FDA REGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
vape Ross vape" data-source="post: 16936904" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Ross vape said:
OK I am new to this. But where are all the big manufactures in this battle ? Are they doing stuff in the background?
Big American manufacturers are mostly from Big tobacco. They push FDA regulations.
The rest of big manufacturers are in China.
Independent American manufacturers/sellers look lame to me.

Vape Ross Vape

Sep 27, 2015
First thing China has created & exported since food.
E-cigs, at current growth rate could exceed tobacco cigs in 12 to 15 years.
Shouldn't America build a better mousetrap??..
Yes they should but am guessing no one would want to invest any large money right now. And I am clueless as to which one company would have the most to lose if these regs come down. Seems like a bunch of little company's but like I said I am new to this.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't think China really cares. Even if some hardware is outlawed, there's another few billion people waiting in the next line of countries.
Aspire didn't know that tanks over 2ml are in the firing line in Europe (May 2016). I guess they'll just manufacture 1.9ml ones just for the 72,000,000 people in Europe.
Why waste money when there's selling to be done?

(This is not anti-China by the way).

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Blu, Vype, Vuse and Mark 10 are just sitting around waiting for the guillotine to fall. Then they'll get going....
The 'big' names in public vaping (the horrible Brands) are just filling the pension pot as hard as they can before it's all over.
We know who they are. They know who they are; there's no fighting to be done. You make a total of over $50-$500m and call it a day IF and WHEN the end comes.

Totally Wicked (Joyetech/eleaf) are the only UK firm fighting the fight.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Some of the American vape companies are being sued by ambulance chasers (right about now) and some vapers are actually cheering on the ambulance chasers. All the medium to large vape companies that I'm aware of, are fighting regulations, posting messages on their websites. I reckon many are doing things behind the scenes.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Big American manufacturers are mostly from Big Tobacco. They push FDA regulations.
The rest of big manufacturers are in China.
Independent American manufacturers/sellers look lame to me.
You are wrong on all counts. Both large tobacco companies in the US oppose the deeming and support HR 2058. The major manufactures in the US are also active in fighting the deeming with many having meetings with the OMB.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You are wrong on all counts. Both large tobacco companies in the US oppose the deeming and support HR 2058. The major manufactures in the US are also active in fighting the deeming with many having meetings with the OMB.
That's a shame, as BLU are supporting the EU ban in 2016.
72,000,000 people back at the mercy of a tobacco company.

I guess they make it up as they go along.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
That's a shame, as BLU are supporting the EU ban in 2016.
72,000,000 people back at the mercy of a tobacco company.

I guess they make it up as they go along.
The EU regulation is a different situation as it still allows some e-cigs, and BLU's products likely meet the standards. Not so in the USA as the deeming would for all practical purposes ban all e-cigs.

I'm not saying the tobacco companies are all good as far as vaping as they are looking out for their own interest, which doesn't necessarily match what people who vape want. Sometimes the stars line up though, as with the deeming in the USA.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
What confuses the hell out of me the most is national health data. Given that the western world has the best healthcare you'd think any government would take their word for it. What i mean is if hospitals aren't recording any instances in which patients are suffering from the ill effects of any kind of e cigarette use then the government should be using that data base as evidence that vaping is harmless. In the same way, if the use of any kind of e-cigarette was harmful then the government could use that data against the e-cigarette industry. Why the government is listening to anyone else is just plain ignorant and totally stupid. The data has been right in front of them from the start.

Don't take my word for it. What is your personal opinion about the failure of government to recognise that every hospital in the country has the ability to record any ill health caused by the direct use of any kind of e-cigarettes ?, because if they have anything, good or bad, then they'd share that information. These particular kinds of testimonials far outweigh any data provided to government departments such as the FDA from anywhere and everywhere else. If people could lobby for this kind of proof, or lack of it, the government would have no choice but to listen.

At the moment it could provide the strongest proof there is that the use of any kind of e-cigarette is totally benign. I'll health suffered by someone using any kind of e-cigarette would be recorded by any hospital in the country. So if there is evidence then why isn't the government asking them for it ?, because if anyone would know it would be them, no one else !. A hospital or a doctor would be the first port of call for anyone suffering ill health from using any kind of e-cigarette.

So really whatever else pro e-cigarette lobbyists are doing, they should also be gathering outside the nations hospitals peacefully protesting for evidence the hospital has that using any kind of e-cigarette is harmful to be provided to the concerned government departments, even the Whitehouse. And if they have no evidence that using any kind of e-cigarette is harmful they should convey that message to the concerned governemnt departments.

The hospitals are the biggest and best weapon the users of any kind of e-cigarette has and will ever have and they shouldn't be overlooked.

Last edited:

Vapefun

Nov 25, 2015
The american manufacturers (Vuse, Markten etc) are the american ones. They are made by the big tobacco companies. Of course theres some that are not tobacco companies, but they are the ones that would love these fda regulations.

They're just reaping in profit and enjoying the tv commercials (Tobacco companies cannot market their tobacco products on tv or radio. Obviously these ecigs are an exception.) We'll just have to see where this goes.

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread