FDA seizing new shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I too wrote my Congressman and both Senators thanks to Vocalek's excellent form letter. It really made the process sooooo much easier and to the point. Thanks Elaine!!

Everyone listen up!!
Please send your elected representatives a personalized copy of Vocalek's letter she has posted in this thread. This stepped up confiscation policy by the fDa needs to be stopped by any means necessary. :-x

As did I. It took less than twenty minutes to write all three: One representative and two senators. Thanks to Elaine for the text and the links. Everyone: please do it. As t9c said, this has simply GOT. TO. STOP.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
As I posted in another thread - the FDA has a nasty history of acting contrary to, or at least in defiance of the U.S. Courts. If this is indeed still legal (which unfortunately it probably is) it certainly should be clear to Federal Justices that the FDA has no qualms about running roughshod around the fringes of the law and at the very least is in clear defiance of the Justices' legal findings. A question for yvilla or anyone else who has legal experise: Might this also be a 'round-about' back-up plan at getting another bite out of the apple, so to speak, in the event the FDA is not granted a rehearing en banc? By that I mean, if any other e-cig company sues or in any other way seeks some legal redress, wouldn't that have to again be litigated in Federal Court?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I've got my own personal issue with the FDA on an order I placed to Sweden for some Swedish snus on the 31st, It left Sweden on Jan 3rd, arrived in Philadelphia Jan 4th and in tracking states- "01/04/2011 3:29 A.M. UPS is processing shipment for future submission to the Food/Drug Admin and/or dept of AG PPQ."

Looks like the FDA has way too much time and money on their hands!

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for posting the letter, Elaine!!

When you load the ECF home page, the very top of the page has a heading Boston e-cig users wanted for research with a link to janetda's post regarding Boston Vapers.

Who can do this for an FDA letter writing campaign?

I intend to write a letter to the judges that passed the ruling against the FDA, also. Just when I think I've seen everything, government just continues to amaze and disgust me.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Thanks for posting the letter, Elaine!!

When you load the ECF home page, the very top of the page has a heading Boston e-cig users wanted for research with a link to janetda's post regarding Boston Vapers.

Who can do this for an FDA letter writing campaign?

I intend to write a letter to the judges that passed the ruling against the FDA, also. Just when I think I've seen everything, government just continues to amaze and disgust me.

Brewlady you'll need to contact the Mods. I know SmokeyJoe used to do it for us, but he seems to be more behind the curtain now and I'm not sure who takes care of it... maybe Rolygate?

Can't tell you how disheartened I was yesterday, and how much more encouraged I feel today after seeing everyone spring into action. This community is awesome! Bill spoke with my partner, Chris tonight for quite a while and hopefully more vendors who are in the same boat as we will contact him as well. We can't let them bully us!
-Cheryl @ cherryvape

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Just when I think I've seen everything, government just continues to amaze and disgust me.
We have seen nothing. I am simply thankful for the little time I have left to still pretend to be free.

I intend to write a letter to the judges that passed the ruling against the FDA,
Smart Brewlady! Much more effective.

All this being said, I too fooled myself into thinking I am free and sent my letter.

Treece

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
In addition to writing letters to our representatives (imperative--and thanks, Elaine!), I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to contact Congressman Darrell Issa, the new chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

The FDA is on Issa's "hit list," and I've read at least a couple of articles by conservatives speculating that FDA's Josh Sharfstein (rabid nicotine prohibitionist and anti e-cig) resigned because he feared Issa:

Congressman Darrell Issa’s chairmanship of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has already had an effect on Democrats in the Obama Administration, even before Issa has hosted a congressional oversight hearing. The announcement of the resignation of Josh Sharfstein, the Deputy Commissioner at Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is likely just the first of many such resignations that will occur as Executive agency leaders in the Obama Administration realize that their misguided policies can’t stand up to public scrutiny.
Issa's Early Effect - Lurita Doan - Townhall Conservative

Seems to me certainly worth a shot to contact him: http://issa.house.gov/#

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
In addition to writing letters to our representatives (imperative--and thanks, Elaine!), I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to contact Congressman Darrell Issa, the new chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

The FDA is on Issa's "hit list," and I've read at least a couple of articles by conservatives speculating that FDA's Josh Sharfstein (rabid nicotine prohibitionist and anti e-cig) resigned because he feared Issa:

Congressman Darrell Issa’s chairmanship of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has already had an effect on Democrats in the Obama Administration, even before Issa has hosted a congressional oversight hearing. The announcement of the resignation of Josh Sharfstein, the Deputy Commissioner at Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is likely just the first of many such resignations that will occur as Executive agency leaders in the Obama Administration realize that their misguided policies can’t stand up to public scrutiny.

Issa's Early Effect - Lurita Doan - Townhall Conservative

Seems to me certainly worth a shot to contact him: Congressman Issa

In situations like this... I'm a big believer in the "Shotgun" method
of getting attention and results....

Pull back both hammers and pull both triggers at the same time.
Contact everyone simultaneously expressing concerns regarding the outlaw FDA's actions

Last edited:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
In situations like this... I'm a big believer in the "Shotgun" method
of getting attention and results....

Pull back both hammers and pull both triggers at the same time.Contact everyone simultaneously expressing concerns regarding the outlaw FDA's actions

I can attest to the fact that this is quite effective in stopping a threat. Oh..forgot where I was for a minute.
I concur, I am now going to send a note to Congressman Issa. I encourage all others to also send letters. Full force - straight ahead.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread