Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - I received this e-Mail from a Retailer that I have purchased from...

V-Regs_1.jpg
V-Regs_2.jpg
V-Regs_3.jpg

This is the Kinda of Involvement EVERY OEM/Supplier/Retailer should be Doing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
A question from a non-US:
does this Senator/Committee has the power to stop the FDA regulation, or only to ask question?
Sen. Ron Johnson DEMANDS Answers From The FDA Regarding E-Cig Regulations

From what I Understand:

In and of itself, the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee does not have the Specific Power to stop a Regulation that the FDA has issued.

What it can do is do Investigations and Conduct Hearing as to whether or not the FDA has Overstep its Regulatory Authority given to it via a Law passed by Congress.

If the Committee finds that the FDA has Overstepped its Regulatory Authority, Congress can Act against the FDA by passing a Law to Overrule the FDA's Decision, Restrict the FDA Jurisdiction over something, or can Threaten/Force the FDA to change a Decision by Restricting the FDA's Funding thru Appropriation.

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
From what I Understand:

In and of itself, the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee does not have the Specific Power to stop a Regulation that the FDA has issued.

What it can do is do Investigations and Conduct Hearing as to whether or not the FDA has Overstep its Regulatory Authority given to it via a Law passed by Congress.

If the Committee finds that the FDA has Overstepped its Regulatory Authority, Congress can Act against the FDA by passing a Law to Overrule the FDA's Decision, Restrict the FDA Jurisdiction over something, or can Threaten/Force the FDA to change a Decision by Restricting the FDA's Funding thru Appropriation.

Thanks zoiDmen!
So he doesn't seem to be completely powerless. I don't know how many US-polititions are pro-vaping. Maybe not a bad idea to support him? Or listen to him. According to his twitter page he will give an interview this evening. Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) | Twitter

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks zoiDmen!
So he doesn't seem to be completely powerless. I don't know how many US-polititions are pro-vaping. Maybe not a bad idea to support him? Or listen to him. According to his twitter page he will give an interview this evening. Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) | Twitter

This Oversight Committee is Very Powerful. And is meant to be the "Check and Balance" so a Government Agency can Not Overstep their Authority.

Being able to Subpoena Records, Data, Internal Report, and even Government Officials/Employees is something that can Strike Fear into any Agency.

Governmental Agencies like to work in the Shadows. And keep their Internal Dealings out of the Public View. An Oversight Committee can Force and Agency to bring out things into the Public Light.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
Thx for the explanation!
And BTW - Thank you for Posting that upcoming Interview with Senator Ron Johnson
Maybe it's possible to make this interview more public? I will try to hear the interview, but I fear my English is to bad to understand it.

I think it's important to stop these FDA-regulation! For many politicians and "health-experts" outside US the FDA is the authority. "But the FDA says..." is a killer argument, even in europe.
Many other countries simple copy/paste the FDA rules. No discussion, no thinking necessary, because it's from the FDA.
So you not only fight for the US-vapers, you fight for the vapers in many other countries, too!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thx for the explanation!

Maybe it's possible to make this interview more public? I will try to hear the interview, but I fear my English is to bad to understand it.

I think it's important to stop these FDA-regulation! For many politicians and "health-experts" outside US the FDA is the authority. "But the FDA says..." is a killer argument, even in europe.
Many other countries simple copy/paste the FDA rules. No discussion, no thinking necessary, because it's from the FDA.
So you not only fight for the US-vapers, you fight for the vapers in many other countries, too!

I posted the Interview link in the Big Deeming Thread. And will also Post it to some of the Other FDA Threads I subscribe to.

I'm not on any Social Media Sites. But those on something like Facebook might post a link to it to Help Spread the word.

---

Yeas... The FDA is Out of Control here in the USA. And Unfortunately, what happens Here can effect what happens in Other Countries. Were All Kinda in this Together.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks zoiDmen!

OK... Looks like this Interview with Senator Ron Johnson was done Last Night.

But here is a Link to the Re-Broadcast of thanks to Stubby.

Stream Vicki McKenna HR 3 Friday Free | 1310 WIBA

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
If the FDA Regulations don't get changed this is what we'll be doomed to most likely!
This Is What the Future of Vaping Looks Like

I just hope that they can get the FDA under control, because this would allow them to control so much more in the future, on any products. The more control they get, the more our freedoms are taken away. And these regulations for sure are already in contention for violating some of our freedoms, it's sickening!
And don't let the FDA fool you by them saying it's all in the name of safety! It's all about the money!!
They already have big tobacco, and big Pharma, and I'm sure others too, in their wallets. They want there losses back and in on the vaping world money! And there's no better way to do it then through the FDA.

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
If a German can support you, please send me a note!
Isn't it astonishing? A small devices join people worldwide together to fight against government and regulation!
Like Arlo Guthrie –(modified Alice's Restaurant) said:
You know, if one person, just one person, is vaping, they may think he's really sick and they won't take him.
And if two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people vaping? They may think it's an Organization!
And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day . . .vaping? Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE WORLDWIDE VAPING MOVEMENT!
And I am proud to be a part of it!! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread