Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
You are quite welcome, and what's your opinion?
This thread is about whether to stockpile or not, and tangentially whether the fda will adhere to their enforcement timeline. But to give a short response, i don't believe the fda is subservient to BP and especially not to BT. I think their interests converge at times and disperse at other times. The FDA's main gig is control. They want to limit the market so they can control it better.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
This thread is about whether to stockpile or not, and tangentially whether the fda will adhere to their enforcement timeline. But to give a short response, i don't believe the fda is subservient to BP and especially not to BT. I think their interests converge at times and disperse at other times. The FDA's main gig is control. They want to limit the market so they can control it better.

Thank you for your opinion :)

Reactions: Mazinny

rideronthistrain

Jan 6, 2015
NY
Not stockpiling much at all except perhaps for wicks. If it becomes as bad as some predict I'll just cross the border to Canada for my vape needs or I assume our local Native American reservations will enter the vape business on a larger level. Canada has not regulated e-cigs very much. Native Americans do not have to follow FDA regulations. But there is already a lawsuit filed against the FDA on the deeming regulations and some Senators and Congress people don't like these regulations because they understand that a good part of their constituency does not want the industry overregulated to a point where small businesses have to fold. Some Congressman in California recently vaped right in session LOL.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I got 10 years worth of nic last September. I sleep better. I'll be adding a slightly smaller redundant supply from another supplier before August just in case there is a problem with the first batch. I've settled on the atomizer I could spend the rest of my days using. At $9 a pop I'll have 10 and plenty of spare o-rings. I hate buying mods I don't need because that technology is improving by leaps and bounds. We are lucky the axe didn't fall a year ago. My favorite mod right now is the Pico. I will be pressing the fire button about 200,000 times a year. I figure 2 years is realistic so 5 of those. Just in case they have a longer term problem with shelf life they will be backed up with 5 additional TC mods, probably vtc minis. I've settled on 28 guage stainless wire. 10 years of wire is chump change. All that sounds like a lot but money wise it's not. 10 years of smoking a carton a week would cost me $30,000.

May be something will save us from the FDA death star. If not I'll have 10 years to decide the next move.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Talk to me about the provari, please. I use your basic ego style battery with ce5. I stayed with these because they did what I needed them to do. I have a couple liters of nic on its way for the freezer for me to learn DIY.

So my question to you all is, what should I be ordering in regards to a provari. They have a starter kit which includes batteries and charger. The 2.5 and 2.5 mini kits are the same price (but I noticed diff size batteries) Which is better? Do I only need the extension end cap if I want the bigger batteries? Is the display and color just personal preference? Do I need to upgrade to the aspire nautilus?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Talk to me about the provari, please. I use your basic ego style battery with ce5. I stayed with these because they did what I needed them to do. I have a couple liters of nic on its way for the freezer for me to learn DIY.

So my question to you all is, what should I be ordering in regards to a provari. They have a starter kit which includes batteries and charger. The 2.5 and 2.5 mini kits are the same price (but I noticed diff size batteries) Which is better? Do I only need the extension end cap if I want the bigger batteries? Is the display and color just personal preference? Do I need to upgrade to the aspire nautilus?
The mini takes 18350's the regular 18490's, button top only, and AW cells highly recommended. If you get a mini, you can use an axtender cap to also use 18490's, and with a ring and an extender cap you could use all three sizes, 18350, 18490, and 18650. More options. I've used Evods with an adaptor, PT2's, still use those. No need to get a Nautilus if you are happy with what you are using, the ProVari will benefit you from the replaceable battery aspect. LED color is just personal preference.

deucesjack

Account closed on request
Oct 28, 2015
I am stockpiling tanks, coils, and mods. I'm not that worried about juice because most juice makers I have spoken to have said they will not stop making juice. I have every confidence in the world that the Democrats will over reach again and put 10's of thousands of people out of work. Vaping will not disappear but vaping as we know it will. The Democrats are handing over vaping to big tobacco plain and simple. They are owned by BT and are getting paid to change the landscape of vaping. Under this current administration there have been over 20,000 new regulatory laws enacted. This is no different. Your best bet as a vaper is to start voting for people that are for less government involvement in YOUR life. Even if it means crossing party lines and giving up your own broken political beliefs. Sadly. most vapers just don't want to hear this.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Did you check out the "specials" section, ProVari's for 35$, they have never been as affordable as that before!Specials of the week

Haha! I see I'm not the only one ordering these up right now. Got a satin 2.5 last week for $60 including shipping and extended cap. Had a black 2.5 for almost three years now. Ordering more soon. Might even get a Mini or two but I mostly run 18650's.

The Zombie version just disappeared from their website within the past few hours, but they've still got the red/black hybrid and glow-in-the-dark models for $29.95

Oops! Just ordered a red/black for my third for $40.50

Made in US freakin' A :)

Last edited:

xwarp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Tucson AZ
"Buy it cheap and stack it deep" is a mantra that is repeated in other "hobbies" so to speak.

If you have to ask, then maybe you already know your answer and are looking for approval.

If that is the case, then maybe you should be asking Uncle Sugar for permission instead of a message board full of people that can only give you their opinions.

That said.........

I'll tell you to buy what you can afford.

I don't know if there is going to be a panic rush in the future, but I didn't wait to see. I bought in the last two weeks what I should have bought in the last year.

Nice thing about the price of what is available now, is that it's cheap enough to buy it and resell it if you want later on.

The ultimate point is, it's a free market, your money, your decision.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
...I'm not that worried about juice because most juice makers I have spoken to have said they will not stop making juice...

But how much more expensive will it be with all those added taxes?

Edited to mention if BT gets control of e-cigs, I'm under the impression they will be closed systems, no refilling.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
With talk about Provaris...how low do they ohm? I go from .5-1.0 usually. I have a zmax3 that only does 1.3 or higher I got awhile ago for 9 bucks. I have a subox mini and plan on getting picos next week.
You need to realistically stay above 1.2Ω, they can fire down to 1.0 -1.1, but only at the lowest volt settings. They are limited to 3.5 amp for the V2.5.
The classic is limited to 4.5amp, but those are still over a hundred bucks at the the discount page. The ProVari is best suited to Nautilus and Kafun type atties. I use them for dripping atties with 1.4-1.6Ω single coils.

Reactions: Yiana

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
What I also wonder is buying juice online will totally be ended 8-8. Time will tell but I am stocking up on DIY.
I'm concerned about that too. Also stocking on DIY and ordering my favorite premium juice the next two months. UGGG..... I HATE THIS!!!! Never felt so panicked.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I'm concerned about that too. Also stocking on DIY and ordering my favorite premium juice the next two months. UGGG..... I HATE THIS!!!! Never felt so panicked.
Yes I agree the panic is a real feeling! I started feeling better after I started stocking up!

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Yes I agree the panic is a real feeling! I started feeling better after I started stocking up!
Yea, me too. I just feel like it's never enough and that "just one more" feeling. I feel better after ordering, then once I get it I feel I should be getting something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread