Feedback- shipped???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I do understand that, I often receive a package before it is even shown as being delivered from our main distribution point to the local Post Office... In this instance ( and many others that have been reported here and other places ) it has been in the hands of the Post Office for over 24hrs. Chris had even mentioned having issues with this at this particular PO so from the sound of it... the problem needs to be moved up to the higher ups in USPS so it can be addressed. Most USPS offices have good employee's that do their work in a timely manner... it seems that it is just a few certain ones that I often see complaints from.

Randy

I 100% understand. I have a hard time not being the devil's advocate ;)

Not long ago I had a priority mail package from GV take 6 business days to get to me. It bounced around NY for a while, then around Atlanta for a while before it decided to head up to the mountains. In fact, it actually went back and forth between the SAME sorting facilities. USPS is crap anymore. I wish there were other options with reasonable shipping and a better reputation.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I 100% understand. I have a hard time not being the devil's advocate ;)

Not long ago I had a priority mail package from GV take 6 business days to get to me. It bounced around NY for a while, then around Atlanta for a while before it decided to head up to the mountains. In fact, it actually went back and forth between the SAME sorting facilities. USPS is crap anymore. I wish there were other options with reasonable shipping and a better reputation.

Is this the same priority package that was delivered the day AFTER my first class package that was mailed the same day? And mine had to go a bit farther?

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Is this the same priority package that was delivered the day AFTER my first class package that was mailed the same day? And mine had to go a bit farther?

Possibly, it's the only one that I've come on here to gripe about ;) Every shipment I've ordered since, I've chosen first class mail. NY Priority shipping can kiss my behind. It's the only place I've ever had priority mail shipping issues from. It's happened more than once, but not to that extent.

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
Priority Mail®

Shipment Accepted

April 27, 2012, 12:14 pm

WHITESTONE, NY 11357

Expected Delivery By:
April 30, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

Electronic Shipping Info Received

April 26, 2012

My problem with this is Bad said he dropped off the packages 4/26/12 if this is so ,they held the package 24 hours before accepting it into their system.
So now instead of getting the package on Saturday,I wont get it til Monday.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In case anyone is curious, this is from the USPS FAQ's

A description of the most common scan information that you may see when tracking a package is as follows:

•“Electronic Shipping Info Received” – This scan indicates that the shipper has notified the Postal Service™ that they intend to submit the item for processing and delivery.
•“Acceptance” –This scan indicates that a Postal Service employee has accepted the item at a post office or that the carrier has picked up the item at a customer’s residence/business.
•“Processed Through Sort Facility” – This scan indicates that the item has processed through and left a Postal Service processing facility. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
•“Arrival at Unit” – This scan indicates that the item was scanned at the final postal unit where delivery of the item will take place.
•“Processing Complete” – This scan indicates, for Delivery Confirmation™, Signature Confirmation™, and Express Mail® services, that the item has arrived at the Post Office™ for delivery.
•“Out-for-Delivery” - This scan indicates that the item has been given to a carrier for delivery to its final destination or placed in the customer’s Post Office Box.
•“Notice Left” – This scan indicates that the item is ready for pickup at the Post Office. If it is unclaimed after a certain number of days it will be returned to the sender.
•“Delivered” – This scan indicates that the item has been picked up by or delivered to the final recipient.
•“Refused” – This scan indicates that the item was refused by the recipient at the final delivery address and will be returned to the sender.
•“Forwarded” – This scan indicates that the item has been forwarded to a different address. This is due to forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code™ on the item was incorrect.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

My problem with this is Bad said he dropped off the packages 4/26/12 if this is so ,they held the package 24 hours before accepting it into their system. ...

It all depends on what time a person drops off a Package at the Post Office and how Busy the Post Office is that day.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I guess to be fair to the USPS, we need to remember it could be worse. I used to order a lot from a company in AZ that used Fed EX. Since we don't have Fed Ex delivery to home, they would ship it part of the way then turn it over to USPS for final delivery. FE would take a week to get the package to Atlanta, then a few days for it to come via USPS to me. If they just used USPS, they could have had it to my door before FE got it to Atlanta. :(

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
It all depends on what time a person drops off a Package at the Post Office and how Busy the Post Office is that day.

I guess your right about that, I was under the impression they were dropped of in the morning yesterday.
I used to work for UPS and getting out packages on time was a top priority. That said UPS is strong and getting stronger. The Postal service on the other hand is all but shut down.

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
In some ways, we have turned into a "30 Minutes or Less" society.

Sure, the USPS has some Issues, but it's also about the Cheapest way to go for many items. I don't get too Bent when something takes a Day or Two Longer than perhaps it says it should.

Do you get bent when you purchase something and it doesn't work,or do you say well it was the cheapest way to go so if it don't work it's my tough luck.
I'm not getting too bent.I've found A company that I like to do business with,and everything about this company is great except there seems to be a problem with their shipping.
I'm not saying that GotVapes is at fault here.Just wish there shipping was better.I paid for Priority Shipping and just wish that would have happened. Priority Shipping is a upgrade to regular shipping insuring you get your package in 3 days.
I paid that premium and did not get it. That is my problem.
OK enough said on this from me.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you get bent when you purchase something and it doesn't work...

Not really.

I can try every type of Carto/Atty out there EVERY Month and it is Still Cheaper than Smoking Analogs.

BTW - I wasn't trying to say you or Anyone else here was Bent over anything.

:D

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Do you get bent when you purchase something and it doesn't work,or do you say well it was the cheapest way to go so if it don't work it's my tough luck.
I'm not getting too bent.I've found A company that I like to do business with,and everything about this company is great except there seems to be a problem with their shipping.
I'm not saying that GotVapes is at fault here.Just wish there shipping was better.I paid for Priority Shipping and just wish that would have happened. Priority Shipping is a upgrade to regular shipping insuring you get your package in 3 days.
I paid that premium and did not get it. That is my problem.
OK enough said on this from me.

i feel your pain brother. seems the same kind of things happen to my packages all the time. every time i kick myself cuz i could have saved most of the shipping and still got it in the same amount of time
:(
mine also wont come until monday instead of sat. if i planned to wait until monday then the priority shipping was a waste....
anyhow thanks GV for the good work getting everything out quick

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
In dealing with several other vendors and <<first class shipping>> i get package sooner than gotvapes but i believe its that post office they have to deal with and not gotvapes , this is not the first time as well this has happened with my order from them, to me its no big deal .
I was surprised when i could not get first class and had to use priority mail but Dan mentioned he made a mistake in a decimal when listed the weight of vivi nova and so another 2 small items and package exceeded 13oz according to the mistake.
After all he was pressing to get these items listed and even spelled Phoenix wrong at first as i recall.
Kudo's go out to Dan and company .
My main concern is not the shipment time but the performance now of product.
Time will tell.

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
Well I can't say I'm very impressed by USPS either. I got a shipping notification from GV on 26th March, I heard from USPS that it had been sent on the 10th April. It then did a waltz around various points in NY and says it was processed in Jamaica NY on 23rd April, so all its got to do next is cross the Atlantic! Good thing I am patient, I guess I'll get to try the C8 one of these days! To be fair, this is not normally the case and previous orders have gone through much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread