FEB CONTEST..............FDA and US give me your take on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
FDA is like most other gubernant angencies - a few squeaky wheels make a lot of noise so they jump in saying we'll do something about that. Problem is that they start in a rush without proper or full knowledge of the situation. They will do what the money says to whatever extent they can get away with. I agree that some control is needed or else industry would go wild and there would be many bad/harmful products. On the other hand, over regulation will do major damage to the industry.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
3386832261_3dabca2830_b.jpg

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I think fda is no different than any other government agency -- in bed with big business, and looking out for the corporate interest, not the little guy. They don't care about the addict, or the smoker, or the former smoker. They only care if his insurance will cover their "treatment."

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
I could liken the FDA...and all such agencies...to a boat ...or in this case a huge gigantic steam liner (the Titanic comes to mind...lol) ....with an anchor...which is a tethering sort of device....The "boat" can drift so far...perhaps to the extremes of the length of the anchors chain or rope...but will then be limited in its range of travel...
Sometimes the boat drifts from one extreme to the other...but it is generally a gradual process...it may move so as to be almost imperceptible to the human eye...measured only by numbers ...opinion polls...letters to your congressmen..and stats ..such as research papers,clinical trial results and lab reports...(and tracked via constellations on clear nights ...or thru the use of Viking Sunstones :rolleyes:...but I digress...)
When the boat gets pulled too far one way, corrections may be made...in the case of the FDA..thru the outcry of the populace or other pressing matter ...such as Ohio becoming known more for it's ambulance runs rather than its Buckeyes...
It may be decided that a larger heavier anchor ( regulations) may be needed in particularly stormy environs....or that maybe the boat should just come into harbor until the worst of the storm passes...:rolleyes:
But...much like my analogy to the Titanic...due to its enormous size this ship cannot be turned on a dime....and changes will need to be made, but will take time to assimilate into this cumbersome massive slow moving system.
Patience...endurance...perseverance will bring changes....just watch out for those icefields ...

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
As with most things that are known to us to be safe by common sense, I believe in education, not regulation...so lets educate not regulate! So if we find through education that something is bad...get rid of it! If something is bad, why should it be regulated? Why should something good be regulated?
FDA could Study products uses & or effects in general: Classify by 1,2, 3, etc...poison, food, drug, etc. All with a purpose per use, each listed with it's ingredients and or cautions etc. FDA & EPA could become the educator's, not regulator's! Then maybe we could stop them from the manipulation, corruption, bureaucracy, etc; by a
more common sense method for the products we like & choose by educating ourselves of what works for the particular individual, us!.....................BUT then again, it's always something or, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink? Ok, who cares? No matter what you do, someones gonna screw it up? So what! Let this one person OD, get poisoned, over eat etc; even after being educated! Don't let what ones problem is, effect everything because the way they have it now, FDA etc; is basically bringing very serious, elementary rules, regulations & laws that is like saying: Because Billy & Martha talked out of turn in class, the whole class has to be punished. So to me that's the way it is.
The FDA is saying that this vapor may be hazardous to a certain individual, per say. Well, it's been written & studied so far as to the products definition, ingredients, usage, etc; per an individual & the education part is there for all to see.
I'll stop there. The bottom line is Education but now a days, everyone's afraid to say anything without some big scientific proof backing that cost a zillion $'s & or being sued for ??? So they regulate, a big word that covers something, they don't know what to do about and by the time they could prove it's safe, a basic vape device will cost you an arm and a leg! :laugh: So to regulate, is not to educate but to control your choice, you don't even have to think about it, it's all taken care of for you. I believe in education & the truth will set you free, to a common sense choice of your products and a much more simpler, cost effective way. Think about it! Just my :2c: Don't even get me into the big biz $'s & controls etc. I don't want to go there! :unsure:

its-always-something-gilda-radner.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread