FDA says TVECA claims it has a copy of FDA's e-cig regulatory proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Ray Story was one of the principles in Smoking Everywhere, the company that filed suit against the FDA in 2009 asking for an injunction against product seizures. The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia granted the injunction. That was appealed by the FDA, but by that time, SE was going bankrupt and dropped out of the case. The Intervenor Plaintiff, Soterra, Inc. maker of njoy products continued fighting the FDA and their lawyers made some very impressive arguments. For those who don't know, the three judge panel for the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, upheld the lower court's injunction. At this point, the FDA asked for a rehearing by the full 9-judge panel, and the Appeals court turned them down. The only legal recourse they had left was to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the case. Finally, the FDA figured out that the law wasn't on their side and announced that they would abide by the court ruling.

Ray Story started another company, Wannavape, and is listed of the CEO of TVECA on their web site.About The TVECA | TVECA

Bill is probably right about this whole thing being a grab for getting more members. Today's message on the TVECA home page is
And I might add he did not pay the wonderful law firm that represented his company in the suit against the FDA. I would NEVER purchase a product from such a person such as that. Should he make money,it would only be appropriate for the law firm to sue him and I would hope they would be paid for all their fine work.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
And I might add he did not pay the wonderful law firm that represented his company in the suit against the FDA. I would NEVER purchase a product from such a person such as that. Should he make money,it would only be appropriate for the law firm to sue him and I would hope they would be paid for all their fine work.

That's the beauty of the corporation. Once it's bankrupt, the creditor's are stuck unless you can prove the principles did something financially illegal. Even by the standards of the day back in '09, SE ecigs sucked and their business wasn't sustainable as people found sites like ECF and moved on quickly.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
That's the beauty of the corporation. Once it's bankrupt, the creditor's are stuck unless you can prove the principles did something financially illegal. Even by the standards of the day back in '09, SE ecigs sucked and their business wasn't sustainable as people found sites like ECF and moved on quickly.

I'm one of those people, found ECF, discovered I could buy 5 4081 batteries for the price of one at SE and 3 months later moved on to carto tanks and VV.

:D:vapor:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I'm one of those people, found ECF, discovered I could buy 5 4081 batteries for the price of one at SE and 3 months later moved on to carto tanks and VV.

:D:vapor:

Yeah, my initiation was with BLU. Two kits, and enough cartridges to spend nearly $200 got me about long enough to get an order from China containing manual batteries. Didn't have VVs back then, but my first APV, a Chuck, arrived a little over 6 months later.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yeah, my initiation was with BLU. Two kits, and enough cartridges to spend nearly $200 got me about long enough to get an order from China containing manual batteries. Didn't have VVs back then, but my first APV, a Chuck, arrived a little over 6 months later.

I don't know about you but I found all the blu flavor completely gross and for that reason alone have never touched Johnson Creek eLiquids. Now that is have some idea which cigalikes are owned by who I try hard not to ever spend money with BT.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I don't know about you but I found all the blu flavor completely gross and for that reason alone have never touched Johnson Creek eLiquids. Now that is have some idea which cigalikes are owned by who I try hard not to ever spend money with BT.

There was a time - 2009/2010 when Johnson Creek had some of the best eliquids. Tenn. Cured and their Kona Coffee, Peach Cobbler and some liked their ice cream flavors - they were favorites around here, and Tenn. Cured used to compete for no.1 vape with Janty's RY4. Then they changed everything. In fact, I got an order of their 'new stuff' and returned it. To their credit it was a flawless return. But even at that time and after the first FDA intrusion - blocking shipments, confiscating product, etc., Johnson Creek started 'looking ahead' to some kind of regulation and began planning for it - way before anyone else afaik.

Since, there are some who like the newer stuff - it's been 'reworked' since the initial transformation and there were many 'coil problems' with their ejuice and some was quite thin and leaky where others weren't. I don't know if they've solved all of that, but the point is, they've looked for regulation for a long time and it is no wonder that they are one of the companies that seem to welcome it.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
There was a time - 2009/2010 when Johnson Creek had some of the best eliquids. Tenn. Cured and their Kona Coffee, Peach Cobbler and some liked their ice cream flavors - they were favorites around here, and Tenn. Cured used to compete for no.1 vape with Janty's RY4. Then they changed everything. In fact, I got an order of their 'new stuff' and returned it. To their credit it was a flawless return. But even at that time and after the first FDA intrusion - blocking shipments, confiscating product, etc., Johnson Creek started 'looking ahead' to some kind of regulation and began planning for it - way before anyone else afaik.

Since, there are some who like the newer stuff - it's been 'reworked' since the initial transformation and there were many 'coil problems' with their ejuice and some was quite thin and leaky where others weren't. I don't know if they've solved all of that, but the point is, they've looked for regulation for a long time and it is no wonder that they are one of the companies that seem to welcome it.

At this point I am hoping beyond hope that someone like VOLT can survive this. I cannot drive with larger mods and have to rely on cigalikes for that (Serious arthritis in my hands + very small hands). I do have a pair of old fashioned Joyetech 510s that someone gifted me (the 3 piece setup) but no telling how long those will hold up. I just found out green smoke is now Altria (grrrrrrrrrrrr). Blu is gross and BT owned. Not seeing many options for someone like me atm. I will stop vaping in the car before I give money to BT.

Call me insane on that but it is a personal principal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread