Feel the Fury of the New Go-go FURY !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Can you put these in an ultrasonic cleaner or would it mess them up?

Haven't put 'em through my ultrasonic primarily because they're still going strong. But ... with my Go-tanks I just rinsed with really hot water and that seemed to do the trick. Perhaps with non-tobacco flavored juices that gunk up the coil faster a run through the ultra sonic might be beneficial. I'll let y'all know when I'm forced to clean these up.

stomkat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Oregon, Ohio, United States
I have now resorted to completely dismantling the first ones I purchased and cleaning them. Took the metal ring off the top of the outer plastic, removed the rubber piece and little metal nozzle that it holds. Rinsed everything really well, then put the "body" in the ultrasonic cleaner. Let them dry and put back together making sure the metal top piece is all the way down. It worked like a charm!!!

When they start leaking I was pulling the inner rubber piece up thinking it wasn't snug to the mouthpiece that gets screwed on. I think that makes it not snug enough on the wick material, causing leaks. The initial leaking could be the wick and wire being gunked up from my juice, so new juice being pulled through is running down the tube instead of burning?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I have now resorted to completely dismantling the first ones I purchased and cleaning them. Took the metal ring off the top of the outer plastic, removed the rubber piece and little metal nozzle that it holds. Rinsed everything really well, then put the "body" in the ultrasonic cleaner. Let them dry and put back together making sure the metal top piece is all the way down. It worked like a charm!!!

When they start leaking I was pulling the inner rubber piece up thinking it wasn't snug to the mouthpiece that gets screwed on. I think that makes it not snug enough on the wick material, causing leaks. The initial leaking could be the wick and wire being gunked up from my juice, so new juice being pulled through is running down the tube instead of burning?

I sent you a private email..... ;)

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
FWIW People, I have been vaping "House Blend" in my Go-tanks and performance diminishes after only a few days of heavy vaping. My cleaning method involves a good rinse in very hot water followed by an overnight soak in 91% isopropyl alcohol and it revives them for a few more days. Just keep a rotation going. Anyone else have cleaning suggestions?

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
FWIW People, I have been vaping "House Blend" in my Go-tanks and performance diminishes after only a few days of heavy vaping. My cleaning method involves a good rinse in very hot water followed by an overnight soak in 91% isopropyl alcohol and it revives them for a few more days. Just keep a rotation going. Anyone else have cleaning suggestions?

I would recommend allowing the wicks to dry completely before refilling.

Do you let them to air dry without the whistle tips removed after the alcohol soak?

*Use care when soaking and/or rinsing with very hot water as the sudden rise in temperature can cause surface micro cracks near base and potentially damage the integrity of the tank.
Start out with at least a warm water rinse for best results.

I really do not have to clean my tanks that often unless, I am using a higher ratio VG blended juice in which case the coil and wicks can gunk up relatively quickly not to mention turn your juice into a murky substance resembling used Quaker State motor oil!:facepalm:

SSV2
:smokie:

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
I would recommend allowing the wicks to dry completely before refilling.

Do you let them to air dry without the whistle tips removed after the alcohol soak?

Yeah, actually I stick them in a bag filled with silica gel packets which I save every time I find one. Dries them out super fast. Any specific reason other then getting rid of the alcohol?

*Use care when soaking and/or rinsing with very hot water as the sudden rise in temperature can cause surface micro cracks near base and potentially damage the integrity of the tank.
Start out with at least a warm water rinse for best results.

Excellent tip! You can spot a quality supplier when they tell you how to extend the life of their own semi-disposable products!! Good form Sir.

I really do not have to clean my tanks that often unless, I am using a higher ratio VG blended juice in which case the coil and wicks can gunk up relatively quickly not to mention turn your juice into a murky substance resembling used Quaker State motor oil!:facepalm:

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the QuakerState effect. It seems to be just the one juice though. It's 60/40 PG/VG so maybe I'll try a lower VG% next order. Thanks again.

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
Yeah, actually I stick them in a bag filled with silica gel packets which I save every time I find one. Dries them out super fast. Any specific reason other then getting rid of the alcohol?

Nah, no specific reason other than the best results are more commonly achieved when the wicks are completely dry without any residual moisture on the wicks or coil. Alcohol will of course evaporate faster than water so if that is working for you than all is good in Go-go Nation...Rock on!
The silica gel packs is also a very handy tip.:thumb:

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the QuakerState effect. It seems to be just the one juice though. It's 60/40 PG/VG so maybe I'll try a lower VG% next order. Thanks again.

It certainly helps to use a higher PG blend regardless if your using cartomizers or tanks. Although, it doesn't mean you have to 86 your favorite juice blend just because it is thicker than molasses and mucks up your tanks faster.

The main inconvenience is you just have to clean them more frequently and that can become cumbersome over time. I have the same issue when I am using bottom coil tanks (T3's) that have the replaceable heating coils and wicks. The thicker viscosity juices caramelize faster on the coils and thus, ultimately compromise the vape.

If your using a VV Go-go fury with a Go-cart you can just crank up he voltage when this occurs and not get the dreaded burnt hit.

*On a side note I find that I can crank down the voltage on some 100% PG blends and hit my sweet spot (3.2-3.5 volts) in contrast to when I am vaping a higher VG blend where the sweet spot starts at 3.7 volts or higher!

I like to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to disposable gear. "Who doesn't"?
I have over a dozen Fury tanks I keep in rotation mostly because, I am always experimenting with new flavor blends that we get in stock or from companies sending us samples to try their product, so it is a hassle for me to clean a tank every time I want to switch out a new flavor. My all day vape juice blends I can refill dozens of times in the same tank before cleaning.
I only toss them out when I have abused the hell out of them from excessive cleaning resulting in micro cracks at which point they have well served their purpose long enough.

SSV2

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
What is the resistance of the fury tank?

They have varied in the past anywhere from 2.4 -2.6 ohms.

On average - 2.5 ohms.

We had tested 1.8 -2.2 range resistance on the fury tanks during the beta stages; however, the sweet spot was always more consistent with the average resistance (2.5 ohm) tank atomizer at 3.7 volts on the standard Go-go.

The Go-go Fury dialed any higher than 4.2 volts may cause a burnt taste with thinner PG based juices on anything lower than 2.4 ohms from my experience. E-liquids with a higher ratio of VG (thicker viscosity) respond better to a higher voltage on the Fury batts using the fury tanks anywhere from 3.7 -4.8 volts. Regardless, if you ever should get a dry or burnt taste on the draw check to make sure that the silicone gasket is not pushed down too far over the wicks. This can occur sometimes if you over tighten the whistle tip.

SSV2

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
Coming Soon!!!
The Go-go "M1"

M1 3.jpg

SSV2

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
Yes, spill the beans here. I want to order the Fury, but, first want to know what the M1 is all about before I do that!!!

It looks like a BCC (bottom coil clearomizer). From previous info we've heard here, these will work no problem with the Fury so go for it guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread