Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Sunday morning math quiz.
their .02 ohm
shouldn't this read 0.2 ohms? At 0.02 your battery would have to source 185 amps.
would mean that a little over 1/1000 of a percent (0.00001022222)
Isn't 0.00001 = to 1/100000, one in one hundred thousand. 1.00001 ,remove the
dot,add a comma in the right place - 100,001.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Reactions: Danousa

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Sunday morning math quiz.

shouldn't this read 0.2 ohms? At 0.02 your battery would have to source 185 amps.

Isn't 0.00001 = to 1/100000, one in one hundred thousand. 1.00001 ,remove the
dot,add a comma in the right place - 100,001.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

You'd multiply 0.00001022222 by 100 to get the percentage, so it would be 0.001022222%.

Reactions: Danousa

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
According to an article on Consumer Reports from mid-2013, they claim "...that the CPSC has received 61 reports of phones overheating, arcing, or experiencing other such problems in the past few years."

This site has some pretty detailed (and injury-producing) cell phone battery explosions with pictures: (link broken): http://www.androidauthority. com/busting-the-myth-yes-cell-phones-can-explode-42582/

Look, I'm not trying to discredit the need for increased battery safety, and the information that will hopefully stop people from using a $2 lithium battery off eBay to power their .02 ohm cloud atty on a clone mech mod, but I certainly hope that the FDA isn't using this as a springboard for more and more regulation (and demonization) of e-cigarettes.... because lithium batteries can and have presented problems in MANY devices.

+1 Yeah! Those damn lithiums! Ban laptops! Ban cell phones - they cause brain cancer too! Wave bye-bye to the Dreamliner!! Sheesh. Let's talk battery safety here! How about button batteries....JUST the severe cases to start with...
Severe Cases

Last edited:

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
index.html

Try this. Interesting stuff.

To get to the nitty gritty, you have to click the box "statistics". It will take you to another FEMA page, where you have to click "data" and a page with all kinds of charts for causes of fires in homes, how many deaths attributed to cause of fire, etc.

This could be quite interesting indeed! I did have a little problem getting past the following "fact", though:
"Fact: Between 2000 – 2015, 94 percent of fatal campus fires occurred off-campus." (Located under "See it before you sign it.")
I'm curious how that worked out! I think I would tend to be a little skeptical about anything I read on that site, as the intelligence of the website posters is seriously in question!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
92 .

100000 dead, 800000 seriously harmed from FDA-approved drugs - per year.

Yeah, let's deem lithium-batteries.

They aren't deadly enough.

Tablet, cellphone, mod. Busy shopping mall. Surrounded by lots of other people carrying on or more of the same.
So should I feel like treading a minefield now ?

Oh, and BTW :

Lithium-battery. NOT a food. NOT a drug.

So what's YOUR business spending time, money and effort on that ?
Ah,yes.
Means to an END(S) ?
ENDS to means ?

Stepped on a cigarette .... a few days back.
Am I a tobacco product now ?
Or just my shoe ?
Shall I send it in for deeming ?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Almost all the injury accidents involve mech mods. Avoid mechs and you avoid almost all the risks. The vaping community, industry, and public health people remian eternally stupid about it. Mech users don't want to be told they can't use them. Retailers don't want to hurt sales or increase liability by admiting they might be selling risky devices, The public health people seem to hate vaping so much they'd rather people get hurt.

This kind of bootlegger/Baptist relationship involving safety exists in at least one other field I know something about.

Reactions: BoostAddict

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Keep your .....ned dirty ape paws off my mechs!! ;)
I've only had three regulated devices in the past four years and it's just not my thing.
I don't enjoy when they don't fire, I can't fix em.
Besides what could I personally do with a 200 watt mod. I hang in the 10-15 watt range for my builds. Besides the point.
Let's not go vilifying mechanical mods because of user error.
The most important safety feature known to man is the one between your ears.

Mechanical mods are nice, simple, and safe if you learn what you're doing.

I like my carburetor vtwins, y'all can have the fuel injected throttle by wire.:)

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Almost all the injury accidents involve mech mods user error. Avoid mechs user error and you avoid almost all the risks.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Some people shouldn't buy a 400 hp car either, but let's not go their either.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
"ENDS products are largely unregulated in the USA. Although some states, localities and organisations have laws or policies restricting sales or use in certain locations, the application of available risk mitigation knowledge and standards in ENDS design, manufacture, sales and use is largely voluntary."

"Accurate and complete sales data for specific brands and models of ENDS products in the USA are not available. However, it appears that the ENDS product sector may be lagging behind the mobile consumer electronics product sector in addressing this consumer safety risk."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread