Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I also get so tired of people saying that there are not enough studies done. One of my loved ones tell me that they worry about what the vapor is doing to my lungs. I tell them as I will tell anyone, I never cough stuff up like I did when I smoked cigarettes, my lungs never hurt, I do not even have to inhale to get the nicotine, my breathing is not irregular anymore, I do not take chest pains, my teeth are not sensitive anymore, my voice does not get hoarse, and I have not had a migraine since I quit smoking (I used to get migraines every other day when I smoked)!
The only reason why the government and other big companies want to regulate vaping is because they want the money! So it is okay to sale cigarettes that have the same ingredient as rat poisoning, chemicals that make a anti depressant, and they are known to kill millions of people a year? But ecigs are getting treated like they are something bad that needs studied? Bull crap!! They have had plenty enough time to study them! They want the money that the ecig industry is making so they can shove it in their pockets like they do with our taxes we pay! If they were truly wanting to help us and not change the prices and other positive qualities it would be different. It is sad to see them trying to take something so positive that great people started and wanting to take it and change it into their own....
Everyday young kids experiment with cigarettes? What do they do about that? If big tobacco or another big company started ecigs it would not matter if kids were experimenting with them. They do it with cigarettes and do they say "oh we gotta change the taste to stop luring these kids in?" No they do not!
vaping changed my life. I have met so many wonderful people through vaping. I am glad that I got to experience it during this time of it before the FDA stirs the pot.

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I made this the other day, just for fun... :D

Outlawed-done_X.jpg~original

(those really are mods that a vendor carries!!)​

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
I've followed the FDA situation since I've been on ECF. I try to stay informed and do what I can to help future vapers have the same choices at a reasonable cost that I've had. I started DIYing my eliquid because it seemed that Nicotine would be what the FDA went after. After reading what I can understand, it seems to me that batteries and equipment are what will be in danger. The vendors will have to submit the proper papers to get these things approved and the FDA may or may not approve them and my fear is that they won't or they'll be so behind that after the two year period, we won't have the same choices on equipment. I don't know how to mod but I guess I have 2 years to buy the supplies and learn. But what about the new vapers?

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I agree with your post completely wvducklady.

So far, my family and friends all support my vaping, but I did have one lady tell me that she heard e-gigs were dangerous, they explode and kill lots of people. :facepalm: I explained the truth about Lion batteries to her, and also mentioned the battery in her cellphone.

A couple of months ago, I was on a call in radio show on our local public radio station. The tobacco Free Maine people had to admit that it was good that I had quit smoking because of vaping, but they kept stressing that they were worried about me still being addicted to nicotine. They kept stressing on the show, that it was better to use the patches, gum, and prescription drugs, and get counseling to quit than to use the e-cigs. Apparently they don't think that patches and gum are nicotine, and the drugs dont have dangerous side effects??? Not to mention the Tobacco Free Maine, and the Maine Tobacco Help Line people would be out of a job if everyone quit smoking and started vaping. Then there is all the money from smoking that the states have made their economies dependent on, and the kick backs from the drug companies for promoting their products.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I've followed the FDA situation since I've been on ECF. I try to stay informed and do what I can to help future vapers have the same choices at a reasonable cost that I've had. I started DIYing my eliquid because it seemed that Nicotine would be what the FDA went after. After reading what I can understand, it seems to me that batteries and equipment are what will be in danger. The vendors will have to submit the proper papers to get these things approved and the FDA may or may not approve them and my fear is that they won't or they'll be so behind that after the two year period, we won't have the same choices on equipment. I don't know how to mod but I guess I have 2 years to buy the supplies and learn. But what about the new vapers?

Wouldn't it be ironic, if future vapers have to modify devices used for other things that the government wants to legalize, so they can vape nicotine?

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC

That same application process applies to e-liquid as well. Each flavor, in each strength, in each size will each count as a different product, requiring a separate application. 200 flavors x 6 nicotine strengths x 3 bottles sizes = 3600 applications. That's more than the FDA has been able to process in the last 5 years for tobacco products. And that's just for MadVapes; imagine hundreds, if not thousands, of other vendors submitting applications at the same time. There is no way the FDA can process these within 2 years without denying applications en masse. And the cost of each application will be $2 Million to $10 Million dollars, requiring laboratories, scientists and clinical trials. And even if small business could afford this process, there is no guarantee that the FDA will approve it. In fact, it's unlikely because it's not in their best interest. This will put everyone out of business, except for Big Tobacco. They have 2 flavors x 3 nicotine strengths = 6 applications. They don't have to worry about bottle size because everything is prefilled. Not to mention that they can prove substantial equivalency because their products are very much like the crappy e-cigs from before 2007. This is exactly what everyone was hoping would NOT happen. They don't have to ban flavors or advertising because there won't be any products to advertise and there won't be any liquid to use.

Just be patient and wait for a Call to Action. This is the biggest, and probably only, thing that absolutely NEEDS to get changed before the final rule is submitted.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
That same application process applies to e-liquid as well. Each flavor, in each strength, in each size will each count as a different product, requiring a separate application. 200 flavors x 6 nicotine strengths x 3 bottles sizes = 3600 applications. That's more than the FDA has been able to process in the last 5 years for tobacco products. And that's just for MadVapes; imagine hundreds, if not thousands, of other vendors submitting applications at the same time. There is no way the FDA can process these within 2 years without denying applications en masse. And the cost of each application will be $2 Million to $10 Million dollars, requiring laboratories, scientists and clinical trials. And even if small business could afford this process, there is no guarantee that the FDA will approve it. In fact, it's unlikely because it's not in their best interest. This will put everyone out of business, except for Big Tobacco. They have 2 flavors x 3 nicotine strengths = 6 applications. They don't have to worry about bottle size because everything is prefilled. Not to mention that they can prove substantial equivalency because their products are very much like the crappy e-cigs from before 2007. This is exactly what everyone was hoping would NOT happen. They don't have to ban flavors or advertising because there won't be any products to advertise and there won't be any liquid to use.

Just be patient and wait for a Call to Action. This is the biggest, and probably only, thing that absolutely NEEDS to get changed before the final rule is submitted.

It was interesting to hear first hand how this is going to affect the venders. Wow, each flavor, each strength, each size, all being separate, that really is designed to put all of the quality juice makers out of business.

I'm 61, so I still remember the days when we lived in a free country. Now I feel like I am living in the twighlight zone. I can't believe so many people are just blindly letting the government trample so many of our freedoms.

On another note, I successfully placed an order with you this morning. I don't know what was going on yesterday, first the system wouldn't accept my security code, then it wouldn't accept the kind of card, then, when I fianally thought it had gone through, it said the KFL was out of stock. I decided to try again today, and no problems at all. The order went through first time with no glitches, and I got a tracking number within two hours! There must have been a gremlin in the internet yesterday.

I can't wait to try my new KFL +, my Nemesis, and my Dragon Drip Tip! (The drip tip is brass and will look so nice on my brass Kraken)!

chawk

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Port Republic,MD,USA
I joined Casaa when I joined the forum, and I've also been following along. Reading various calls to action, learning, participating where I can. I am not a smoker. I am a vaper. I know alot about smoking. I smoked for DECADES. Vaping is NOT smoking. Is it 100% safe? What is?? WALKING isn't 100% safe!But the physical positive changes I have experienced.. wow... I can breathe, smell, taste. I walked uphill, UPHILL, without feeling sick. I just wish that vaping was looked at in a more positive light and not in such a negative. For now, I will keep reading, keep learning and respond when called to act!

cpi47

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Florida
I'm relatively young at 20 years old but I started smoking at 15 but thank goodness for youth because I was able to play football while having this terrible habit and even carried it a few months into college before I quit. I had to continue playing football and and vaping was the reason I managed to quit... I never thought much of it until I tried a friend's basic twist and I fell in love.
I think there's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding behind vaping. 7/10 people ask me if I'm using my vape to consume illegal substances... They're especially freaked out when I pull out a bottle of juice and start dripping.
The FDA is being fed by the mania surrounding e-cigs and vaporizers. Now for the FDA to stick their ugly nose in the business that essentially saved my life before it was seriously damaged is extremely irritating. I'm not very fond of the federal government to begin with and they can't stand not being able to control something and make money from it... I'm a member of CASAA and have done everything they have requested in response to FDA regulations. I intern for my local House representative and I brought this up to her and I hope she supports our cause. All these people who run small businesses will be the biggest victims of these regulations imo. If this is how one feeds their family it's just terrible to ruin someone's livelihood especially when it's legitimate and honest.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I'm relatively young at 20 years old but I started smoking at 15 but thank goodness for youth because I was able to play football while having this terrible habit and even carried it a few months into college before I quit. I had to continue playing football and and vaping was the reason I managed to quit... I never thought much of it until I tried a friend's basic twist and I fell in love.
I think there's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding behind vaping. 7/10 people ask me if I'm using my vape to consume illegal substances... They're especially freaked out when I pull out a bottle of juice and start dripping.
The FDA is being fed by the mania surrounding e-cigs and vaporizers. Now for the FDA to stick their ugly nose in the business that essentially saved my life before it was seriously damaged is extremely irritating. I'm not very fond of the federal government to begin with and they can't stand not being able to control something and make money from it... I'm a member of CASAA and have done everything they have requested in response to FDA regulations. I intern for my local House representative and I brought this up to her and I hope she supports our cause. All these people who run small businesses will be the biggest victims of these regulations imo. If this is how one feeds their family it's just terrible to ruin someone's livelihood especially when it's legitimate and honest.

You are so lucky that you found vaping and had the chance to quit smoking while you are so young! You're also very lucky that you don't live in one of the states where it is illegal for anyone under 21. If you lived in one of those states, the powers that be would have sentenced you to another year of smoking. Ironic, isn't it??? You might want to bring that up whenever you get the chance.

well i signed up i didn't know about this but it doesn't surprise me.
like most of you i agree that regulation prohibiting the sale to minors is ok .But the Federal Government cant do any thing
simple are cheep so im sure its going two be bad .
im for smaller Government its way two big now and getting bigger and will continue
unless we all change it at the poles. {if you don't vote you have no wright two complain }

thx for chance two win.

Erica1616

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Massachusetts
I'm a new vaper and am so thankful for it. I just joined cassaa a few days ago. Unfortunately, where I live its still fairly new. I have yet to see anyone in my town vaping. I'm still learning a lot. From what I've learned so far we all need to pay close attention to this as it will affect us all. I look forward to reading what everyone had to say about this. Ty for this great contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I was fortunate in that the day before the proposal was announced that there was a vendor that gave us a heads up and assured us that they would keep us informed and had our backs. It kept me from having a meltdown and I am not sure if they know how much just being prepared for all of this helped me.

The general public is quite misinformed on so many things when it comes to vaping and we need to take every opportunity to educate them. I live where there are really no vapers except the ones I have gotten into it and get some odd looks but take it as a chance to see if they want to talk about it. I do tend to vape in smoking areas or ask permission elsewhere as I feel it gives a better impression of vapers in general and the ashtray is a good place to talk about vaping to smokers.

It seems that no vaper is against keeping vaping supplies out of the hands of minors and honestly I am hoping that the proposals the FDA came out with are just one of those 'throw it at the wall and see what sticks' things and that logic will prevail in the end. For logic to prevail, we all have to be on the same page and do our part. Follow CASAA and give the time doing whatever they think is needed. Set a positive attitude in the minds of the general public, speak to legislators from local to federal by any and all means possible.

I believe this is money driven. There is just too much revenue to be had for everyone not to have their hand out wanting a piece of the pie and then you have the tobacco faction that may be declining and they have very well funded and powerful lobbyists on DC, the drug companies and healthcare industries have their concerns too about either what they stand to lose or what is in it for them and then the government itself says' there's a tax to be had here and we can employ x number more people to deal with all of this'. Voting out one party and installing another is not the answer, that is too general and just doesn't work. Vote out the ones with closed minds and install those that are willing to listen and act reasonably no matter the party is the best way to go in my opinion.

All this paperwork that is accompanied by a fee for the vendors is something I hope they can drastically streamline and reduce. I am sure that there will be vendors in the next couple of years that fall by the wayside. That is just how history works.

This is a new industry and although I know how much better I feel vaping as opposed to smoking, with some of this stuff, we really don't know the long term effects and are really guinea pigs for future generations. I don't have a problem with that one bit.

I guess what I took away from all the reading that I did before this post was that this proposed legislation was written by a lot of officials that only know about vaping from what others have told them and in a lot of instances, false information and that they need educated to the real facts. Garbage in, garbage out. Also, we need to be united in this cause.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Good idea for a contest!
I've been a member of CASAA for 2 years. I appreciate the emails they send me. The other day I clicked the link for Delaware call to action where they've proposed a bill to include e-cigs in the same lump as the "no smoking" ban, i.e. wherever there's no smoking there's no e-cig use! Oh boy did I whip up an email and send to all the Delaware Reps!

Time for a new contest! This week we're giving away 150mL of Lion Head Premium e-Liquid! The winner will be able to choose whether they'd like ten 15mL bottles or five 30mL bottles. Flavors and nicotine strengths will be decided by the winner as well.

To be entered into the contest this week, you have to do some homework. As many of you know, the FDA released their proposed rule for deeming regulations of e-cigarettes last week. All you have to do is get informed! In the links below, I've provided some information, but there is more out there. Right now, we're all trying to make sense of the document and come up with a plan, but one thing is certain: we need to stand together. If you haven't done so yet, please join CASAA. They are at the forefront in combating unfair legislation, and it would be wise to listen to their suggestions about how to make your voice heard. I've also posted a link to their summary of the regulations. This is a big deal. Vaping as we know it is in danger of being regulated out of existence, into the pockets of Big Tobacco.

So to be entered, please join CASAA if you haven't already....it's free, don't worry! After you've done some research on the topic, come back here and post your opinions. Although not part of the contest, I'd also like everyone to spread the word, because some vapers may not be aware of the implications of this regulation. Some aren't even aware that CASAA exists, and that needs to change, even if only used as a resource to keep up-to-date with developments in vaping legislation.

Because this is so important, and because I want to reach as many people as possible, this will be a 2-week-long contest, ending on Friday, May 9. The winner will be selected at random.

This is the link the the original document:
http://www.ofr.gov/OFRUpload/OFRData/2014-09491_PI.pdf

This link is to the CASAA page regarding the proposed rule:
CASAA: CASAA Assessment of FDA Deeming Regulation, April 25, 2014

And this is a recording of conference call among some of our most respected vaping advocates:
https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/deeming-regulations-simplified

Those links should get you started, but once you get fired up over this, it may be hard to walk away from the computer.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

Update 4/29/2014: Today CASAA issued a press release, and encouraged everyone to pass it on to every/all local news outlets, including TV stations and newspapers. Linked below.

CASAA: FDA regulation of e-cigarettes: huge costs, little or no benefit, says CASAA

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Awesome link SK! I had not seen that before! Looks like I'll be reading for a while lol

It's unfortunate that the majority of people who know nothing about e-cigs seem to think that if it looks like smoking, it must be bad.

A non-vaping friend mentioned to me that they saw something on the news where someone was blowing HUGE clouds with their ecig. Then asked me "why were they doing that ?"when he's never seen "me" blowing big clouds. I didn't have an answer though. My friend was implying that the particular person that was blowing big clouds was acting like he wanted to cause trouble and possibly give a bad name to vapers as if we vapers intend to be a nuisance with big clouds towards everyone. I've never seen it, have only heard about the "big cloud thing." I'm not sure what to make of it? I wonder if that's a part of the vaping bans that are being proposed? That the clouds look like terrible smoke clouds or something and therefore must be bad?

I get SO tired of hearing people say that there haven't been enough studies done and/or there isn't enough known about ecigs and the vapor they produce... or even that they don't work as a smoking cessation device!!

So I usually send them this link to shut them up... :D LOL!!

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 » onVaping

It's the Mother Lode of all the Studies in one place, and it hasn't even been updated in a while... :blink:

Last edited:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I'm a new vaper and am so thankful for it. I just joined cassaa a few days ago. Unfortunately, where I live its still fairly new. I have yet to see anyone in my town vaping. I'm still learning a lot. From what I've learned so far we all need to pay close attention to this as it will affect us all. I look forward to reading what everyone had to say about this. Ty for this great contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the vaping world Erica. I'm glad you found ECF. The more people who join here, the more informed vapers we will have, and that's important if we are going to keep our right to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread