Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Very early and limited impressions of the German Flavours tobaccos. I mixed two of these up just around 6 hours ago. They've been sitting on top of my high-tech shaker/stirrer (also known as my dehumidifier) since then. I started with Heart of Desert and White Lion.

In both cases, I'd say that these are very light tobaccos. They're sweeter than I'm used to, composed almost entirely of bright notes. If you like them dry, dark, and/or dirty, these don't offer that. If you're the type who adds sweetener to tobaccos (!?!), they might be more in your range.

The White Lion has a fruitiness to it. It reminds me a little of Halo's Voodoo. The Heart of Desert is a little less sweet. There's some of that spice that you get in a FA Desert Ship, though less. Still trying to get a handle on what I taste.

I think that, for me, these are going to require the addition of more tobacco notes, as well as some smokiness or ashiness. They might work with some SC Cohiba and Black Fire or DNB. As standalones, they're not designed for straight-up tobacco guys like most of us are.

I still have a couple more to mix. Will report back.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I mixed a few German Flavors up last night and am not liking my initial tests. I mixed them at the recommended percentages on the VT site. Hope they change with some age. I only tried 4 of the 8 I mixed so far.

The White Lion reminds me of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA). Not bad, just not tobacco. Mixed at 4%.

Caribbean Blend, mixed at 5%, shows some promise. Has rum, coconut, and chocolate notes. Light tobacco, a little of the hay like taste to it. Shows potential.

Bald Eagle; mixed at 4%. This one has a cigar note, like when lit. I did not smoke many cigars in my life but I do remember they ones I did had a distinct taste when lit; this reminded me of that. However, it also has a perfume note which totally turns me off. Hoping it goes away after some age. I took the cap off and let sit last night, might do it again and then let it sit for a while because if it just had that cigar note, would be a winner. Can not vape with the perfume thing going on though.

Burley Tobacco. Not sure what it is. Maybe a little like a light version of the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream but it has a real mild perfume note. Should note, this was mixed at 3% as suggested so it used the lowest percentage of all I mixed up thus far. Not a fan of this one so far but going to let sit for a while and see what happens.

I notice they all have this base flavor which I can not describe. Well maybe it is something to do with that vanilla bean ice cream taste I get. Some are up front in your face with that VBIC note while others have it slightly. Hope they change after sitting for a while. Will try the others I mixed up plus the 2 from SC (Septwolves and Tuscan) I mixed up over the weekend.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
German Flavours. Bought from Vaperstek.

It's not really spicy, exactly. More like the smell you get when grilling a pepper. Earthy, musty, with that suggestion of a kick. If that makes any sense.

I also get strong pepper from Dark Vapure, which I don't like. This works better, for whatever reason. Jury is still out though

Last edited:

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Finding that the interesting aspect of the Perique wears off on me. Probably not going to make the rotation.

Mixed up my last, H Shag today. Smells awful out of the bottle, but tastes better than it smells. Still,not a winner. I don't think these German flavors will satisfy most in this thread. Wish I had spent my cash on more Hangsen or SC instead.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Wish I had spent my cash on more Hangsen or SC instead.
I know.....I not to fond of wandering off of what I know. Some of the company interpretations of what something is suppose to taste like can be miles off or totally miss the mark. I go through the pages of tobac concentrates, thinking what it might taste like, already have many that I wasted money on already. Go back to the Hangsen pages then add to cart something that I probably will vape. Even the SC concentrates can be not to ones liking. I guess I'm just a tad picky, bitten many times over with commercial juices that were just plain and simple schite of the same name as some concentrates.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
After a week I have changed my mind on White Lion (GF). The vanilla gives it a pipe feel and there is a slight fruit note which brightens up the mix. The tobacco seems light and I can not really pin point it. With that said, I like it. Might not remind me of a tobacco vape but a nice, slightly fruity vanilla vape. Had to put it away to see how it develops or I would have loaded another tank and chain vaped it until it was gone. LOL

Still getting a perfume note with Bald Eagle (GF) after a week. The cigar note I liked lightened as well. If that perfume note stays, wont matter if it has a cigar note or not as I can not vape perfume tasting vapes.

American Blend (GF) mixed at 4%. After a week I get a slight hay like tobacco (and I mean slight) with a dry feel to the vape. Kind of boring after a week, might be nice to give a dryness to a mix. Will let sit and see if it develops anymore.

American Blend Silver (GF) mixed at 4%. Nice hay like tobacco note. Slight smokey note. A little on the dry side. Want to see how this comes around after sitting a little more. Has potential.

Turkish Tobacco (GF) mixed at 4%. Nice bright tobacco note. However, I get a little mint note as well. Why the hell would there be mint in Turkish tobacco? Boggles the mind. Will let it sit and see if that was a figment of my imagination or if it really has a mint note. Hoping my senses were playing tricks on me and am afraid to try again as it really has a nice bright tobacco note which I want to like. Don't get me wrong, I like mint but not in a Turkish blend.

Burley Tobacco (GF) mixed at 3%. Last week I did not understand what they were going for. Well, after a week, it is coming around to be a nice representation of a Burley tobacco. It is a little on the boring side but I think it will be a nice mixer when I want to add a darker tobacco note to a blend.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Oh wow, forgot to mention these. Oops.

Tuskin (SC) mixed at 3%. Wow, very nice cigar. I come from vaping NET's and this one reminds me of one of my favorite NET's which was an ACID Blonde cigar from River Bottom Fog Sauce: Dagwoods Wife is Trippin (DWiT). This has that high pitch note which tickles the nose on the exhale. Man, I love that note. It also has a nice tobacco note along with slight smokey note. Going to mix it up at 4% to see if that high pitch note comes out more as that is something I like. Like it so much vaped through 30 mils in two days as I did not test it until two days ago. Winner in my book.

Septwolves (SC) mixed at 3%. A cigarette blend with either a light clove or black licorice note. I really can not pin point this note. It is not overpowering and only really notice at end of the exhale. It gets to the point where even though I only get it on the end of the exhale, it becomes dominate and the only thing I taste after a few draws. If you're into that type of thing, might be worth while; not for me though.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
After a week I have changed my mind on White Lion (GF). The vanilla gives it a pipe feel and there is a slight fruit note which brightens up the mix. The tobacco seems light and I can not really pin point it. With that said, I like it. Might not remind me of a tobacco vape but a nice, slightly fruity vanilla vape. Had to put it away to see how it develops or I would have loaded another tank and chain vaped it until it was gone. LOL

Still getting a perfume note with Bald Eagle (GF) after a week. The cigar note I liked lightened as well. If that perfume note stays, wont matter if it has a cigar note or not as I can not vape perfume tasting vapes.

American Blend (GF) mixed at 4%. After a week I get a slight hay like tobacco (and I mean slight) with a dry feel to the vape. Kind of boring after a week, might be nice to give a dryness to a mix. Will let sit and see if it develops anymore.

American Blend Silver (GF) mixed at 4%. Nice hay like tobacco note. Slight smokey note. A little on the dry side. Want to see how this comes around after sitting a little more. Has potential.

Turkish Tobacco (GF) mixed at 4%. Nice bright tobacco note. However, I get a little mint note as well. Why the hell would there be mint in Turkish tobacco? Boggles the mind. Will let it sit and see if that was a figment of my imagination or if it really has a mint note. Hoping my senses were playing tricks on me and am afraid to try again as it really has a nice bright tobacco note which I want to like. Don't get me wrong, I like mint but not in a Turkish blend.

Burley Tobacco (GF) mixed at 3%. Last week I did not understand what they were going for. Well, after a week, it is coming around to be a nice representation of a Burley tobacco. It is a little on the boring side but I think it will be a nice mixer when I want to add a darker tobacco note to a blend.

Nice descriptive write up! All are just a week old?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thank you. Yes, they were mixed up a week ago.

They may continue to evolve over time.

I don't vape tobacco flavors exclusively, and find that the various ones I've brewed up will keep changing "notes" for at least a month. So, for me, it can take some time before I know if it's really any good. Might start, fresh, as ok and become great - or the other way.... :facepalm:

I try to keep my curiosity in check on them, and not vape them for a month after mixing..... with, of course, mixed results!

Fruits, desserts and such are often good as shake and vape, and don't seem to change as much over time, ime.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
They may continue to evolve over time.

I don't vape tobacco flavors exclusively, and find that the various ones I've brewed up will keep changing "notes" for at least a month. So, for me, it can take some time before I know if it's really any good. Might start, fresh, as ok and become great - or the other way.... :facepalm:

I try to keep my curiosity in check on them, and not vape them for a month after mixing..... with, of course, mixed results!

Fruits, desserts and such are often good as shake and vape, and don't seem to change as much over time, ime.
I find half the fun of DIY is seeing how a mix changes from week to week. Tasting a fresh batch is part of the process for me. I like to find a percentage which becomes my sweet spot or starting point with certain brands. For instance, with the SC line, 3% has been my sweet spot whereas, it is 4% with HS and 2.5-3% with INW. Those seem to be where I start with these brands. For the most part, I get a great mix at those percentages.

I like to do the same thing with age. For instance, with the SC line I find them good fresh but are good to go after a week; some get better with more age but really, after a week, most have been satisfying for me. However, with HS, I find many take about 2 weeks to become good and awesome after a month. They are not bad fresh, just not as satisfying to me. Now INW, I find they take about a month for me to get where I like them, and don't really try them fresh as my experiences with them has been not good until a month. Little disclaimer, don't use much INW nowadays

This is my first go around with German Flavors. On top of that, have not really seen much talked about of them so not really sure what others have thought of them. That's why I bought them been giving my thoughts about them on a week by week basis. Just to put some current opinions out there about this line of favors while trying to find my sweet spots.

To be honest, that is how I found my favorite line of tobaccos, the SC line. Some people ordered and gave their reviews right after. Sounded good and found what I think are some of the best cigarette and cigar mixes out there.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

Looking forward to hearing the progression of this one. I like dry , grassy-hay. The FlavorArt Burley is showing some promise, it is grassy and bright.

The INW Tino D Milano Cuban is growing on me, it has a very distinct aroma, not perfume like, almost nutty, which was a slight turn off, cause I have this thing about nutty flavors in my coffee and tobaccos.

ITs really good half and half with the INW Cuban Absolute, which I really like on its own. I have to try out the Hangsen Cuban soon. It was similar to the INW TDM Cuban without the musty-nutty aroma.

I just mixed up the INW Cavendish a week and half ago. Its smells quite sweet, so Ive put off tasting it. Most of the Cavendish tobaccos taste flavored , like they add vanilla , so Im hoping its not too sweet.

So far I cant see me buying the Turkish and the Virginia absolute by INW, not bad, just a tad sweet and meh.

The INW Tobacco Taboo and Smoke and Prunes are un-vapable to me. Something in both that turns me stomach and makes me wretch like most Scotch does. Might be black licorice or anise?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Best cigar you will ever try if you are a Cuban cigar smoker:
Hangsen Havana 5%
5 drops of Inawera absolute Cigar in 10 mls
5 drops of Inawera DNB in 10 mls

I was a cigar smoker for 20 years and I have been vaping for 4 years and always looking for the best cigar Vape and this is the ultimate Vape.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

@isso ,Ive was wondering if you know where else other than Bull City that sells the Hangsen HA-Havana? They've been out for a month, maybe more.

I really want to give this a try.

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
Looking forward to hearing the progression of this one. I like dry , grassy-hay. The FlavorArt Burley is showing some promise, it is grassy and bright.

The INW Tino D Milano Cuban is growing on me, it has a very distinct aroma, not perfume like, almost nutty, which was a slight turn off, cause I have this thing about nutty flavors in my coffee and tobaccos.

ITs really good half and half with the INW Cuban Absolute, which I really like on its own. I have to try out the Hangsen Cuban soon. It was similar to the INW TDM Cuban without the musty-nutty aroma.

I just mixed up the INW Cavendish a week and half ago. Its smells quite sweet, so Ive put off tasting it. Most of the Cavendish tobaccos taste flavored , like they add vanilla , so Im hoping its not too sweet.

So far I cant see me buying the Turkish and the Virginia absolute by INW, not bad, just a tad sweet and meh.

The INW Tobacco Taboo and Smoke and Prunes are un-vapable to me. Something in both that turns me stomach and makes me wretch like most Scotch does. Might be black licorice or anise?
Be interested to see how you harness the INW Cavendish. It has a 'room aroma' that I love. Almost urine-like, but in a good way. Have yet to find a way to get this to show up in the flavour though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread