FDA says TVECA claims it has a copy of FDA's e-cig regulatory proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
They must be (much like the FDA) monitoring us.

If they are, they should realize that Anjaffm speaks for many of us in the US as well! (And thinking that the FDA is monitoring us makes me want to post some of my "thoughts" about them from my "Rebutz to the ANTZ" file" :evil:, but I'll wait to see what they come up with vis a vis deeming or deming or damning or whatever...)

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
They must be (much like the FDA) monitoring us.

Well, we have a saying in German:

Der Lauscher an der Wand
hört seine eigene Schand

= If you listen at walls, you may hear something about you that is not flattering

:p

If they are, they should realize that Anjaffm speaks for many of us in the US as well!

Good to know, dear.
What did they do in the US? Stabbed you in the back, like they did the European consumers?
- link to the proof, again - in case somebody missed the true interests of TVECA

Last edited:

StefanDidak

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2014
Oakley, CA, USA
www.stefandidak.com
Hm... and what will TVECA do with the attention?

Stroke their ego's in the hope that someone out there might consider them even remotely credible again? :)

We have a phrase for such things in German: "sich mit fremden Federn schmücken" = to make yourself look pretty with feathers that are not your own.

Even though I live in CA I'm from NL and while not fluent in writing I understand it quite well. I would say, Das was TVECA sagt is mir scheissegal aber ihre aktionen sind gefährlich. :)

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I would say, Das was TVECA sagt is mir scheissegal aber ihre aktionen sind gefährlich. :)

absolutely, dear! :thumbs:
And your German is excellent. :)

Translation:
I do not care what TVECA says but their actions are dangerous

/edit:
They must be pretty silly though. Blathering here in a British-based (!) forum wth a large American membership without the least consideration that there may be some people active here who are very well aware of their deceitful actions in Europe. The gall of some people....

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well, we have a saying in German:

Der Lauscher an der Wand
hört seine eigene Schand

biggrin_girl.gif

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
They are? OK, I have a message for TVECA (and for the FDA). ;)

Qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent.

In other words, "he that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas."

-Benjamin Franklin

OMG, that is flippin' hilarious! :lol:

Fleas spread the plague too.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Wasn't there an issue in EU about back door negotiations in secret with cigalike companies (TVECA)?

From TVECA website:
We defend and support the entire ecig category and that includes logical and responsible regulation for liquids and mods. We have successfully worked with regulatory bodies in Europe to build a logical and responsible platform for this category.

I think TVECA announced the FDA deeming regulation is that they want to establish themselves as "the voice of the ecig market" and squash the standing of any others. It's about positioning, esp with lawmakers / policy wonks / public health agencies / news services. It's more about discrediting everyone else than it is about attention to themselves. There will also be a few vape industry suppliers that'll buy into their lines and want to join them as eager "wannabes". Corporations are really, really good at marketing.

TVECA's next paragraph should be called comedy except they are serious:
We want to continue to work hard and provide the industry with workable and logical regulation that will allow this industry to thrive. We do this by never losing sight of what the end user deserves. Other less significant voices in the industry have sold out to big tobacco like the founding members did of another association. We strive for a consistent, reliable, and less harmful product that has been subjected to the scrutiny that products should face for human consumption.

We know they are a joke, but to a journalist this may seem like THE agency to contact for the "other side" of a story. That is exactly what this was designed to do.

The TVECA has been established to provide the media, legislative bodies and those that are currently using the electronic cigarette (e-cig) a single industry resource to simply provide the scientific facts behind a new technology that has garnered tremendous disinformation.

Oh and on ... Read only if your blood pressure allows it.

If members of ANTZ complain about "renormalizing smoking", I say agree with them and suggest banning cigalikes (i.e. TVECA member products). Only pv's allowed that don't look like cigarettes. They banned candy cigarettes for the same reason, so why not cigalikes?

Then watch what happens next. I think political maggots will be forced to crawl out in defense of cigalikes (and it's highly unlikely it would pass).

It's pretty clear that TVECA's agenda is more about their marketshare, and for that reason, very similar to the FDA's and BP.

Last edited:

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
they are just making it blatantly obvious that BT is giving them massive settlements under the table to keep putting more addictive substances into analogs. I want to see who the guys in the FDA are who think that what they are doing is justifiable, they are in no way helping the children by banning ecigs, just forcing the ones who would smoke anyway into normal cigs and destroying a lucrative and much more sensible industry. I really want to see what happens as now they are saying 4/24 the statement will be released? I imagine something wont actually be enacted for a few months at least after this but idk. I want to see what they have to say and how they say it. I hope the court can in some way stop it again using COMMON SENSE.. I don't know if the court will be involved this time? im starting up my DIY now and depending on what happens getting set to be my own vendor for years. very interested on all updates here.

edit: by the way the above poster couldn't have said it better, they will find or build a group that will look like their opposition yet is really part of the chain its frightening how controlling corporations are getting.

Last edited:
Just got an e-mail from the FDA's CTP stating the following.

Updates from the Center for Tobacco Products

The FDA has not issued its proposed rule regarding what additional tobacco products should be regulated by the agency. We are aware that the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association has indicated publicly that they have a copy of our proposal. The proposal is still in draft form and under review. As a matter of policy, the FDA does not share draft rules with outside groups while a rule is still under review.

Anyone have more info on this (e.g. an e-mail or news article in which TVECA says they have a copy of the potentially forthcoming FDA reg)?

TVECA uploaded the proposal today. TVECA.com. Check it out.

Wasn't there an issue in EU about back door negotiations in secret with cigalike companies (TVECA)?

From TVECA website:

I think TVECA announced the FDA deeming regulation is that they want to establish themselves as "the voice of the ecig market" and squash the standing of any others. It's about positioning, esp with lawmakers / policy wonks / public health agencies / news services. It's more about discrediting everyone else than it is about attention to themselves. There will also be a few vape industry suppliers that'll buy into their lines and want to join them as eager "wannabes". Corporations are really, really good at marketing.

TVECA's next paragraph should be called comedy except they are serious:

We know they are a joke, but to a journalist this may seem like THE agency to contact for the "other side" of a story. That is exactly what this was designed to do.

Oh and on ... Read only if your blood pressure allows it.

If members of ANTZ complain about "renormalizing smoking", I say agree with them and suggest banning cigalikes (i.e. TVECA member products). Only pv's allowed that don't look like cigarettes. They banned candy cigarettes for the same reason, so why not cigalikes?

Then watch what happens next. I think political maggots will be forced to crawl out in defense of cigalikes (and it's highly unlikely it would pass).

It's pretty clear that TVECA's agenda is more about their marketshare, and for that reason, very similar to the FDA's and BP.

UTVG's products (a member of TVECA) do have eliquids and mods available to retail locations, just not on the website, yet. TVECA does support responsible regulations for liquids and mods. The situation in the EU was tricky and not as clear cut as it may seem to an outsider. TVECA wants to keep electronic cigarettes in the hands of vapors. Yes, people aren't pleased with the outcome of EU, but if you study what could have happened, there were some pretty ugly alternatives. Please refer to other associations. It only takes a minute amount of digging to find Big Tobacco.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
UTVG's products (a member of TVECA) do have eliquids and mods available to retail locations, just not on the website, yet. TVECA does support responsible regulations for liquids and mods. The situation in the EU was tricky and not as clear cut as it may seem to an outsider. TVECA wants to keep electronic cigarettes in the hands of vapors. Yes, people aren't pleased with the outcome of EU, but if you study what could have happened, there were some pretty ugly alternatives. Please refer to other associations. It only takes a minute amount of digging to find Big Tobacco.

You seem to know an awful lot about them. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread