FDA FDA Deeming Proposal effect on Tobacco Extraction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am posting this in several forums, and will probably be wrong at least once. But I am just someone who enjoys extracting my own tobacco Flavors, and have several questions.
What effect, if any, do the FDA Deeming Regulations have on the purchase of Pipe Tobaccos ?
What effect, if any, do the FDA Deeming Regulations have on the purchase of Bulk Tobaccos ?
What effect, if any, do the FDA Deeming Regulations have on the purchase of Cigars ?
I am not a Lawyer, a Politician, or any other kind of Professional Thief. I am just an old truck driver who would like a little clarification on the effect of the FDA Intrusions might have on buying tobacco products for extraction.
Any assistance would be truly appreciated, thanks. PapawBrett

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
None whatsoever.

However, typically when you extract your own juice you do so for the flavour and the nicotine content is miserable. So one adds nicotine liquid to the extract.

That is where they have you by the goolies, because if that becomes hard to obtain, then you'll have great flavoured, low-nic juice.

T

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I am posting this in several forums, and will probably be wrong at least once. But I am just someone who enjoys extracting my own Tobacco Flavors, and have several questions.
What effect, if any, do the FDA Deeming Regulations have on the purchase of Pipe Tobaccos ?
What effect, if any, do the FDA Deeming Regulations have on the purchase of Bulk Tobaccos ?
What effect, if any, do the FDA Deeming Regulations have on the purchase of Cigars ?
I am not a Lawyer, a Politician, or any other kind of Professional Thief. I am just an old truck driver who would like a little clarification on the effect of the FDA Intrusions might have on buying tobacco products for extraction.
Any assistance would be truly appreciated, thanks. PapawBrett

Bulk tobacco is already under FDA regulation and has been since 2009 so it will have no effect on that.

Pipe tobacco and cigars are falling under the same deeming regulation as vaping. The big difference is both have been around a long time so there will be products available that where around before February 2007 (the grandfather date of the deeming). It is doubtful if any new products will come out, and any new products that where introduced after February 2007 will likely no longer be available in a few years, though there is a possibility of a SE application.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
None whatsoever.
However, typically when you extract your own juice you do so for the flavour and the nicotine content is miserable. So one adds nicotine liquid to the extract.
That is where they have you by the goolies, because if that becomes hard to obtain, then you'll have great flavoured, low-nic juice.
T

Yea, I already add liq-nic. And I have about 4 liters in Mamaw's freezer (which she doesn't complain too much about).

Bulk tobacco is already under FDA regulation and has been since 2009 so it will have no effect on that.
Pipe tobacco and cigars are falling under the same deeming regulation as vaping. The big difference is both have been around a long time so there will be products available that where around before February 2007 (the grandfather date of the deeming). It is doubtful if any new products will come out, and any new products that where introduced after February 2007 will likely no longer be available in a few years, though there is a possibility of a SE application.

That's what worries me. Some of my favorite blends becoming obsolete. But hopefully I will have at least a liter or more of my favorites, and maybe there are still a few "old tyme" tobaccos I just haven't tried yet (very likely).

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread