FDA and e-cigarettes: Your action needed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WALLe

Dec 11, 2012
Bangalore - India
I'm a Canadian Citizen, living in Canada does my input count?

No one answered this question because I too was waiting for the answer.

My guess was you ought to be a citizen of the US to say something - Still we all citizens of the same world and i did check all the sections of regulations.gov and i could not find anything regarding this (may be my blind spot was over it ;)

Also believe speaking up and always remember that famous statement ..First they came for the communists, ... Then they came for...etc. etc...Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me.

So I went ahead - (even though i knew they trace where the comments come from, cookies, analytics, et al)

First off i did not get the form Next got the form but could not fill in any individual data-field 1. was blank! not sure if it was the cookies or geographical region or just a bad form.

Anyways i could access the comments box and gave it a shot cos it was worth it. Knew that there was a strong possibility that it will not let me submit it.
And that's what it did - So for all my effort want to at least share what i wrote with all of you

Here goes

I have been smoking for over 6 years and tried to give up many times with nicotine gum and it never worked - Once i started using the e cigarette i quit completely and actually entered the new year without having to make a resolution.

I am healthier and have more energy,skin feels good and above all don't smell and i don not violate the rights of others by giving out second hand smoke
I want the FDA to be rational and comprehensive in what it does so that it does not Inadvertently violate the rights of an Individual.

Also since the FDA has a lot of well earned standing any irresponsible regulation not based on facts or on partial facts or partial un-truths which will not only go into framing regulations that affect citizens in the US but also citizens globally, because many countries use and look up to what the FDA has done and cite the FDA when they make rules.

Also consider emerging research on what nicotine can do for several disorders including OCD - and please spend money on your research of e cigarettes

All discussions need to be balanced and not one sided - It is also sad that because of the NDA's with the tobacco companies the FDA cannot disclose what substances and how much of it goes int each cigarette (its propriety to the company but does also involve my health)

Please release data which can show us objectively the relative dangers (and illnesses) that cigarettes cause and compare them to other forms of nicotine so that we know what you propose to do is really legitimate.
concerns for health are good and should be addressed in letter and in spirit
Please do not take into account any political or corporate interests when enacting any of your regulations although at times you may be forced to do - we believe that good can be only done by looking at things objectively from all perspectives

Please do not propose any regulation that will make using e cigarettes difficult as it will drastically affect me
with best regards

WV_Mountaineer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Almost Heaven
well morning has almost broken and I think we broke it

Submit a Comment
Document does not exist

The document you requested does not exist on Regulations.gov. The Web address may be incorrect, or the document may have been withdrawn.

For further assistance, please Contact Us.

I'm getting the same messages after many attempts...what gives :confused:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Multiple tries, continuing to get the Does Not Exist message.

Finally got the Comment page, but whenever it does open (I still get the Does Not Exist often), attachments aren't uploading -- I keep getting a popup in the background saying an error has occurred, window freezes, have to close the tab.

Darned FDA really doesn't want comments -- our Govt working for us :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread