Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I say no, not yet. Manufacturers could introduce new products into the market until Aug 7. I will wait until September or October to see if some of the new products will be more suited to my style of vaping. If i decide to stockpile then, there will be more options.

For different opinions and suggestions :

On stockpiling after FDA deeming regulations

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Don't wanna be caught short if there is a run on stuff as the date gets close. My concern would be COILS for those tanks. Learning to rebuild and do DIY may be key. I'm not in the U.S. but it may be that if I ever wanted a new Provari in the future, I just better get one now while I still can. Cheers.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Don't wanna be caught short if there is a run on stuff as the date gets close. My concern would be COILS for those tanks. Learning to rebuild and do DIY may be key. I'm not in the U.S. but it may be that if I ever wanted a new Provari in the future, I just better get one now while I still can. Cheers.
FDA Ruling Threatens Largest U.S. Vape Hardware Manufacturer - ProVape this is a blog on their site,
For now, Flagg said it will be business as usual and ProVari’s will be sold online and in select stores. He advises vapers and anyone who wants to be confident they’ll have a personal vaporizer that’s safe, reliable and guaranteed to last to buy a ProVari this spring or summer.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Should I be stocking up on mods, tanks and juice? With these regs taking affect on August.
Then again, honestly. No.
You should be learning to make coils and build on RTA tanks, buying replacable battery mods and learning to make your own juice. That's really how I'd spend my time right now.

Reactions: Yiana

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
But the date is not really that close, we have more than 26 months. A lot can happen in that time.
Yes, a lot of bad things can happen in that amount of time. I just couldn't justify taking that chance. Even though, I too feel, sanity will prevail.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Yes, a lot of bad things can happen in that amount of time. I just couldn't justify taking that chance. Even though, I too feel, sanity will prevail.
Yeah, there is no right or wrong answer, just opinions at this time.

I honestly think that sanity will prevail in the end as well, but my main reason not to stock up now, is more practical. I wasted a lot of money in 2014 'inadvertently stocking up' on products i have absolutely no use for any more ! I will also have more options to chose from later in the year, and i haven't read anything in the regs or guidelines to suggest products in the market by Aug 7, 2016, will not be available until at least Aug 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdurand

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Should I be stocking up on mods, tanks and juice? With these regs taking affect on August.

I think I should be stocking up anyway, but yes you should, and don't wait till the crunch is upon us. While we don't yet know how this will be challenged or how it will play out it's best to play it safe. You are going to vape it anyway, right?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I guess I'm lucky to have found my "sweet spot" before all of this. I knew exactly what I wanted and stocked up on those. I think I may have actually gotten over my very bad case of shiny-it is. I'm just a nic hoarder now!
Yeah unfortunately i haven't found my sweet spot yet, although i'm getting close :) . I started with cigalikes, then on to eGo twists and iClear 16's , then Vamos and SDV's and PT2's, then on to mechs and rda's, then rta's, then iSticks and back to pt2's ( but rebuilding the coils this time ) ! Seriously considering simplifying further with eGo AIO's. Starter kits are so much better and easier ( and cheaper ) than they used to be, and i am pretty sure the major Shenzhen vendors will be coming up with a bunch of new stuff in the next ten weeks as well !

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
But the date is not really that close, we have more than 26 months. A lot can happen in that time.

You have a lot more Faith in the FDA ACTION Calender than I.

I simply Pose this:
FDA Deliberate Lack of Clarity on most Matters.
<Feel Free to Define Acceptable Mixing Facilities or Non-violation of New Product rules(pertaining to E-liquids)>
Independent advancement of States to increase Regulation of Available Vaping Products, personal use and possible Possession.

I would modify to this:
But the date MAY not really BE that close, we MIGHT have more than 26 months.WARNING: A lot can happen in that time!

******* Generalized continuation******
While I do not wish to Create Panic..........No Running in the isles. I would Caution Vapers to Make a list, Decide what is important to them. Act upon that decision as they are Financially and Comfortably able, just in case things go south.

Only Purchase the things one really needs or could use and leave stock for others.
Yes, I have purposefully NOT Purchased several things this month because the Vendor inventory read LOW. I am not pressed for product.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
You have a lot more Faith in the FDA ACTION Calender than I.

I simply Pose this:
FDA Deliberate Lack of Clarity on most Matters.
<Feel Free to Define Acceptable Mixing Facilities or Non-violation of New Product rules(pertaining to E-liquids)>
Independent advancement of States to increase Regulation of Available Vaping Products, personal use and possible Possession.

I would modify to this:

******* Generalized continuation******
While I do not wish to Create Panic..........No Running in the isles. I would Caution Vapers to Make a list, Decide what is important to them. Act upon that decision as they are Financially and Comfortably able, just in case things go south.

Only Purchase the things one really needs or could use and leave stock for others.
Yes, I have purposefully NOT Purchased several things this month because the Vendor inventory read LOW. I am not pressed for product.
Well we should all act based on our personal confidence levels. I am confident that the FDA is inept and moves very slowly and deliberately, and i don't even expect them to be efficient in enforcement per their calendar either, let alone ( illegally ) expedite the dates. They knew that they will be regulating ecigs as a "tobacco product" in 2009. It took them until 2014 to come up with proposed deemings, another two years to finalize them. I can't imagine that they won't try to adhere to the terms ( and enforce the terms accordingly ), of what it took seven years for them to arrive at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread