Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used to think that Hangsen was the best for tobacco flavors but I see from looking over my list of favorite tobaccos that I have mostly Inawera. I also don't like the fact that where I buy flavors that Hangsen just says something like the best tobacco taste rather than a description while other manufactures will try to offer a description of the tobacco.

There seems to be more choice nowadays. Purilum is a nice clean brand that has authentic flavor without aftertaste. I've ordered half a dozen Purilum flavors lately and really enjoyed the flavors.

FA is probably the choice if you like concentrates that last a while. Most Hangsens, while they are excellent flavors, require much higher concentrations. HIC's Notes is worth subscribing to for Flavourart flavors.

Most of my collection of flavors consists of FA and Hangsen, but it's slowly branching out. My flavor box is becoming full with 57 flavors so far. I've tried to be selective and not order just because the description says it's good. I'm a sucker for ECF reviews, though. Makes me want to order one to try.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I like the SC line of tobacco flavors really well. I guess I should call them my favorite because if I would have to choose just one company I'd probably go with them.
I agree, SC is also my favorite line of tobacco flavors as well. I find they have the most authentic cigarette style vape out there (at least to me). Been using American Red, M-style, Mild Seven, Wenston, and Western Blend mixed individually at 3% as a single flavor. Then I mix in a tank a little of this and a little of that. Been happy as heck and never gets old as the flavor is always a little different; good different, never had a bad experience. Every time it reminds me of a cigarette. I actually have a few more coming today: Island Blend, Parley. and Blended Tobacco. Will mix them up and report back later.

Also have some from Flavorah coming today: Commercial Cigarette, Cavendish, Oriental, Turkish, and Native Tobacco. Will also mix them up and report. Not really sure why I ordered them as I think I have never heard anything good about them. Guess I will have to mix them and judge for myself.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Let us know Vicman, I like hearing everyone's thoughts. To me, only a true tobacco guy can give me a review worth reading.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
:)..... Yep that's all you'll fine in this tread "True tobacco lovers". SC has come into there own with some really fine tobacco offerings. I'm particularly fond of the SC chobia which is a nice authentic cigar vape.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..... I actually have a few more coming today: Island Blend, Parley. and Blended Tobacco. Will mix them up and report back later. ......
Looking forward to your review, especially the Island Blend. For me it wasn't what I expected, which was coconut at the very least lol. I don't get even a hint of coconut, curious to see what it does for you.
I still like it for a change up every once in a while. For me it's a light 'baccy with some sort of fruit that I can't identify, and makes a good occasional change from my stouter mixes.

Reactions: Vicman

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Looking forward to your review, especially the Island Blend. For me it wasn't what I expected, which was coconut at the very least lol. I don't get even a hint of coconut, curious to see what it does for you.
I've almost pulled the trigger on that one a few times. Curious, you say you don't get coconut. Is it closer to a straight tobacco to you then? Does it compare to any other SC flavor you've tried?

Reactions: JD1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I'm particularly fond of the SC chobia which is a nice authentic cigar vape.

I have SC Cohiba, its a white rebottled label I got from BullCity. Its nasty strong stuff that can take over a mix rather quickly. My first go was 5% and it was insane strong, finally cut it down to 1% and now its good adding 5mls of 1% Cohiba to 25mls steeped Hangsen tobac then vape the it right away. It just gets stronger with time so I just make enough to last a while. I took the 30ml 5% test run ended up with a lifetime supply cutting it down to 1%.
SC Cohiba is a great sharp almost ashy cigar taste that just a bit in the background of other tobacs is good vapin.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
....... Is it closer to a straight tobacco to you then? Does it compare to any other SC flavor you've tried?
For me it's a different tasting tobacco with some sort of fruit that I can't identify either. So no, not really like other SC flavors either. I'm guessing here, but I think they might be trying to copy some oriental blend. Wish I could help more but that's about all I can come up with.

Reactions: aceswired

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I have SC Cohiba, its a white rebottled label I got from BullCity. Its nasty strong stuff that can take over a mix rather quickly. My first go was 5% and it was insane strong, finally cut it down to 1% and now its good adding 5mls of 1% Cohiba to 25mls steeped Hangsen tobac then vape the it right away. It just gets stronger with time so I just make enough to last a while. I took the 30ml 5% test run ended up with a lifetime supply cutting it down to 1%.
SC Cohiba is a great sharp almost ashy cigar taste that just a bit in the background of other tobacs is good vapin.
Dang, I wish my taste buds were that sharp. Or should I be glad they're not??? :) :vapor:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Initial thoughts on Island Blend (SC). Mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, and vaped on a .5 coil at 35 Watts on a Tsunami RDA. At 2 days, I get a little bit of a mounds bar effect from it. A little coconut and I swear I get a touch of chocolate in the background. I also taste what I think is rum and some type of fruit which is a somewhere between cherry and prune. The tobacco is light and has a little of the earthy/hay vibe going on. I really like it at 2 days as it is something completely different from what I have been vaping. Might mix it with Old Captain (SC) as it might blend well. Maybe might mix with Cohiba also, as I think it would work well with a cigar. Gonna try to let it sit to see how aging effects it and if the fruit becomes identifiable. I call it a winner so far.

Blended Tobacco (SC): mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, and vaped same as above. I swear it is a chocolate and coffee tobacco. The tobacco is more along the line of a Burley style. The chocolate is milk chocolate like and the coffee is more like coffee grounds not an actual cup of the nectar of the gods (kinda a coffee fiend here). Will let sit to see how it develops. As of now, I like it.

Parley (SC): Mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, vaped in a sub tank with a .5 coil. I swear this is the same as Wenston (SC). Has the same flavor notes and smokiness. Will let it sit to see if it changes. It's a good cigarette vape, just swear I have had it before, just with a different name. Gonna have to vape them side by side to see if I notice any differences.

My one complaint with the SC line is the lack of details on what they are or what they are trying to pull off. Bull City has no descriptions except they are highly concentrated. Not much help when trying to decide what to buy.

As for the Flavorah blends, going to let them sit to see how they develop. On my initial test tastes, there were two which might be winners; Commercial Cigarette and Oriental, two that had a perfume-like note, which if it does not go away, will be definite losers for me; Turkish and Native. And there was one which I have no clue what it is supposed to be; Cavendish. That is why I am going to let them sit for a while as it's only been 2 days.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's been busy lately and I haven't mixed up much of anything the past few weeks. I do have FA Cuban Supreme and Hangsen Highway in their 3rd and 4th week of steeping, and some TFA RY4 Double about 10 days old.

Leaving for 5 days at the beach in the AM. I have lots of heavily steeped juice packed for the trip.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
I do have FA Cuban Supreme and Hangsen Highway in their 3rd and 4th week of steeping

Two of my favourites, i always make at least 500ml of each. 2.5% to 3% of the Cuban is enough for me, the Highway at 3.5%.

Highway can really use some regular breathing, which freshens it up somewhat.

Both do need 4 weeks of steeping for me, or 8 hours in a Yoghurt Machine and then another 2 weeks of steeping.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Initial thoughts on Island Blend (SC). Mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, and vaped on a .5 coil at 35 Watts on a Tsunami RDA. At 2 days, I get a little bit of a mounds bar effect from it. A little coconut and I swear I get a touch of chocolate in the background. I also taste what I think is rum and some type of fruit which is a somewhere between cherry and prune. The tobacco is light and has a little of the earthy/hay vibe going on. I really like it at 2 days as it is something completely different from what I have been vaping. Might mix it with Old Captain (SC) as it might blend well. Maybe might mix with Cohiba also, as I think it would work well with a cigar. Gonna try to let it sit to see how aging effects it and if the fruit becomes identifiable. I call it a winner so far.

Blended Tobacco (SC): mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, and vaped same as above. I swear it is a chocolate and coffee tobacco. The tobacco is more along the line of a Burley style. The chocolate is milk chocolate like and the coffee is more like coffee grounds not an actual cup of the nectar of the gods (kinda a coffee fiend here). Will let sit to see how it develops. As of now, I like it.

Parley (SC): Mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, vaped in a sub tank with a .5 coil. I swear this is the same as Wenston (SC). Has the same flavor notes and smokiness. Will let it sit to see if it changes. It's a good cigarette vape, just swear I have had it before, just with a different name. Gonna have to vape them side by side to see if I notice any differences.

My one complaint with the SC line is the lack of details on what they are or what they are trying to pull off. Bull City has no descriptions except they are highly concentrated. Not much help when trying to decide what to buy.

As for the Flavorah blends, going to let them sit to see how they develop. On my initial test tastes, there were two which might be winners; Commercial Cigarette and Oriental, two that had a perfume-like note, which if it does not go away, will be definite losers for me; Turkish and Native. And there was one which I have no clue what it is supposed to be; Cavendish. That is why I am going to let them sit for a while as it's only been 2 days.

Excellent reviews Vicman, thanks for posting. Yeal, I think I must have problems even tasting coconut. I have some Hangsen coconut that I've tried up to 6% and get a light tasting something or another that doesn't taste like coconut to me. I guess I just have problems with that flavor.

Now that you mention it, I think I am getting a hint of rum. Might just be the power of suggestion though lol. Anyways, I think I will try mixing the Island and Cohiba and see how that goes. :vapor:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Initial thoughts on Island Blend (SC). Mixed at 3%, 50/50 pg/vg, and vaped on a .5 coil at 35 Watts on a Tsunami RDA. At 2 days, I get a little bit of a mounds bar effect from it. A little coconut and I swear I get a touch of chocolate in the background. I also taste what I think is rum and some type of fruit which is a somewhere between cherry and prune. The tobacco is light and has a little of the earthy/hay vibe going on. I really like it at 2 days as it is something completely different from what I have been vaping. Might mix it with Old Captain (SC) as it might blend well. Maybe might mix with Cohiba also, as I think it would work well with a cigar. Gonna try to let it sit to see how aging effects it and if the fruit becomes identifiable. I call it a winner so far…

Shoot Vic from your desc sure does seem like the perfect invitation to try another revival of the Boba's or even a JCTC clone. And my very best iterations certainly fared better married to a good cigar flavor complement. Now what abs would you chance in such a trio, I wonder? Thx for the reviews.

Good luck and Happy Father's all. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Shoot Vic from your desc sure does seem like the perfect invitation to try another revival of the Boba's or even a JCTC clone. And my very best iterations certainly fared better married to a good cigar flavor complement. Now what abs would you chance in such a trio, I wonder? Thx for the reviews.

Good luck and Happy Father's all. :)

I never tried Boba's Bounty. Every time I tried to get in they were sold out. After a while I just gave up.

Reactions: JD1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread