Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Been vaping Wenston (SC) mixed at 3% (my sweet spot with most SC flavors). I did not like this one fresh as it was too sweet for my liking. Almost tasted like how a fresh pack of Winston used to smell when first opened. It was annoyingly sweet for me. After a good two weeks of letting it sit, that sweetness toned down and it became an enjoyable cigarette style vape. I feel it is in the same family of Mild 7 as it has some similar notes with a similar smokiness. Where I feel Mild 7 is a bright cigarette style vape, Wenston is a tad darker. In summary, I really like it and it made its way to my regular rotation with Mild 7 and Old Captain.

I really am not good at describing the flavor notes in these. It is something I find funny as I can pick out the different tobaccos in NET's as I can pick out Virginia, Burley, Latakia, Cavendish, and Turkish tobaccos on first or second vape. With synthetics, I pick out notes and tones and equate it to dark and bright notes. Now I'm not really sure how to explain dark or bright as to me, it is like the pitch of a music note. The brighter is on a higher pitch like the squeal of a guitar where the darker note would be more like a bass like note. Not sure that made any sense, just trying to explain where I am coming from when I say darker or brighter note.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Do you taste a lot of sweetness in the Arabic? Mine at suggested percentages smells really sweet and that shows itself in the flavor when vaped. Even after a couple of months of steeping it's still overly sweet. I shy away every time I shake it and sniff it.

I like HS Flue Cured at 5% with .5% EM.

Arabic can go as low as 2% depending on the flavor you want. You can taste just a .2% change in flavoring. Anything over 4% is definitely sweeter and it tastes different. Below 3% there's little sweetness and you pick up more of the spices. It's my belief after vaping it 2-3 years that 3-4% is the range it's intended to be used at... Different percentages in that range seem to bring out different parts of the flavor more.

If your mix is too sweet it's too much flavoring for you. Cut it with up to 50%
base and see how it is.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
What about the black? And the HS Flue Cured and Arabic?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See above.

But with Hangsen a couple weeks usually brings the best flavor. For faster steeping, all I do it leave the juice in a warm place like a sunny window, heat register, or on top of the dvr. With in a day or two they are ready to go like they've been steeping for a few weeks.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just learned something about steeping, I guess letting the liquids sitting in the fridge doesn't count as steeping. When I first stared the DIY I tried sweeting a tobacco, I didn't get very far and none of the flavors added any sweetness. Now I'm just satisfied with the tobaccos I get by adding the tobacco flavor to the e liquid.

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
[QUOTE="JeremyR, post: 19343315, member: 113723".......... You can taste just a .2% change in flavoring. ............[/QUOTE]

Jeremy if I remember right, you're more into mixing single flavor recipes than the other way around, but I just wanted to mention that, for me, Arabic is amazing at improving mouth feel and th when mixed with other tobacco flavors. Here's one I'm really liking.

HS Highway 3%
HS Arabic 1%
FA Oak Wood 1 drop per 8ml

When you're doing another flavor for a break from Arabic, it might be worth a try adding a little Arabic for improved th.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hey JD, yeah single flavor guy.. The only time I don't vape Arabic is if I run out. Lol which I'm about to.. And yes the reason I always vape it is not just the complex flavor but mostly the th.

I just got some hs Rainbow in, been wanting to try it for years. Its suppose to be a hot tobacco, like jalapeño hot. Will see.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Let us know ... sounds interesting.

A few weeks ago I promised reviews of FLV Indian and Connecticut Shade. Sad to say neither impresses me much. Connecticut Shade has a strong coffee note, and not a lot of tobacconess. Indian just fails to hold my attention.

I've also cooled on the Kentucky Blend. Was excited about it at first, but it hasn't held my attention long-term. Not bad, just something I grew bored of pretty quickly.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I dont usually vape Tobacco recipes, But I had this DK Tab hanging around.
So I mixed it with Some Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & lemon Scilly.
It has a nice vanilla DK taste on the inhale & a cool lemon after taste on exhale, It's not Bad!

DK Tab (tpa) @ 4%
Vailla Bean Ice Cream (tpa) @ 3%
Lemon Scilly (FA) @ 3%
1 drop of Vape Wizard per every 10 mils

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I have a order going into my DIY supplier, I smoke a lot of the Virginia which is my strong tobacco taste, every so often I just want a strong tobacco. I believe Virginia is a soft mellow tobacco. I do want to get some Turkish tobacco while I'm there. I could increase the amount of flavoring, increase the temp I vape at. Not sure which way to go but I'd like to get a tobacco flavor stronger than Virginia, prefer no nuts spices ect just a strong tobacco taste.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Quick easy mix, using 30 ml bottles with 10 ml in the bottle. 8 drops of flavoring in 80PG 20 VG 3 mg nicotine.
The Turkish is maybe a tad stronger tobacco flavor than the Virginia, Old Havana which is a cigar tobacco is again a strong tobacco flavor not tasting any cigar flavor though.
The Virginia tobacco is a different brand than what I had previously made and at this point I have less drops than the previous mix, a good strong tobacco flavor. Maybe it's about time for me to try adding other flavorings to the basic tobacco flavors and maybe mixing together a few tobacco flavors together.

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
I dont usually vape Tobacco recipes, But I had this DK Tab hanging around.
So I mixed it with Some Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & lemon Scilly.
It has a nice vanilla DK taste on the inhale & a cool lemon after taste on exhale, It's not Bad!

DK Tab (tpa) @ 4%
Vailla Bean Ice Cream (tpa) @ 3%
Lemon Scilly (FA) @ 3%
1 drop of Vape Wizard per every 10 mils
Weird. I've been using Latakia (INW) in an almost identical recipe...

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Weird. I've been using Latakia (INW) in an almost identical recipe...

Latakia, Whats that like? I have Gold Ducat & Canadian Type INW tabs, their strong as heck.
I used to mix Gold Ducat with Carmel & vanilla, Canadian tab with Spearmint.
Haven't made any in a while, may be I will revisit them some day :)

Reactions: anavidfan

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
Latakia, Whats that like? I have Gold Ducat & Canadian Type INW tabs, their strong as heck.
I used to mix Gold Ducat with Carmel & vanilla, Canadian tab with Spearmint.
Haven't made any in a while, may be I will revisit them some day :)
It's quite floral. With an almost melon note - that's why i paired it with lemon. Seems there are differing types, some smokier than others. This doesn't come across as smokey.

Fernando Mercerat

Feb 26, 2016
Hi, need some advice here. Can you point me in the right direction to choose concentrates if I tell you what I liked and what not ?
Well, this is what I've tried so far
Loved : Inawera Tobacco Virginia, SC Real Cig, Inawera Dromedary (S Camel)
Liked: TFA RY4 Double, Halo Tribeca (premade e-juice)
Usable but wouldn't buy again: TFA Western, Hangsen Desert Ship
Hated: Inawera Desert Voyager, Inawera Falcon Eye, Halo Captain Jack (premade e-juice)
As additives I like Inawera DNB very much and hate Acetyl Pyrazine.
You were really helpful the firts time I asked, chose 4 concentrates based on your recomendations and 3 of them are in the "Loved" section.
From reading here I have in sight HA Highway, HA Red USA, IN 555 Gold, and TFA M-Type.
Thank you guys, you've been always really helpful. I'm about to reach 1 year away from smoking.

Reactions: JD1 and DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread