Feel like Im vaping too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you heaps for the suggestion on the innokin VV as I do like the "pen style" form factor. I've also had a look at a Kangertech Subvod starter deck. Would this work well with a nautilus tank as well?

There must be issues buying hardware in NZ, @hellivioze ?

The subvod is a KIT made up of the battery and the tank. There are two versions.

I would not recommend using the 18mm Mini Nautilus on the 18mm subvod (there is a fatter one).... even 1.2ohm coils are a little weak on the subvod battery.

Reactions: hellivioze

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Hi @hellivioze

You sound like you are doing OK... good job. :)

A few comments. (I'll try to be precise and talk about general stuff).

20 cigs a day is/was not that heavy compared to some. The 2-pack smokers often used 36mg even, but that was with early tech hardware.

Using a low-power device, 24mg was at one point in time a very popular strength.

I would say that we have a lot of evidence to say the most widely-used strength when these devices (eGo e-cigs) were the talk of the community (2012/13) that 18mg was the more common (of the two).

These days, people think of 18mg as quite strong and 24mg as almost insanity... I can assure you it is not.
The early days vaping are tough and it's not just the Nicotine.

If it's working, keep vaping.

From what I've seen and heard (and read) if we consider you are vaping the same as the eGo/clearomizer vapers back in 2012/13 then 18 or 24 was normal and 2-3ml is actually a little lower than many.

f.w.i.w. I used 18mg, an eGo and cartomizers/clearomizer/cartotanks.

3ml was what it took. I never managed to stop with 24mg cig-a-likes and campaign against them to this day. We need them on sale, but they are not good, really.

It actually took the e-cig industry a while to make a battery and tank that was able to emit as much Nicotine as a cigarette and even with that level in the vapor, the yield to the user was never able to lift the blood-level of Nictoine to match smoking.

Basically, it's highly likely that no e-cig can solve cravings 100%. You have to keep yourself 'topped up' to even out your Nicotine over a day and will never get the 'high' of a smoke.... that's why many people quit vaping and say it's rubbish.

Thank you very much for this information. I know that a pack a day smoker isn't that heavy compared to quite a few people including my father and a grandmother of an ex who both smoked double what I did.

I had tried a cig-a-like a few years back with 24mg but I didn't like it at all and went back to smoking within a few days. I only looked back into it because I had seen how low the ego battery type prices had come with better products coming into the market so decided to try it out.

My brother started vaping before me with the same setup but with 18mg and it just wasn't strong enough for me so with that, past experience with the cig-a-like and a bit of reading, put me on to the 24mg.

And it is definitely working

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@OP
The goal was to stop smoking. Looks like you have done that and are happy. YAY!! Congrats. Think of this as a journey and experiment whenever you feel like it. If you want to upgrade by all means do so. Everyone has to go along their own path.

Vaping is so much fun compared to smoking that boring, no taste stinkie.

Just be sure to increase your water/liquid intake as vaping does dry out your mouth, nose and throat. Dehydration is no joke and can come on quickly so be aware and prevent it by drinking lots more liquids.

You will marvel at how your sense of taste will come back and will change as your body gets rid of the toxins it got from smoking. You have so much good stuff to look forward to.

Again, congrats.

Of course, if you have questions, by all means ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

ECF is open 24/7 and its members are among the greatest people you will ever meet.

:)

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
There must be issues buying hardware in NZ, @hellivioze ?

The subvod is a KIT made up of the battery and the tank. There are two versions.

I would not recommend using the 18mm Mini Nautilus on the 18mm subvod (there is a fatter one).... even 1.2ohm coils are a little weak on the subvod battery.

Its a little pricy here compared to other countries even when factoring in taxes and currency exchange. And from a wide range of stores that I have looked at, just don't really have much to choose from.

Thank you for that information by the way. Highly appreciated

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Lol, if you're happy with what you have, and it's working, don't change a thing! I said there's nothing wrong with it, and I meant it. The I30/Nauti will buy you some better battery life and flavor, and a bigger tank. That's convenient, but not necessary. The Subvod is going to be a lot more powerful than what you are using. A lot. Gobs of vapor, and you'll run through juice and battery quicker. You'd probably have to cut down on nic to stand it. Subohming is powerful. I'm not saying don't-- I subohm all day-- I'm saying understand you're changing your vape a great deal if you do.
Thank you. It is just a CE4 tank but Im happy with it especially as a beginners device. Even before it arrived I started looking at better products as I did a bit more reading into it and the istick 30 was one of the ones that I had my eye on. And funny enough, So was the Aspire Nautilus tank after watching and reading a few reviews. I just didn't know if upgrading to anything was a wise choice especially when Im happy with what I have but it is really tempting.

Thank you heaps for the suggestion on the innokin VV as I do like the "pen style" form factor. I've also had a look at a Kangertech Subvod starter deck. Would this work well with a nautilus tank as well?

I am about to buy another one just like the one I have as the battery runs out at the worst times but I am also loving the battery time on it too. That backup would be great

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
@OP
The goal was to stop smoking. Looks like you have done that and are happy. YAY!! Congrats. Think of this as a journey and experiment whenever you feel like it. If you want to upgrade by all means do so. Everyone has to go along their own path.

Vaping is so much fun compared to smoking that boring, no taste stinkie.

Just be sure to increase your water/liquid intake as vaping does dry out your mouth, nose and throat. Dehydration is no joke and can come on quickly so be aware and prevent it by drinking lots more liquids.

You will marvel at how your sense of taste will come back and will change as your body gets rid of the toxins it got from smoking. You have so much good stuff to look forward to.

Again, congrats.

Of course, if you have questions, by all means ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

ECF is open 24/7 and its members are among the greatest people you will ever meet.

Thank you very much. Quitting smoking has been on my mind for a while now and this has given me a way to do it as you're right about the fun. The flavours are a big positive too. Can't wait until I can experience flavours to their full potential and look forward to getting healthier.

Also, I noticed the dehydration a couple of days ago so increased my liquid intake accordingly which of course also meant increasing my use of the toilet. This is actually the first time I have read about it and had just assumed my dehydration was due to vaping. My first sign was my headaches and have had experience of dehydration in the past so knew what the signs were.

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Lol, if you're happy with what you have, and it's working, don't change a thing! I said there's nothing wrong with it, and I meant it. The I30/Nauti will buy you some better battery life and flavor, and a bigger tank. That's convenient, but not necessary. The Subvod is going to be a lot more powerful than what you are using. A lot. Gobs of vapor, and you'll run through juice and battery quicker. You'd probably have to cut down on nic to stand it. Subohming is powerful. I'm not saying don't-- I subohm all day-- I'm saying understand you're changing your vape a great deal if you do.

Thank you for this. This information means a lot and will help me in the future. I will consider the istick 30/nautilus setup if I do decide to upgrade.

Reactions: suprtrkr

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thank you very much. Quitting smoking has been on my mind for a while now and this has given me a way to do it as you're right about the fun. The flavours are a big positive too. Can't wait until I can experience flavours to their full potential and look forward to getting healthier.

Also, I noticed the dehydration a couple of days ago so increased my liquid intake accordingly which of course also meant increasing my use of the toilet. This is actually the first time I have read about it and had just assumed my dehydration was due to vaping. My first sign was my headaches and have had experience of dehydration in the past so knew what the signs were.

LOL, yeah the increased bathroom visits come with the territory. But the increased liquids will also help to flush out those bad toxins too, so it is still a win-win.

It is good that you were aware of dehydration because a lot of the new members aren't and give up on ecigs saying that they are making them sick. Understanding the process can go a long way. I just wish more members who greet the newbies would mention this.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thank you for this. This information means a lot and will help me in the future. I will consider the istick 30/nautilus setup if I do decide to upgrade.
That would be a good choice as these are very reliable products. I have been using the isticks since they came out and my first ones(istick 20) are still going strong even tho they now serve as back-ups as I have upgraded to the istick60tc.
Never be without a back-up unit. The temptation to return to smoking when your battery needs charging is a real challenge. Don't put yourself in that situation. Its too easy to run to the corner store for a pack of smokes.

Reactions: hellivioze

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Honestly, I don't think you need to worry as long as it is working for you. Stay calm and vape on!
For me, if I can't put down my vapes I just go out and do something outdoors.
You live in a beautiful place so I guess that will help you.

Congrats.

Thank you. I am usually quite busy but Im off for a week and honestly just enjoying the spare time I currently have and of course that means doing nothing for some people

Reactions: juicynoos

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
LOL, yeah the increased bathroom visits come with the territory. But the increased liquids will also help to flush out those bad toxins too, so it is still a win-win.

It is good that you were aware of dehydration because a lot of the new members aren't and give up on ecigs saying that they are making them sick. Understanding the process can go a long way. I just wish more members who greet the newbies would mention this.

It really should be mentioned. As I said, you posting is the first time I had read or heard about the dehydration. If I didn't know the signs, I wouldn't have increased my liquid intake and im one of those people that would have kept vaping just to stay away from the cigarettes.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I guess that is the main point. That Im not smoking and that this is the whole reason why I started vaping in the first place

Be proud that you've beaten the analogs. And don't worry about the rest!
I felt like I was Huffin and puffin 28 hours a day when I first started! I did have a slightly more powerful rig when I started tho. Notice I said more powerful not better.
My first backup was an ego and it didn't take long for the pen style to become my preference. Just so convenient, comfortable to use and they do exactly what you need them to.
You haven't mentioned what tank you have but I would suggest to you that your next step should be learning to rebuild your coils. Then maybe look into mixing your own juice. I've become so obsessed with this hobby that it's almost all I think about. But if you do it right it will cost you almost nothing compared to analogs. After 10 months as a vapor I've finally gotten to the point where I know I could go the next two years without spending a penny on vaping. Since I finally quit smoking due to cost more than for health, this has been my goal from the start.
So, hey congrats on your great beginning with this fascinating hobby and I wish you all the best for the future.

Last edited:

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
That would be a good choice as these are very reliable products. I have been using the isticks since they came out and my first ones(istick 20) are still going strong even tho they now serve as back-ups as I have upgraded to the istick60tc.
Never be without a back-up unit. The temptation to return to smoking when your battery needs charging is a real challenge. Don't put yourself in that situation. Its too easy to run to the corner store for a pack of smokes.

It is very easy to go to the store especially when its around the corner whe the battery has died. But I also live with someone who smokes so it is even easier to just pick one up and light it. There have been times where I have thought about it but then I think "I can vape, I don't need a smoke"

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
To the OP:
Congrats on the move to vaping. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about how much more you seem to be vaping compared to how much you were smoking. The main goal was to move away from the analogs, and you've done that. Be aware, though, your body isn't done going through some changes with the move to vaping...
What Happens When You Quit Smoking?
We've all gone though the step listed, though not all of us have experienced them in the same way. Just keep on vaping, and reading these forums...:thumb:

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Be proud that you've beaten the analogs. And don't worry about the rest!
I felt like I was Huffin and puffin 28 hours a day when I first started! I did have a slightly more powerful rig when I started tho. Notice I said more powerful not better.
My first backup was an ego and it didn't take long for the pen style to become my preference. Just so convenient, comfortable to use and they do exactly what you need them to.
You haven't mentioned what tank you have but I would suggest to you that your next step should be learning to rebuild your coils. Then maybe look into mixing your own juice. I've become so obsessed with this hobby that it's almost all I think about. But if you do it right it will cost you almost nothing compared to analogs. After 10 months as a vapor I've finally gotten to the point where I know I could go the next two years without spending a penny on vaping. Since I finally quit smoking due to cost not for health, this has been my goal from the start.
So, hey congrats on your great beginning with this fascinating hobby and I wish you all the best for the future.

I have looked into mixing my own juice especially when it comes to creating my own flavours. The only problem here though is sourcing the nicotine. It is currently illegal for stores to import it for commercial in my country so people have to get it themselves for their personal use. The price of the nicotine itself isn't bad but then you have the shipping cost and it gets a bit expensive. In the long run, It will be cheaper but its that initial purchase which is why I smoked tailor made cigarettes instead of buying RYO tobacco

Reactions: Foggy Road

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
To the OP:
Congrats on the move to vaping. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about how much more you seem to be vaping compared to how much you were smoking. The main goal was to move away from the analogs, and you've done that. Be aware, though, your body isn't done going through some changes with the move to vaping...
What Happens When You Quit Smoking?
We've all gone though the step listed, though not all of us have experienced them in the same way. Just keep on vaping, and reading these forums...:thumb:

Thanks for this and I am very aware of what happens. I've gone smokefree for 6 months before and the first month was hell. I was a student at the time and missed a lot of classes due to being so ill coming off the cigarettes. I will definitely stick around. This is such a great community

Reactions: Foggy Road

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
As far as upgrading...
For me, I didn't think about upgrading until the setup I was using at the time (Joye -eGo-T and their tank cartridges) didn't seem "satisfying" enough for me. I didn't want to go back to anaolags, so I "moved up" to Vision Spinners and ViVi Nova tanks. About a year after that, I moved up to VAMO's and a Nautilus tank. I tried a few mechs (still like them, and have one or two in my "backup" stash). For the past year, my mod of choice has been the IPV4s, and the Arctic V8 tank.
I've also been able to step down regarding the nic level in my juice. I started at 36mg, but that became too strong for after a few months. I went down to 24mg, then 18, then 12. I'm currently at 6mgs, after vaping for 4 years. I'm hoping to get to 3mg at the end of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread