Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Mixing while dead beat tired can result in some interesting combos. I almost screamed bloody murder when I accidentally put TFA Peanut Butter in my Arabic mix! :-x

Alls I can say is OMG...Arabic 3% Peanut Butter 2% and Vanilla Bourbon .5%

I get smoldering roasted peanuts! It's yum :wub:

That may have been a blunder but a a good blunder in any case. Peanut butter in my opinion goes good with any tobacco. Next time try a chocolate it's a big flavor in my tobacco mixing.

Reactions: MsLoud

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
I got some INW DNB because I had heard such good things about it and so far I like it a lot.

But I can't seem to find any info on what percentage I should use. I made a mix with 3%, and it also had some INW VA TA...I like the flavor but it's too strong.

I am finding that in my noobie quest to make a great tobacco liquid, I am overdoing it with the flavors in general. I suppose that's normal at the beginning...more flavoring means better flavor, right? Wrong.

So this is quite a process.

So...if I wanted to make a smokey, semi sweet vape with moderate TH at say 8 - 10 mg, what percentages would be good?

I'm thinking split 3-4% between the DNB and some other concentrate but I'm just not sure.

And speaking of TH, does anyone else experience diminishing TH after vaping for a while? It seem that I can dial in the feel right where I want it, but then after a while it loses TH and becomes too smooth. The TH comes back if I take a break for a while...even 5-10 minutes. Any ideas why this happens? Any solutions?

I am sub ohming at .5 and about 24-28 watts depending on where the TH is at.

Lots of jumbled thoughts. I really want to learn to make good liquid. It seems quite daunting to me as a noob...but I'm determined!

Thanks.

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
I got some INW DNB because I had heard such good things about it and so far I like it a lot.

But I can't seem to find any info on what percentage I should use. I made a mix with 3%, and it also had some INW VA TA...I like the flavor but it's too strong.

I am finding that in my noobie quest to make a great tobacco liquid, I am overdoing it with the flavors in general. I suppose that's normal at the beginning...more flavoring means better flavor, right? Wrong.

So...if I wanted to make a smokey, semi sweet vape with moderate TH at say 8 - 10 mg, what percentages would be good?

I'm thinking split 3-4% between the DNB and some other concentrate but I'm just not sure.

And speaking of TH, does anyone else experience diminishing TH after vaping for a while? It seem that I can dial in the feel right where I want it, but then after a while it loses TH and becomes too smooth. The TH comes back if I take a break for a while...even 5-10 minutes. Any ideas why this happens? Any solutions?

Lots of jumbled thoughts. I really want to learn to make good liquid. It seems quite daunting to me as a noob...but I'm determined!

Thanks.

DNB works better if it used as an flavor add on.

I usually mix it in .5 to 1% range i.e., about a drop or two in 5 ml

Anything more than that you might feel like you are getting a dry vape
without any flavor, as DNB overpowers them.

As per diminishing TH.

Try a different side of the mouth
i.e., if you vape on the left side,
try the next couple of vapes on the right or
middle of the mouth.

With the flavors you mentioned, try the reverse for a sweeter vape

Mix INW VA TA @ 3-4% and DNB @ 1%

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

Thanks.

For me, diminishing throat hit is a function of just quickly getting used to the nicotine. Initially nicotine is picante but that effect "wears off" after several minutes vaping. Stop vaping for an hour or so and return, the picante feeling is back.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
You all know (or most of you do) that I am a super taster. I bought a wee 2ml bottle of the Rustica Tobacco Absolute and diluted it down in 1oz PGA (Clear Spring 190 proof alcohol) and 1oz PG. Which at my best guess is 3.5% dilution, if I am wrong please feel free to correct me. Of that I used 2% in a 3ml tester and I really am pleased - to me it is a mild sweetish tobacco and I do not feel the need to mix it with anything else. :p Through trial and lots of error I have found that for me the simplest mixes work best for my taste buds. YMMV:vapor:

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
does anyone know of a tobacco concentrate (extract) that tastes like turkish blend? Now let's talk about turkish blend Hangsen vs dekang taste. The hangsen tastes and smells like sawdust (if you smell recently cut wood) you will know what I mean. I am looking for the Dekang Turkish Blend or other tobacco flavor, which is very bold but does not taste of sawdust.
Any other extracts or concentrates you may know of (excluding flavor art Italy)?

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
does anyone know of a tobacco concentrate (extract) that tastes like turkish blend? Now let's talk about turkish blend Hangsen vs dekang taste. The hangsen tastes and smells like sawdust (if you smell recently cut wood) you will know what I mean. I am looking for the Dekang Turkish Blend or other tobacco flavor, which is very bold but does not taste of sawdust.
Any other extracts or concentrates you may know of (excluding flavor art Italy)?

INW Turkish tobacco has a nice Turkish twang to it. Not terribly strong, to my taste buds anyway, but I likes it!

-Kingboomer

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
does anyone know of a tobacco concentrate (extract) that tastes like turkish blend? Now let's talk about turkish blend Hangsen vs dekang taste. The hangsen tastes and smells like sawdust (if you smell recently cut wood) you will know what I mean. I am looking for the Dekang Turkish Blend or other tobacco flavor,
which is very bold but does not taste of sawdust.

when you say ‘bold turkish’ this immediately comes to my mind
- Ankara Tobacco

dark, heavy, I always wonder if I like it (or not)

jus throwing it out there...
:blink:

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014

Not sure about Turking blend by the both you mentioned,
they do seem like dry vapes.

If you are looking for a another tobacco flavor, Have you tried INW Dessert Voyager ?
Its not as sweet as reviewed here but you do get the essence of its flavor
Inawera flavors

Reactions: JD1

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the thread.

First your on track to make your vaping easier and more enjoyable. Proper flavoring levels reduces work load caused by excess gunking.

If you look at a flavor look at how much it takes standalone and add the percentage of that to make it the % part of the final juice. If it takes 5% for the flavoring alone, and you want it to be 50% of the juice use 2.5%. This is the way I do it for efficiency and ease on the vaper. Also reduces vape tounge and the likes which are caused mostly by over flavoring followed by dry mouth... I've promoted reasonable flavoring for quite some time.

As far as you losing th, that is probably because your saturation is best after it sits a while. More saturated is more th. The cure for me, and many is Rayon Wick.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I always have to have a "menthol cigarette" flavor on tap in a mod as I smoked those for almost 30 years. :smokie: Always experimenting with flavor combos, I came up with a great one. This is quite ashy, lots of dry tobacco taste and not much else, as I remember cigs to be. Lately, I have been using drops versus syringes, as it is easier and quicker IMO.

25 ml batch: {I like to have room to shake the juice in a 30ml bottle}
Inawera e-aromat Flue Cured 60 drops
Inawera Tobacco Absolute Virginia 12 drops
Inawera Dirty Neutral Base 15 drops
TFA PG Menthol 22 drops
Base of your choice 23ml {I use 75VG/25PG/8mg for this}

-I just had to share the recipe, as I am really diggin' this! :thumb:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I build all my tobaccos and TA's as standalones. I build my Hangsen tobacs at 6% and the TA's at 5% but the SC Cohiba I have at 3%. I make 100ml batches of all of them then blend together at ratios of like 60% highway and 40% Virginia TA and maybe 2% acetyl pyrazine to bready it up a bit. I make 50mls of a blend at a time, let sit a while then vape till the 50 is gone and have enough backstock of blends to let a new idea sit for a week or two. My flavors and ratios are always changing, I can't vape the same thing day after day
You can use the ejuicemeup calc to figure out the percentage ratios by changing the flavoring line to your standalones name and VG/PG ratio along with zeroing out mg of the Nic Strength and Target Strength. It works good for me since I use weight to measure and just scale it out then mix
I will say that a magnetic mixer does the trick for cutting steep time down. A lot of my Hangsen tobacs don't darken much after the color is set at the initial mixing.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I make 100ml batches of all of them then blend together

I've been leaning more towards doing this myself with the tobaccos I want on a daily basis. You can always throw a couple of additions into the tobacco base mix you've created and be closer to vaping the end product without a great deal of steep time.

.....and yes! .....big thumbs up for mixing by weight and using a scale. The dark clouds parted and my mixing life was so much easier once I started using a scale; no more counting drops; all my syringes and pipettes went into the recycling bin.....freedom!

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
What scale do you guys use? I cant have anything very large (live in an RV) so something small I can tuck away when not using.

There are lots available which are very small. I have used one like this below for a very long time; didn't cost much either; uses AA batteries. The only thing I will do differently the next time I purchase a new scale, is get one that is a 300g X 0.01g. The one I have now is a 500g X 0.01g; it has a tough time measuring 0.01g to 0.05g sometimes; there are some flavorings which I want no more than 0.03g in the mix. This is when I just have to assume 2 to 4 drops will be sufficient for the mix.

The size is roughly 6 inches X 6 inches.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P5...ital+scale&dpPl=1&dpID=41hRxEXWyrL&ref=plSrch

Reactions: MsLoud

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
I always have to have a "menthol cigarette" flavor on tap in a mod as I smoked those for almost 30 years. :smokie: Always experimenting with flavor combos, I came up with a great one. This is quite ashy, lots of dry tobacco taste and not much else, as I remember cigs to be. Lately, I have been using drops versus syringes, as it is easier and quicker IMO.

25 ml batch: {I like to have room to shake the juice in a 30ml bottle}
Inawera e-aromat Flue Cured 60 drops
Inawera Tobacco Absolute Virginia 12 drops
Inawera Dirty Neutral Base 15 drops
TFA PG Menthol 22 drops
Base of your choice 23ml {I use 75VG/25PG/8mg for this}

-I just had to share the recipe, as I am really diggin' this! :thumb:

Man, you just gave me some ideas for a camel blend...

-Kingboomer

Reactions: JohnnyDill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread