Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Sure -- pile on some additional regulatory requirements and make it even more complicated for anyone to remain in the vape business. :rolleyes:

So vapers with disabilities are less important than vendors in the business?

(by reading on the forum for 4 years, I know vapers get treated like that by many vendors, but that doesn't make it right :evil:)

Seems like this ADA Compliant requirement could almost be Twisted into a case for Closed System Atomizers.

Well given the way "pod mods" are getting a big push on the forum, and manufacturers and "investors" seem pretty gung ho about them, and people here are buying them........

Lets at least not be hypocrites. Those are closed systems for all practical purposes.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well given the way "pod mods" are getting a big push on the forum, and manufacturers and "investors" seem pretty gung ho about them, and people here are buying them........

Lets at least not be hypocrites. Those are closed systems for all practical purposes.

Yeah but the BIG Difference is the makers of the "Pod Mod" did so as a Matter of Choice. Not as a Mandated Government Regulation.

If people want to push for e-Cigarettes to be ADA Compliant, Great. Just be Careful what you Wish For. Because you Just Might Get It.

BTW - I think that there should be a Government Regulation that makes Chainsaws ADA Compliant.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just to be Clear.

If Anyone wants to start a Petition say'n that Vape Shop employees Should be able to Assist/Instruct their Customers as to the Safe and Proper way to Operate the e-Cigarettes that they sell, I would be In Favor of.

But I would Strongly Oppose Any Attempt, or any Attempt that could be perceived to propose Government Regulations to Hardware Design.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The actual ADA makes no provision for exemption on child resistant packaging. Most of those rules come from Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970. There are some location specific exemptions for medicine, but pretty much everything else has to comply with the rules.

It's doubtful you'll get anywhere with this one.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
The actual ADA makes no provision for exemption on child resistant packaging. Most of those rules come from Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970. There are some location specific exemptions for medicine, but pretty much everything else has to comply with the rules.

It's doubtful you'll get anywhere with this one.

Personally, I'd like to see the Arthritis Foundation take a whack at it. Obviously its not going to be directly related to Deeming, but Food and Drug packaging overall, with a trickle down.
If you count the # of laws enacted to supposedly protect those under 12-wouldnt it be a closer to perfect society that enacts the same # for those over 60?
Smile, have a nice day,

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The problem with making exceptions to existing law, is it begins to create a slippery slope where the law becomes invalid.

I have no issues with child proof packaging, even though I often rage at the difficulty of getting into some of those bottles every now and then. In a perfect society, parents would ensure their children couldn't get at products that are harmful, thereby negating the need for legislation requiring child proof packaging. But since you can't legislate common sense, we have to accept that there will always be those who should have never been allowed to procreate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread