FDA seizing new shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
I can attest to the fact that this is quite effective in stopping a threat. Oh..forgot where I was for a minute.
I concur, I am now going to send a note to Congressman Issa. I encourage all others to also send letters. Full force - straight ahead.:vapor:

Letter to Congressman Issa done!. Go here and do it..Please. Contact Darrell Issa

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
What an excellent suggestion. I contacted my Representative & Senator - Thank you for making the process so easy!

There are a couple of neat tools on the web to track down the contact information for your elected represenatives.

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Select your State and you are on your way.

Example of a short and sweet letter:

Dear ______________

Please tell the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to stop wasting taxpayer money on their attempts to ban electronic cigarettes as "unapproved drug-delivery devices." Two levels of the U.S. federal court system have told the FDA they cannot seize incoming shipments and that they should be regulating the products under the tobacco Act. Yet the FDA persists in wasting our tax dollars on filing more appeals. They also continue to seize incoming shipments in defiance of the court orders. That costs money, too.

[Insert personal story here]

The American Association of Public Health Physicians has stated that products like the electronic cigarette could save the lives of 4 million of the 8 million U.S. smokers who would otherwise die of smoking related disease within the next 20 years. The FDA is supposed to helps save lives. Please don't allow them to kill smokers. Contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
Phone number

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Letter to my congressman:

Good morning, Congressman Neal

I am writing to you because the FDA has continued to seize shipments of electronic cigarettes going through U.S. customs despite the court order to cease and desist such actions. I am furious that a government agency is trying to ban an innovation that was created to allow current smokers to still get nicotine using a delivery system that mimics the pleasurable aspects of smoking while eliminating the over 4,000 carcinogens known to be found in today's tobacco cigarette.

I started smoking when I was 13, and smoked for 36 years. I tried every method of quitting, and nothing worked. I purchased my first personal vaporizer (which is really a more accurate term, since there is no combustion, the user exhales a harmless vapor) five months ago. That was also the last day I ever bought a pack of cigarettes. PLEASE visit CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association, this website has so much information on tobacco harm reduction.

It defies reason that the FDA would prefer that I continue to smoke. Their actions are NOT in my best interest. Thousands of U.S. citizens have discovered what the FDA is trying to hide. This WORKS. If you have doubts, read some of the testimonials on www.e-cigarette-forum.com. I have spent vast amounts of time researching this product, which contains nicotine, FDA approved propylene glycol, FDA approved vegetable glycol, and FDA approved flavorings. I feel better than I have in years.

PLEASE, I urge you to take action in this matter. I do not want our government to force me to use tobacco. I have found a healthier alternative, that has improved my health, and the health of thousands of AMERICANS. Something is very wrong with our country when an innovation meant to help us is squelched by the very agency that should be singing it's praises.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
While listening to the President's speech the other day in Tucson...
I heard him say, "We should do everything we can do to make sure
this country lives up to our children’s expectations”

My daughter is no longer a child but I called her anyway and asked
her if she would expect the FDA to obey the law? She said yes.
I then asked to speak to my grand-child and asked the same question.
Same answer.

So I wrote another letter and pointed out what the President said and
the results of my limited survey. I wrote: "Do you agree with what the
President said? If so, what do you suggest I tell my family...
They want to know why the FDA is allowed to break the law?

As a reference: I included a YouTub video link of the President’s speech

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
There are a couple of neat tools on the web to track down the contact information for your elected represenatives.

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Select your State and you are on your way.

Example of a short and sweet letter:

Dear ______________

Please tell the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to stop wasting taxpayer money on their attempts to ban electronic cigarettes as "unapproved drug-delivery devices." Two levels of the U.S. federal court system have told the FDA they cannot seize incoming shipments and that they should be regulating the products under the Tobacco Act. Yet the FDA persists in wasting our tax dollars on filing more appeals. They also continue to seize incoming shipments in defiance of the court orders. That costs money, too.

[Insert personal story here]

The American Association of Public Health Physicians has stated that products like the electronic cigarette could save the lives of 4 million of the 8 million U.S. smokers who would otherwise die of smoking related disease within the next 20 years. The FDA is supposed to helps save lives. Please don't allow them to kill smokers. Contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
Phone number

sent..........

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
"We should do everything we can do to make sure this country lives up to our children’s expectations”

Really? So the children are in charge now. 'An Xbox in every bedroom instead of a chicken in every pot....and instead of fear itself, we have nothing to fear except a level 10 Zegomorph armed with a 10,000-watt gamma blaster.

And what about my expectations Mr. Prez....don't they count anymore? Like, I don;t know....maybe the rule of law and fightingt corruption?

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
Our children grow up with a naive expectation that govt is their friend. Obama's take on that was that it would be a novel idea to try to live up to that expectation. It is after all today's children that will be running tomorrow's world.
Wouldn't it be nice to lead them by example? I think that was his idea. The FDAs running roughshod over the rule of law, and approving drugs that openly cause cancer whilst blocking solutions that avoid cancer, kinda puts a boot in that idealistic view don't ya think?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
In addition to writing letters to our representatives (imperative--and thanks, Elaine!), I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to contact Congressman Darrell Issa, the new chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

The FDA is on Issa's "hit list," and I've read at least a couple of articles by conservatives speculating that FDA's Josh Sharfstein (rabid nicotine prohibitionist and anti e-cig) resigned because he feared Issa:

Issa's Early Effect - Lurita Doan - Townhall Conservative

Seems to me certainly worth a shot to contact him: Congressman Issa
Darrell Issa is awesome.

Not that it has anything to do with him living in the same city of Vista, CA that I live in.
I have spoken with him in the past regarding the electronic cigarette issue.

As far as I know, he stands with us.

He is good people, and his heart is in the right place.
I just hope that big government doesn't corrupt him, but you never know.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and letters written and sent.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Darrell Issa is awesome.

Not that it has anything to do with him living in the same city of Vista, CA that I live in.
I have spoken with him in the past regarding the electronic cigarette issue.

As far as I know, he stands with us.

He is good people, and his heart is in the right place.
I just hope that big government doesn't corrupt him, but you never know.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and letters written and sent.

If you live in his district you should really press his aides when it's announced when Issa's committee will hold hearings regarding the FDA.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I could probably figure this out myself, but you seem to know more than I do about it...

So how do I go about identifying his aides?
And how would I go about knowing when the hearings are coming up?

If you don't have any focused information, that's cool, I will check into myself but I thought I'd at least ask you.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread