FDA FDA bans 7 Star Ariva and Stonewall dissolvable tobacco lozenges (that are very similar to NRT lozenges)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have PRIME!

Dang. Just looked at Amazon and that's no deal unless you got in on a special. I'm eyeing some on ebay but that's about it from what I can tell in the first few pages on Google. My issue with snus is I don't like it in my mouth that long and it's s-l-i-m-e-y. Gets ucky and icky-poo (BUT better than nothing). This sounds like a nice compromise.

End of the month - labor day sales - oh man, what bill isn't going to get paid now?

Didn't look around much and not looking for a deal - those should last me for the rest of my flights :) I only do about a half of one per flight.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I really wish we'd file suit against the FDA - even suspecting we wouldn't win, with the intent instead to create headlines and go on the offensive to show the insanity, the suspicious connections and the bribery.

I mean are they really going to outlaw PEARS?

5cdca450bcdd9529f5a08cc4b88f19a3.jpg

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
dragonpuff inquired:

Now, if they are blocked for not being SE, does that mean the deeming regs are already being imposed? Or are these products banned only if the regulations become final rule?

The only reason why Star filed SE reports for the 7 Ariva and Stonewall dissolvables was because they all fit the legal definition of "smokeless tobacco", and because Chapter IX of the FSPTCA currently applies to all cigarettes, RYO and smokeless tobacco products.

The only other dissolvable tobacco products that were marketed (i.e. test marketed) in the US market were Reynolds' Orbs, Strips and Stix.
But after conducting several test markets for those products, Reynolds chose to not market them (likely due to low sales and low consumer interest in their test markets).

Interestingly, Reynolds executives told me (several years back) that they were filing SE reports for Orbs, Strips and Stix, and were citing Star's dissolvables as the predicate products (since Star's dissolvables were on the market in 2007, while Reynolds only began test marketing Orbs, Strips and Stix in 2008).

I don't know what ever became of Reynolds SE reports for Orbs, Strips and Stix, but Reynolds could still legally market them unless/until FDA issues a NSE order for them.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I have PRIME!

Dang. Just looked at Amazon and that's no deal unless you got in on a special. I'm eyeing some on ebay but that's about it from what I can tell in the first few pages on Google. My issue with snus is I don't like it in my mouth that long and it's s-l-i-m-e-y. Gets ucky and icky-poo (BUT better than nothing). This sounds like a nice compromise.

End of the month - labor day sales - oh man, what bill isn't going to get paid now?

These were always going to be my fallback for work in case they ban the use of cigs there. Thank you for mentioning e-bay! Just loaded up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread