Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The BCV Black & Mild SC is a good one. I'm finding that the longer it steeps though, the more the cigarish/tobacco notes fade away. They are great the 1st day, but by 2 weeks all I taste is the chocolate. SC Cohiba is on my list for the next order. I'm hoping mixing the 2 will help keep the cigar notes in the front row.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
The BCV Black & Mild SC is a good one. I'm finding that the longer it steeps though, the more the cigarish/tobacco notes fade away. They are great the 1st day, but by 2 weeks all I taste is the chocolate. SC Cohiba is on my list for the next order. I'm hoping mixing the 2 will help keep the cigar notes in the front row.
That is the EXACT same flavor profile as the ECX Black Mile to a "T"! That is great info to know, since I really don't want to purchase "duplicate flavor profile" liquids from different companies.

I can't say enough good things about the SC Cohiba. I've been vaping it for the last 3 days straight.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
What's the profile on the Gold for Pipe? I've never tried the "Three Castles".

Ok, here's what I get from the GFP:

There's a very slight citrus background note; brown sugar; a hint of honeysuckle; the core of the vape is a smooth, flue cured Virginian tobacco. Absolutely no harsh edges with this vape. Superb stand alone flavor.

But, with that being said, I have mixed it with FA Oba Oba and TFA VC; this turned out nice:
INW Gold for Pipe 3%
FA Oba Oba 1.5%
TFA VC 1%

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Thank you very much for posting that old thread! At least I see there are vapers/mixers out there with the same exact questions I have in my head about the flavorings that are sold with "house" names attached, but the flavorings come from China.

Just to add to the list of curiosity: I found out today that BCV buys their China SC flavoring from VapersTek; now to find out where/who VapersTek buys their SC from these days!
All I know is that the SC French Pipe from VZ and BC are identical, so my thinking is they're all from the same place.

Did you notice at the Xi'an Muren site that they claim to be experts at plant extraction? So IF the SC tobacco flavors are from Xi'an Muren, then they probably do start life as some sort of alcohol extraction from real tobacco plants. That's my theory anyway and I'm sticking to it lol. :vapor:

Reactions: nostradadus

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Mixing while dead beat tired can result in some interesting combos. I almost screamed bloody murder when I accidentally put TFA Peanut Butter in my Arabic mix! :-x

Alls I can say is OMG...Arabic 3% Peanut Butter 2% and Vanilla Bourbon .5%

I get smoldering roasted peanuts! It's yum :wub:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
they probably do start life as some sort of alcohol extraction from real tobacco plants
This is my thinking as well. I'm a sucker for a good mystery; I'll keep plugging away at what/who is the original source; it is probably XM, but I want a vendor to slip and finally give up the answer.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Mixing while dead beat tired can result in some interesting combos. I almost screamed bloody murder when I accidentally put TFA Peanut Butter in my Arabic mix! :-x

Lol. Ok, just because of your post I had to give something similar a try.

Hangsen Arabic 3%
Hangsen Peanut Butter 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
TFA Vanilla Bean 1%

Yum is the word. I could vape this all day easy.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

If you like bolder tobacco flavors, in addition to SC Cohiba, toss a bottle of SC Max Blend in the cart. I think it's becoming one of my favorites (even a little more so than Cohiba).

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014

I think my wife is going to love that mix! Nice combo!

I kinda went a different route with an Arabic mix tonight:

HS Arabic 3%
HS Beer 2%
FA Honey 1%

First time using the HS Beer in a mix; tried it stand alone at 5% in a test batch. It has the alcoholic note I was expecting, but NOT the stale, flat, morning after the party beer on the bedside table quality that I was also expecting from a beer concentrate; it's quite vapable! I think it will be a good enhancer when added with similar alcoholic flavors.

Figured I'd give the new Arabic mix at least a 24/48 hr steep; fingers crossed!

Last edited:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Been away from this thread for awhile. Been busy vaping...
5% TFA Turkish
2% FW Caramel
3% TFA Orange Cream

Changes a lot over several weeks of steeping, but every change is welcomed and pleasant.

Favorite so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm gonna have to revisit the Turkish. Perhaps, since my tastebuds have grown to love more of a straight tobacco flavor in my vape, the Turkish will appeal to me a bit more than it used to; it's probably been six months since last I mix with it! I do remember it being quite the bold flavor.

Reactions: JD1

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I'm gonna have to revisit the Turkish. Perhaps, since my tastebuds have grown to love more of a straight tobacco flavor in my vape, the Turkish will appeal to me a bit more than it used to; it's probably been six months since last I mix with it! I do remember it being quite the bold flavor.
It's definitely bold. I don't really care for it by itself, but mix in a little orange of any brand and BAM, awesome sauce. I'm probably going to drop the FW caramel and go with a different cream for my next batch. probably will go with TFA Custard.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
From the description of this tobacco by you guys, it has just been put on my "shopping list". I've never tried an RY6, but it sounds good to me!

Yeah, I was n't interested in trying it for ages 'cos I thought that the 'RYs' got sweeter, the higher the number....then read that this did n't apply with RY6!

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Yeah, I was n't interested in trying it for ages 'cos I thought that the 'RYs' got sweeter, the higher the number....then read that this did n't apply with RY6!

Yes I'd read that somewhere too. Maybe that's why they've changed the name to Golden Tobacco..

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The Captain Jack/Cappuccino mix is tasting pretty dang good today. I like what the coffee does mixed with the strong tobacco flavor. And the Vanilla Swirl kinda wraps it in a sweet, creamy texture that smooths out the TH a lil bit. It still needs a tweak, but it's pretty good. I think it's the vanilla that needs tweaking. Maybe a lil less cappuccino too. It's just 4 days old though and hard to tell which way it's going to go. I haven't used the cappuccino much, so not much experience with how it steeps.

70% VG 3 mg
2.5% IW Captain Jack
2.5% TFA Cappuccino
5% TFA Vanilla Swirl

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
The Captain Jack/Cappuccino mix is tasting pretty dang good today. I like what the coffee does mixed with the strong tobacco flavor. And the Vanilla Swirl kinda wraps it in a sweet, creamy texture that smooths out the TH a lil bit. It still needs a tweak, but it's pretty good. I think it's the vanilla that needs tweaking. Maybe a lil less cappuccino too. It's just 4 days old though and hard to tell which way it's going to go. I haven't used the cappuccino much, so not much experience with how it steeps.

70% VG 3 mg
2.5% IW Captain Jack
2.5% TFA Cappuccino
5% TFA Vanilla Swirl

I'd almost be tempted to throw a bit of spice of some sort at that one. Looks really tasty tho!

-Kingboomer

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
OK, so I saw this while dinking around the other day: Chris' Blend. Now I've never tried this (yet), but I'm thinking with what I have I MAY be able to emulate it. Here's what I'm thinking:

Black and Funky
2% Dark Chocolate tobacco INW
1.5% Turkish tobacco INW
1% T.A. Virginia INW
.5% 3-fives INW
.25% Old Havana INW

I could be waaaaay off in my guestimates, so please feel free to criticize/offer other suggestions. Keep in mind These are the bulk of the flavorings I have available to me, the others being Inawera tobacco INW and black cherry tobacco INW.

-Kingboomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread