Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
One of the stouter Hangsen tobacco is Magic Mix, you should try it. It is the most realistic tobacco vape that i found. If Hangsen would have a tobacco Absolute version it would be it. The second most realistic tobacco is Hangsen TU, on the sweeter side of Magic Mix but also spot on with the Tobacco flavor.
I bookmarked Magic Mix, thanks for the heads up. I found a review that said it was like Lucky Strike. I sure hope so.

isso

Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
Alberta
I bookmarked Magic Mix, thanks for the heads up. I found a review that said it was like Lucky Strike. I sure hope so.
The Magic Mix is the same as the Hangsen GI (Gitane) that I bought from banggood 4 years ago and they stopped selling. Gitane is a French cigarette brand that is stronger than the American cigarette, very dark tobacco and high in nicotine. I felt like they changed its name to Magic Mix to make it more appealing than GI.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Mixed up some INW Tobacco Taboo and the Smoke and Prunes, cant wait to try it out in a few days.
So far my favorite of all the new flavors is the INW Am4A TDM and the INW Virginia Absolute. I really had my doubts on the Am4A because of the really strong liqueur aroma, but its so perfect , an all day, every day.... Im going to have to invest in a big ol bottle, cause I cant go with out it.

I have some of the Hangsen HA coming and hope that blend shared above will be another one in my stable.

I am so happy with these ready made flavors that Im gonna give up on my NETs for now. I have a few liters of Acid Blonde extract and its good, but now Im spoiled and a big plus, I can actually go through 12mls before the coils get destroyed VS 4mls of my NET.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The Magic Mix is the same as the Hangsen GI (Gitane) that I bought from banggood 4 years ago and they stopped selling. Gitane is a French cigarette brand that is stronger than the American cigarette, very dark tobacco and high in nicotine. I felt like they changed its name to Magic Mix to make it more appealing than GI.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Naturally Extracted ... .com has a "gypsy blonde" that is fantastic and its made from French cigarette tobacco, maybe this can be close.

Reactions: JD1

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
So far my favorite of all the new flavors is the INW Am4A TDM and the INW Virginia Absolute. I really had my doubts on the Am4A because of the really strong liqueur aroma, but its so perfect , an all day, every day.... Im going to have to invest in a big ol bottle, cause I cant go with out it.
How long did you let the Am4A sit before you tried it (and at what percentage did you mix)? I am a total tobacco greenhorn, compared to everyone else on this thread (I have less than a dozen tobacco concentrates in my 280+ flavor stash; and 90% of those have only been used as additions), but I too am just tickled with Am4A as a stand-alone!

I asked about your aging; because I found that this is really enjoyable, as soon as 72 hours after mixing. I actually think I prefer this one a bit fresher. At about a month old (typically when a tobacco just really begins to shine), it seems to lose a little something, or perhaps other flavors are just moving into the forefront. Again, I have next to no experience to compare it to.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
How long did you let the Am4A sit before you tried it (and at what percentage did you mix)? I am a total tobacco greenhorn, compared to everyone else on this thread (I have less than a dozen tobacco concentrates in my 280+ flavor stash; and 90% of those have only been used as additions), but I too am just tickled with Am4A as a stand-alone!

I asked about your aging; because I found that this is really enjoyable, as soon as 72 hours after mixing. I actually think I prefer this one a bit fresher. At about a month old (typically when a tobacco just really begins to shine), it seems to lose a little something, or perhaps other flavors are just moving into the forefront. Again, I have next to no experience to compare it to.

I like it from 3 to 5 days old. I use it at 2% , 3% nic and 70VG. I like it at all stages so far. I was wondering what it was "supposed" to be, and its a coffee tobacco , right up my alley. I initially mixed it at 3% and found it just getting stronger and a bit too strong.

I just mixed up the Taboo and the Smoke and Prunes (2%), they both have a VERY strong aroma, so Im hoping these might end up to be good too. The INW Cuban absolute is OK on its own, kinda just OK, ( I mixed this one at 5% and its very mild) but I hope that recipe above somewhere combined with the DNB and the Hangsen turns out good.

I do notice that I have 2 rtas that really enhance the flavors more than my other atties. Sometimes I like the added explosion of flavors but with some it can just bee too much. I have 4 different RTAs that I use for certain flavors.

Last edited:

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I had mixed up some Turkish tobacco and brown sugar about a month or so I'd guess, since I couldn't get any brown sugar flavor I'd just set the bottle aside. I saw this bottle and used it to wet the wicking of the coils I was putting in. I was very surprised at the flavor I got out of it, actually very strong and I toned it down by putting more plain Turkish in. The two flavors blend together very well.
I got a Daedalus set up for making Claptons should be good for flavor.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I got a Daedalus set up for making Claptons should be good for flavor.

My discovery of the clapton coil totally changed my way of vaping. It just floored then hooked me right after the first couple hits I took. With kanthal core wire it really doesn't matter about precise using watts mode so leaving the end wraps intact. I found that with SS core I remove end wraps to get a better TC reading cause your not trapping the wrap wire thats in the way or shifting causing resistance to jump around. The wrap wire in claptons only transfer the heat and have no bearing on the resistance so removing the wrap wire far enough past the posts and to the base of the first loop so no chance of arcing.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ok, got a question for tobacco "nuts"

I have some INW Virginia Absolute, its nice but a tad on the sweet side not super sweet, but ....
I initially mixed it up at 3%, 3mg nic and 80Vg/ 20PG. Its was a bit too much flavor so now Im at 2% flavor and the same on the rest.

What can I add to "ash" it up? I have the INW Dirty Neutral, Cuban, Perique, Latika and of course the Am4...

I have some Hangsen Cuban, FA Burley too.

Thanks. I dont mind the Virginia as is, but I like it drier/ ashy. I bought a 30ml and still have some of the 10ml bottle. Probably put the new 30ml aside and rehome it with any others that are too sweet.

Reactions: JD1

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Ok, got a question for tobacco "nuts"

I have some INW Virginia Absolute, its nice but a tad on the sweet side not super sweet, but ....
I initially mixed it up at 3%, 3mg nic and 80Vg/ 20PG. Its was a bit too much flavor so now Im at 2% flavor and the same on the rest.

What can I add to "ash" it up? I have the INW Dirty Neutral, Cuban, Perique, Latika and of course the Am4...

I have some Hangsen Cuban, FA Burley too.

Thanks. I dont mind the Virginia as is, but I like it drier/ ashy. I bought a 30ml and still have some of the 10ml bottle. Probably put the new 30ml aside and rehome it with any others that are too sweet.
You can add some Latakia for the Oakwood smoke, some Perique for the tobacco smoke, INW Cuban for sweet dryness, touch of DNB as tobacco enhancer.

For some time i was done with sweetness in liquid, until i realised sweetness and/or chocolate really lift up any tobacco-liquid.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Add the DNB (Dirty neutral) start at 2% and go up in 1% increments until you reach your desired level of ash.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, back on topic.....

Tobacco Taboo INW:
Mixed at 2% , nic 3%, 80VG
Experience so far; not liking it. There is definately a nice smokiness, but the odd, fruity notes are too strong for me. Leaves and after taste that can only be neutralized by my strong , brain freezing mint mix. It has been 6 days, maybe this one needs more airing out and time.

Smoke and Prunes INW
Mixed at 2% , nic 3%, 80VG
Experience so far, REALLY not liking it. Great smoky ashy start, then the fruity, figgy, pruny, European nougat taste just makes me wretch and then nauseous.
Again, needed to brush teeth, vape the mints and drink a lot of anything before I can even use any tobacco.

Maybe these two need less flavor or serious mixing with DNB or a couple more days with the top off.
Going to give them another week or so . If not any fan of these , please take them off my hands....

SO far in my tobacco flavors Im really happy.
The INW AmD4 and the Cuban are a keeper and great as stand alones.

If out of all the INW tobacco I try these are the only 2, Im still thrilled !!!!

I have a 16oz bottle of each in my stash. Still on the fence about the INW Virginia, its not bad, actually compared to the taboo and S & Prunes, its really good. I have my INW Virginia aging a bit with some added DNB. Fingers are crossed and I can vape it soon and like it just as much.

I have a few more flavors coming soon, That Hansen Havana/cuban is sold out everywhere, so Im waiting for BC to get some in. I have a Hangsen "Cuban" I have not tried yet either. GOtta get busy.

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Well I wondered out loud how Cohiba (SC) would mix with Island Tobacco (SC) so I decided to see. Mixed them up with a little Cuban Cigar TA (INW). For the first 2 weeks it was bland and kinda a disappointment. Tried it today after 3 weeks and wow, the flavors finally came through. The coconut and rum from the Island Tobacco are up front with a nice cigar feel and taste bringing up the rear. Slightly smokey and a little leathery.

Island Tobacco (SC) - 2%
Cohiba (SC) - 2%
Cuban Cigar TA (INW) - .75%

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Haven't used those in particular, but I have noticed that many tobacco blends take about a month to get tasty.

Hmmm, then I better not get rid of the few Im not nuts about for a while more, just in case there is a GEM in there :)

I got a few more INW in yesterday: Cavendish, Turkish , coffee paradise ( tobacco and coffeee ) .

My room is starting to look like a mad scientist laboratory. All the pyrex beakers, bottles and strange stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread