Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Can/should we stockpile 18650 batteries?
18650s are just about the only thing I don't have a lifetime supply of. I don't think it makes sense to stockpile them because they degrade with age even if they're not used, and the technology keeps getting better. I also believe there will be ways to get them...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
:mad:

Can/should we stockpile 18650 batteries?
I've stockpiled some AW 18350's 18490's, I figured on five years, I could undoubtedly go five years without a single purchase, vaping as I please unabated by any regulations. This includes batteries, which, considering that this will take me to almost two times as long as I've been vaping to date, I feel more than comfortable, heck, maybe in five years I'll tire of vaping and just toss in the towel on the whole thing...I'm not smoking, and never will again, so a victory regardless of how things play out in the end, for me at least...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I've stockpiled some AW 18350's 18490's, I figured on five years, I could undoubtedly go five years without a single purchase, vaping as I please unabated by any regulations. This includes batteries, which, considering that this will take me to almost two times as long as I've been vaping to date, I feel more than comfortable, heck, maybe in five years I'll tire of vaping and just toss in the towel on the whole thing...I'm not smoking, and never will again, so a victory regardless of how things play out in the end, for me at least...
Based on the fact that I'm still using some of the first 18650s I got back in April of 2014, I'm probably good to go for something on the order of 5 years as well.

I also have some cordless tools with that only see occasional use. The original Li-Ion battery packs in some of them are now 5-6 years old and they are still serviceable.

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Based on the fact that I'm still using some of the first 18650s I got back in April of 2014, I'm probably good to go for something on the order of 5 years as well.

I also have some cordless tools with that only see occasional use. The original Li-Ion battery packs in some of them are now 5-6 years old and they are still serviceable.
I was going by how some of my lipo batteries from RC have held up in storage. All of the cells that I have in storage were checked upon arrival for resting voltage. I go through them occasionally and give them a quick check with the multi meter, if some start to drop off I can use one of my smart chargers to restore them to a "storage charge" cycle of 3.7 - 3.8 volts.

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread