Feedback when we "get our hands slapped".

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I would like to suggest that when a mod finds it appropriate to edit or delete a post, that it shows up in our "Alert" stream.

For example, in post I got edited. I am not disagreeing with the edit at all, it was an innocent mistake on my part, and I think the mod realized it by the way they politely did the edit. However, I would never had known it if I hadnt have scrolled back into the history of the thread and saw it.

I cant help but wonder if I have other historical posts that got edited that I dont even realize, and therefor dont make the effort to correct/prevent future occurrences.

Sure would hate to make the mistake multiple times and have the mods think I am disregarding their corrective attempts.

Sometimes we know when we are pushing the limits, and yeah, we expect the frying pan then. Sometimes it is quite unintentional and easy avoided once pointed out (like via Alert stream).

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
My bad, it was there, 3 pages back (busy day I guess), but it was there. Sorry.....

In the words of an old classic:

upload_2017-7-3_15-29-55.jpeg

Reactions: Robino1

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
We generally do provide a reason directly to the individual when an edit or deletion is performed. Should show up in the alerts when it's done. Bear in mind, only 4 days of alerts are saved to your profile. Anything older than that goes **poof** at the end of each day.

Reactions: mikepetro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread