Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Did you use 10% flavoring on that 20 ml Real Cig? Recommended dosage is 2.5% and that seems pretty strong to me.

The base sample was %10 which is what I normally do with tobacco flavoring, and the 20 ml sample was an exact copy of the 5 ml sample. %10 Real Cig, 4 drops TA Virginia, 4 drops DNB.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
I take it the Black Cavendish / Blackberry is a premixed flavor like the Cherry for Pipe? I normally like to add flavors myself, like adding a cherry flavor to a tobacco flavor, because I can control the strength of each flavor in the mix. However, I didn't care much for the couple of blackberry flavors I've tried. Where do you get the Avoria flavors?

NO ... Black Cavendish is a single aroma and the Blackberry too ... I usually like to play with the percentages in the mix too ... and you are right ... i didn't care about blackberry either before I tried the one from avoria (was "great" as a single aroma but turned out to be AWESOME in combination with the black cavendish) - I buy them directly at AVORIA ... Avoria-Liquids Online Shop

Reactions: JD1

VAPIN8

Apr 17, 2013
Texas
Just got some Nova flavorings today

prime
torque
tribeca

these are susposed to be spot on halo clones. Will mix them this week end and report back

Also got some buba which is as you guessed a buba's bounty clone

DIY - e juice, e liquid flavor concentrate and VPG/VG bases

I ended up getting the Torque and Boba's. I think the Nova Torque is pretty good, pretty close to Halo Torque. The Boba's taste kind of like Inaweras gold ducat with cinnamon, not close to the real deal. But not bad.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Looking forward to your reviews, especially the buba's. If it's anywheres near close I'm going to order some just to see what the fuss is about. :vapor:

I'm afraid I may not be much help on the buba as I've not actually tried it before but I will provide my thoughts on it. I was more interested in the halo's clones which i am fimilure with.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm afraid I may not be much help on the buba as I've not actually tried it before but I will provide my thoughts on it. I was more interested in the halo's clones which i am fimilure with.

That's fine. I've never tried any of them but I did try one of your halo clone recipes and liked it really well. I'm intrigued by the bubas because of all the fuss about it over in the clone thread.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
NO ... Black Cavendish is a single aroma and the Blackberry too ... I usually like to play with the percentages in the mix too ... and you are right ... i didn't care about blackberry either before I tried the one from avoria (was "great" as a single aroma but turned out to be AWESOME in combination with the black cavendish) - I buy them directly at AVORIA ... Avoria-Liquids Online Shop
Good to know, but prices seem a little steep to me. Great to have choices for those that can afford it though.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Good to know, but prices seem a little steep to me. Great to have choices for those that can afford it though.

Look at it this way. If there dead on to halo which would you rather do pay halo $20.00 a 30ml bottle for there's or $8.99 for 100ml's of Nova. For a vape that's nearly impossible to clone this is really a no brainer.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Mixed up some Nova prime, torque and tribeca all at 10%. In the UC now will report back in about 5 hours. Side note I got a little tribeca on my fingers and the wife says I smell like pancake syrup:) The odors seem pretty authentic. Color before steeping is pretty dead on. I know this because Halo manufacturing and distribution is in the same town I work in and I have gotten there product day 1 fresh and needed to steep it. And as another side note they don't offer a discount for walk in purchase. There not even that happy about walkin's

I did not taste before steeping as I already know what it taste like unsteeped. I want to evaluate the steeped product as I have some original fully steeped halo to compare it to.

Will likely do the buba's tomorrow.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have any of you tobacco lovers ever tried Apollo's Sahara and if so have you tried to clone it. It is the only premade juice I buy since it is the ONLY thing my hubby will vape. I buy 30mls @ 18mg. Pour that in a 60ml bottle and add 30mls of 14mg unflavored to bring it down to 16mg. The flavor is to strong for him at full strength.

Sahara:
An e-liquid flavor in the essence of Turkish tobacco. Sahara is a strong, rich tobacco blend that is both hearty and sweet. It is a full bodied e-liquid flavor that has a slight hint of wood finish

I tried TFA's turkish flavoring. It smells like the Sahara but according to hubby it doesn't taste like it.

Any help at all would be soooooo appreciated.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I tried TFA's turkish flavoring. It smells like the Sahara but according to hubby it doesn't taste like it.

Any help at all would be soooooo appreciated.

Have you tried Hangesn's Turkish? Don't know about Apolo's Sahara, but the Sahara from V2Cigs is exactly the same as HS. Many of these liquid makers use the same flavors.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you tried Hangesn's Turkish? Don't know about Apolo's Sahara, but the Sahara from V2Cigs is exactly the same as HS. Many of these liquid makers use the same flavors.

No I haven't but it is on my list of flavors to try. I was just hoping someone had actually found the recipe for this one :D

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
As promised I'm back to report on the Nova halo clone flavorings.

All mixed at 10% flavoring in a 12mg 80VG 20PG base. 3 hour steep in UC

Note: they all could use more steep time.

Tribeca,

Rating 80% (But I could be biased on this one)

I would give it a rating of 80% as far as authenticity. The thing is I must be spoiled because I make american cigarette mixes that I prefer over this. It's passable as a halo clone but not by much..... Can take it or leave it. As I make better I wouldn't buy it again

Prime

rating 100%

Dead ringer for the halo counter part. Has that nutty goodness with that mossy note that is so hard to duplicate. They got this one right...... I highly recommend it. I would buy it again

Torque

rating 92% (8 points off for that slight perfumy note)

Very close but noticed a perfume top note. This has all the elements of the original torque.
ry4 type sweetness without being over the top
fruity, mossy note which is hard to duplicate
Chocolate top note
The after taste it leaves is a dead ringer for the original counter part. I think with more steeping it will loose that perfumey top note and it will be as exact as anything I've tasted..... I highly recommend it. I would buy this again.

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Today was a Inawera Classic CLM day. I mixed it at %10 which other reviews of it suggested the same thing. Added 1 drop DNB to the 5 ml sample and 1 drop TA Virginia. It actually was like a light RY4. I enjoyed it so much that I went thru the 5ml sample today and mixed up a 10 ml sample but this time instead of TA Virginia, I used Mothers Milk TA.
Now for the DNB. There is no doubt what it brings to a tobacco blend. A real underlying feeling to the mixture that makes it akin to smoking without the nastiness of Type M or Western. I would not recommend it for every tobacco blend but if your going for a cig feeling with your mixture then DNB would be a must in my opinion.

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA

they are for sure not the cheapest on the market but I think they are in the upper range in quality and I like them anyway - subjectively :) plus they offer 2ml samples ... which makes it easier to decide and is better for your wallet :)

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Today was a Inawera Classic CLM day. I mixed it at %10 which other reviews of it suggested the same thing. Added 1 drop DNB to the 5 ml sample and 1 drop TA Virginia. It actually was like a light RY4. I enjoyed it so much that I went thru the 5ml sample today and mixed up a 10 ml sample but this time instead of TA Virginia, I used Mothers Milk TA.
Now for the DNB. There is no doubt what it brings to a tobacco blend. A real underlying feeling to the mixture that makes it akin to smoking without the nastiness of Type M or Western. I would not recommend it for every tobacco blend but if your going for a cig feeling with your mixture then DNB would be a must in my opinion.

Which TA did you like better? ( was the TA Virginia Inawera?) I have used Inawera's TA. Virginina is probably my least favorite. I just never seem to get much out of it for myself compared to the others. 1 drop on 5 is pretty conservative. I usually go with at least 1 drop per ml.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Which TA did you like better? ( was the TA Virginia Inawera?) I have used Inawera's TA. Virginia is probably my least favorite. I just never seem to get much out of it for myself compared to the others. 1 drop on 5 is pretty conservative. I usually go with at least 1 drop per ml.

I have tried Rustica TA and I dont get anything from it but it might be because of the way I mixed it. I re-ordered it and am gonna try it again. The Inawera TA Virginia is my favorite so far. To me it gives a depth and boldness to the Tobacco mixture. Inawera TA Garuda is an excellent TA for flue cures and grassy tobacco blends. The Mothers Milk TA I just received and it mixed up fine with just straight PG and I have it in a couple mixtures but havent tasted them yet.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
The flavor up for review today is Wenston that came from Bull City but had a Vapor Tek label on the bottle. Mixture was once again %10. This is just like a flue cured or grassy/hay flavored tobacco. Its not a bad flavor but one that I wouldnt consider for an all day vape. A TA Garuda would really enhance this vape for those who prefer this flavor. I was hoping for a rich flavor like Winstons but was sadly let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread