Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Hey guys, I've been using Real Cig Super Concentrate flavor for quite some time now. I used to get it from VapingZone and then moved to Bull City Vapor after some issues I had with VZ.

Anyway, BCV are discontinuing the SC line so now I am looking for another vendor that sells the same Real Cig SC flavor. Does anyone know of one?
I see ejuicecig dot com sells a Real Cig SC but I don't know if that vendor is good or if that is the same Real Cig SC as VZ and BCV.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would rather buy larger quantities but at this point anything will do.

Real Cig is a vital ingredient in my ADV and I am almost out so I am trying really hard to find another vendor as soon as possible.

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks guys!

I've made 3 orders with VZ in the past month and my experience with them has been flawless with extremely fast shipping...I don't know what happened in your situation, but maybe give them another try?

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
Flue Cured and Burley tobaccos
Sorry I haven't been around for a few months.
I have posted in the past that I was in the tobacco industry for twelve years, mainly in the agricultural field, but also extensively in processing and blending.
I mainly dealt with Flue Cured and Burley tobaccos.
Flue Cured tobaccos by nature are slightly sweet and have a throat "fill" effect rather than a throat hit. I would say that they are really smooth but that would be inaccurate because different leaf stages in the plant produce different effects. The leaves are harvested from the bottom up as they mature, with the lower nicotine and body at the bottom of the plant, and the higher at the top. The first set of leaves are called primings, then come the lugs, cutters, leaf, and tips. Cutters, and Leaf are the most desirable because of their body, girth, combustibility, taste and nicotine content.
Burley Tobaccos are generally harvested as the whole plant matures, and are air cured in large open barns where the plant is hung upside down and allowed to age as it dries. Being mainly a filler type, burley tobaccos are pretty much lacking in personality as far as taste goes, but do have that straw-like, ashy characteristic that makes them a component of most cigarettes. Most pipe tobaccos also use Burley in different forms.....some by fermenting it heavily, others by adding different tobaccos, spices, and liquor.

So I've spent the Last couple of months working on a test to see which Flue Cured/Burley flavor was the best (for me), in order to make the perfect mix.

I'm testing.....Home extracted Flue-Cured, and Burley - Inawera, One on One, Hangsen, VZ, Flue Cureds
and German Flavors, One on One, VZ, Jungle, Inawera, and FlavourArt Burleys.

It is still ongoing and I will post my final results when I have them but this is what it is looking like so far:
Flue Cured: Home extraction was disappointing. Hangsen and One on One have the most accurate taste, with One on One being slightly better(very slightly). Inawera Flue Cured has the best taste, but I don't see it being a "pure" Flue Cured.
Burley: Excellent Home Extract, but so far I'm leaning towards the FlavourArt Burley. It is ashy, dry and bodied with a non-descript tobacco feel to it, which is what a good filler type tobacco should have.
I haven't posted dosages or % because I am still plying with these.

I believe that Flue Cured/Burley components are essential to a good cigarette/pipe style vape....then one can add their choices of enhancements or other flavors to make their perfect vape.

But this is just my outtake, and I may be way off, so take this as just me sharing my thoughts.
THanks

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I have posted in the past that I was in the tobacco industry for twelve years, mainly in the agricultural field, but also extensively in processing and blending.
Flue Cured tobaccos by nature are slightly sweet and have a throat "fill" effect rather than a throat hit. I would say that they are really smooth but that would be inaccurate because different leaf stages in the plant produce different effects. The leaves are harvested from the bottom up as they mature, with the lower nicotine and body at the bottom of the plant, and the higher at the top. The first set of leaves are called primings, then come the lugs, cutters, leaf, and tips. Cutters, and Leaf are the most desirable because of their body, girth, combustibility, taste and nicotine content.
Burley Tobaccos are generally harvested as the whole plant matures, and are air cured in large open barns where the plant is hung upside down and allowed to age as it dries. Being mainly a filler type, burley tobaccos are pretty much lacking in personality as far as taste goes, but do have that straw-like, ashy characteristic that makes them a component of most cigarettes. Most pipe tobaccos also use Burley in different forms.....some by fermenting it heavily, others by adding different tobaccos, spices, and liquor.

So I've spent the Last couple of months working on a test to see which Flue Cured/Burley flavor was the best (for me), in order to make the perfect mix.

I'm testing.....Home extracted Flue-Cured, and Burley - Inawera, One on One, Hangsen, VZ, Flue Cureds

It is still ongoing and I will post my final results when I have them but this is what it is looking like so far:
Flue Cured: Home extraction was disappointing. Hangsen and One on One have the most accurate taste, with One on One being slightly better(very slightly). Inawera Flue Cured has the best taste, but I don't see it being a "pure" Flue Cured.
Burley: Excellent Home Extract, but so far I'm leaning towards the FlavourArt Burley. It is ashy, dry and bodied with a non-descript tobacco feel to it, which is what a good filler type tobacco should have.

I believe that Flue Cured/Burley components are essential to a good cigarette/pipe style vape....then one can add their choices of enhancements or other flavors to make their perfect vape.

But this is just my outtake, and I may be way off, so take this as just me sharing my thoughts.
THanks

Hey thanks for that interesting info. It's always good to hear from someone with expert knowledge on a subject. I smoked hand rolling tobacco for 45 years and never gave a thought to the tobacco plant and how it's handled to create the stuff I was smoking. I've said this before and I'll say it again now - sometimes this site is an education and this has been one of these times. Thanks again.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

THanks

Fantastic work. Very informative information.... Please keep us posted.

Reactions: Dixie1954

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Hey guys, I've been using Real Cig Super Concentrate flavor for quite some time now. I used to get it from VapingZone and then moved to Bull City Vapor after some issues I had with VZ.

Anyway, BCV are discontinuing the SC line so now I am looking for another vendor that sells the same Real Cig SC flavor. Does anyone know of one?
I see ejuicecig dot com sells a Real Cig SC but I don't know if that vendor is good or if that is the same Real Cig SC as VZ and BCV.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would rather buy larger quantities but at this point anything will do.

Real Cig is a vital ingredient in my ADV and I am almost out so I am trying really hard to find another vendor as soon as possible.

Thanks guys!
ecigexpress.com also sells Real Cig too BTW.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

Thanks guys!
My Real Cig is from VZ so I'm no help for another vendor, but I do hate to hear that BC is discontinuing the line. If you try another source, please be sure and let us know how it goes.

I just mixed this up earlier this evening. The Rustica cuts back on the ash just a tad, perfect for me.
Rustica TA 1.5 %
VZ SC Real Cig 1.5%
Inawera Cuban TA 1%

A little stout, but um, um good. I may need to cut it back a little after steeping. :vapor:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
My Real Cig is from VZ so I'm no help for another vendor, but I do hate to hear that BC is discontinuing the line. If you try another source, please be sure and let us know how it goes.

I just mixed this up earlier this evening. The Rustica cuts back on the ash just a tad, perfect for me.
Rustica TA 1.5 %
VZ SC Real Cig 1.5%
Inawera Cuban TA 1%

A little stout, but um, um good. I may need to cut it back a little after steeping. :vapor:

Now that sounds like my kinda vape. I just so happen to have all those ingredients so I think I'll try that as well.
Is the stoutness coming from the cuban TA?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Hey JD they may be discontinuing the IW tobacco. Winkle no longer has it and BC has dropped it from their site. I noticed it after I got one in from BC and tried it and liked it. Went to buy a back-up and gone. Figures, I passed it by until I saw your review and now... :facepalm:

What is IW tobacco?

Pokepie

Mar 28, 2015
Colorado
So I'm still confused. There are many "Just tobacco's" theres hangsen tobacco, DK tobacco Inawera tobacco. Exactly which are you referring to by "IW tobacco" inawera?, Hangsen?.
Inawera's E-aromat line. Sorry for the confusion. But it may be a moot point anyway.

Edit: Just found some at Vaperstek and bought two bottles, but they are a re-bottler so we shall see if they are as good as the original bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: JD1

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Edit: Just found some at Vaperstek and bought two bottles, but they are a re-bottler so we shall see if they are as good as the original bottle.

They used to sell original bottles but never the less they have a good rep so you should be OK.

Reactions: Pokepie

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Now that sounds like my kinda vape. I just so happen to have all those ingredients so I think I'll try that as well.
Is the stoutness coming from the cuban TA?
For me they seem fairly well balanced, and the stoutness is coming from total percents but I'd say you'll like it at those percents or maybe a tad more, plus you may wind up playing around with the blend a little depending on how well you like the Cuban and Real Cig. I'm thinking a little AP would go good in this as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Inawera's E-aromat line. Sorry for the confusion. But it may be a moot point anyway.

Glad to hear you found another source and let us know how it goes. As Danny said, Vaperstek has a good rep, so hopefully it'll be good.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Just wanted to pass this along,

I've changed my method of mixing TA slightly. I found with my batch of samera as it gets older (Mine was about 9 minths old. It seems to thicken up and produce a clumpy mixture. So to resolve this issue I first mixed the samara with just the PGA then shook the heck out of it to disolve as much as I could but there was still a large clump stuck to the bottom of the bottle. I then put it in the ultrasonic cleaner on heat cycle for 30 minutes shaking it every 10 minutes until the clumping was gone. Then I added my PG at the end and heat steeped an additionl 30 minutes. The PGA alone works as a far better solvent then PGA/PG so the idea is to first desolve the TA in PGA then add the PG at the end and then heat steep for an additional 30 minutes. The results were fantastic. No clumps, no little fritters floating around just nice smooth TA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread