FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Would it be possible for vendors to try and label their nic products as "only for (electronic) pipes and cigars", thereby excluding their products from the new laws?

nope. the problem is ANY nicotine containing product other than approved cessation aids are considered tobacco products if this goes through.

cracker75

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Washington State
nope. the problem is ANY nicotine containing product other than approved cessation aids are considered tobacco products if this goes through.

Was I reading the wrong thing? I got to the proposed rule-change via another search, and it stated that for the mandatory face-to-face sales (no online sales), cigars and pipe tobacco were exempt.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Here's what I'm going to say...

Some people may be thinking they are going to zero nicotine, so they will not be affected.
Some people may be thinking that they know where to buy overseas and will hope they will not be affected.
Some people may be thinking that they have a large stash of nicotine jiuce for DIY purposes, and they will not be affected.

And some people may be thinking I got mine, and screw the rest of you.

Well, seriously, we need to BAND TOGETHER... and that means ALL OF US.
You fight for me, and I'll fight for you... and someday when you mother or child is smoking, our fight will have helped.

Look beyond yourself, and find a common place that matters to all of us.
Don't be a douche.

Fight now, and fight always.

Let "them" know that we are different from the rest of the sheeple.
And we will stand tall, and proud, and fight.

And don't think we can not fight them...
Because we have, and have won, and continue to win much more than we lose.

Don't just give up, but resolve yourselves to do what you know you should.
Please, for all of us, and for all of those who are not yet us, but could be.

Last edited:

dragonlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
chicopee ma
ok this may sound naive or crazy or what have you but here it goes. A class action suit against the FDA stating that their actions will cause harm to the population by effectively forcing people who could not give up their nicotine addiction by "traditonal" means to go back to smoking analogs. Their actions would also force MANY small business to close up shop.
Just my two cents.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
ok this may sound naive or crazy or what have you but here it goes. A class action suit against the FDA stating that their actions will cause harm to the population by effectively forcing people who could not give up their nicotine addiction by "traditonal" means to go back to smoking analogs. Their actions would also force MANY small business to close up shop.
Just my two cents.
Here is the best idea I have yet seen for a legitimate lawsuit that might have a chance of success..
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...moking-vaping-bans-new-level.html#post4484518

Start with that post and then read the next couple of posts.
Feel free to give your feedback.

I would LOVE to find a good way to sue the FDA.
And maybe even more so the "non-profit health organizations" and put them out of business.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just my two cents.

that costs money and if we lose we're REALLY screwed. Don't get me wrong it's a great idea but we seriously gotta start raising some serious bank to do that.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here's what I'm going to say...

Some people may be thinking they are going to zero nicotine, so they will not be affected.
Some people may be thinking that they know where to buy overseas and will hope they will not be affected.
Some people may be thinking that they have a large stash of nicotine jiuce for DIY purposes, and they will not be affected.

And some people may be thinking I got mine, and screw the rest of you.

Well, seriously, we need to BAND TOGETHER... and that means ALL OF US.
You fight for me, and I'll fight for you... and someday when you mother or child is smoking, our fight will have helped.

Look beyond yourself, and find a common place that matters to all of us.
Don't be a douche.

Fight now, and fight always.

Let "them" know that we are different from the rest of the sheeple.
And we will stand tall, and proud, and fight.

And don't think we can not fight them...
Because we have, and have won, and continue to win much more than we lose.

Don't just give up, but resolve yourselves to do what you know you should.
Please, for all of us, and for all of those who are not yet us, but could be.

I totally agree with you.

I'm also donating every free cent I have to CASAA and candidates for office who are friendly to our cause, as well as writing snail-mail letters, etc., etc. (In 2012, I and my wife will contribute somewhere in the mid-four figures to political causes.)

But I'm also stockpiling nicquid and vaping-specific hardware sufficient to last me beyond the end of my life. (My total investment will be much less than half what we contribute.)

I've lived long enough, though, to know that I have to have a fallback position should our cause fail.

Last edited:

GuyInAZ

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I just saw this for the first time. I started vaping and stopped smoking analogs 18 days ago and love it.

Quick question:

I thought this regulation would ban "Internet Sales" but the title of the thread says "regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies ".
Does that mean I won't be able to buy juice/supplies from my local stores either? I hope not, I actually liked smoking and chose vaping as a healthier alternative. I would either have to
quit or go back on analogs again :(

GuyInAZ

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Well, I didn't start vaping to have this happen. I agree with the other posters who have said we need to ban together and fight this! What is it with other people dictating what is right and how we should live our lives? I just don't get it. I thought we were the land of the free.:(

I agree with you. I started vaping because it's healthier, costs less, doesn't stink and I can "stealth vape" @ work.
Land of the free?
That's a whole other subject in itself that I won't even start to elaborate on.
My question/concern is, should this legislation pass and it is no longer possible to purchase juice and/or supplies online ( Apparently it's to prevent those under the age of 18 from acquiring juice and hardware) will I be able to buy juice and supplies from my local vendor? I can deal with the inconvenience of not being able to purchase online but if I cannot get supplies locally I will quite possibly go back on analogs again and I really hate to do that. It would try my willpower.

Last edited:

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
GuyInAZ said, ". . . should this legislation pass . . . "

It's not a matter for legislation. It's a handful of unelected, willfully ignorant, pointy-headed FDA bureaucrats who have the right to dictate to us how we conduct our lives.

The Congress of the United States gave them that right when the congresscritters voted the enabling legislation for the FDA and the president signed the bill into law lo these many years ago.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
I have zero hope in CAASA hindering this action. However, they are going after Cigars.. And frankly, the cigar lobby has the best shot of shutting this down.. They have a lot more users and a LOT more money..

110,000 signatures already from cigar folks.. E-Cig users could barely muster 5k for that petition.

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
I had the good fortune of listening to Bill on tonight's CASAA meeting, and I see his position a little more clearly now...

Earlier in this thread, I offered my opinion that the process of Regulation, Consolidation, and Taxation is likely inevitable and Chapter IX inclusion is merely a first step in that process...

Now to be clear - the FSPTCA doesn't have anything to do with taxation... What makes it so important is that it serves as a 'hubbing' document, and sets a powerful precedent for other regulations to follow.

You can think of a 'hubbing' document as the center of a wheel where that other regulations branch out from.
If you can take out the center of the wheel, nothing can branch out...

So after listening to Bill speak, I understand his position better now, he feels that we have a very real chance to keep e-cigs out of the center of that wheel...

His tactic is simple - If we're able to successfully keep e-cigs out of that single document, then all the regulations that hub out from it, and link back to it, will not apply...

Attack the root... Now, this may seem difficult to achieve, but there is hope. 120+ members of congress have stepped up to support the cigar lobby (who is also trying to avoid Chapter IX inclusion). So, there is a large body within congress who may be sympathetic, even supportive...

In the next few days, Bill is going to be sharing some sample verbage, letters, and contact information...
He's basically co-ordinating and orchestrating this effort, and if enough people participate, it just might work.

I for one, am whole heartedly in support of this. . .

...because while Consolidation, Regulation, and Taxation are still probably inevitable, this single pin-point effort could buy us another 5 or 10 years, possibly even longer.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
We really should be piggy backing off that cigar support in numbers. There is absolutely no justification for regulations addressing smoking to be rxpanded (that was a missed key stroke, but it seemed so appropriate a word for this type of regulation I left it) to embody those products that basically eliminate the hazards- e cigs, snus, orbs, stonewalls, ariva, et al.

This is protectionism of the RX empire, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread