Feeling like a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Hi all. First time logged in for over a year. Maybe longer. I was pretty active back in late 2013.

So, in early 2014 I stopped vaping. And I stayed non-vaping or smoking for a while. Then, last fall, I started smoking again - casually at first, and now I'm back up to 1/2 a pack a day. And I'm ready to quit again! I want to come home to vaping - I shouldn't have ever left.

In an effort to get me jazzed about coming back to vaping, I want to get a new mod and accessories to play with. I'm looking for suggestions. I was always okay with simple stick bats with evods and protanks, but I eventually did graduate to VV's and I did own one mech (a segeli, if I recall, forgive my poor spelling). I don't think I need to go back to the complete basics, but I'm not really hip to whats new and great so... before I just go and get the Subox or an itaste (I do like VV's), anyone have some ideas for other similar things I should look at?

And can anyone tell me more about temperature vs ohms and the heating element differences? A friend was trying to tell me about that the other day and he is sweet but, not good at explaining things.

Thanks much!

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i'm not really hip on the TC thing yet - have a device/ tank/ coils that will do it, just have not really messed with it yet...

in regards to the subox - great little kit - only negative, imo, is that the center pin on the mod is fixed, not spring loaded, and can be a little persnickety with toppers other than the subtank (i generally just use it with the subtank, but it is a great little combo - 1.2 ohm or .5 ohm coils, depending on whether you are mouth to lung vaper or lung hitter and comes with a little rba deck too, for rebuilding coils, if you want)... and the new vertical coils with the subox are a big improvement over the original horizontal kanger occ coils...

most of all - welcome back - you are in the right place!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi all. First time logged in for over a year. Maybe longer. I was pretty active back in late 2013.

So, in early 2014 I stopped vaping. And I stayed non-vaping or smoking for a while. Then, last fall, I started smoking again - casually at first, and now I'm back up to 1/2 a pack a day. And I'm ready to quit again! I want to come home to vaping - I shouldn't have ever left.

In an effort to get me jazzed about coming back to vaping, I want to get a new mod and accessories to play with. I'm looking for suggestions. I was always okay with simple stick bats with evods and protanks, but I eventually did graduate to VV's and I did own one mech (a segeli, if I recall, forgive my poor spelling). I don't think I need to go back to the complete basics, but I'm not really hip to whats new and great so... before I just go and get the Subox or an itaste (I do like VV's), anyone have some ideas for other similar things I should look at?

And can anyone tell me more about temperature vs ohms and the heating element differences? A friend was trying to tell me about that the other day and he is sweet but, not good at explaining things.

Thanks much!

If you like Innokin products, I'd HIGHLY recommend their new Coolfire IV; it's running about the same price as iStick 30w's, but you know Innokin, MUCH better quality. Don't be paranoid about the 40w -- it can also fire attys down to .3 ohm (I think that's the lower limit). Innokin does have the vv4's as the upgrade of the vv3's, but why pay that kind of money for something that goes to 11-15w, when for about the same money, you can get something with so much more power and battery life (the Coolfire IV is 2000mAh, not that piddly 1000mAh of the vv4).

More difficult will probably be the atty itself -- what do you like? Low-ohm lung hits, or higher-ohm "tootle puffing"?

2achilles.jpg

Here's my Coolfire4, right next to a Sigelei Zmax (in 18500 mode) for comparison -- both of them wearing Achilles RDAs -- my favorite atty these days; tight draw, outstanding TH, a tootle-puffer's dream come true. :D

Andria

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
You may not take well to all the new subohm clearos, some of which can vape at 80W now. Yes, clearos, lol!

I'm going to recommend the new P4U ipv D2 or Sigelei 75W. Why? They can both vape at low power should you want to use Protanks or Evods. But, they can also grow with you. They have a lot of power should you ever need it. And they can do temperature control should you want to try that later. They cost $50-60 so very reasonable.

You will want some Samsung 25r or Sont vtc4 batteries to use in them, and a good charger.

You might want to start with an Aspire Nautilus mini for a tank. Or maybe a Subtank with the 1.2 ohm coils, but its definitely airier.

Reactions: dcfluegel

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
If you like Innokin products, I'd HIGHLY recommend their new Coolfire IV; it's running about the same price as iStick 30w's, but you know Innokin, MUCH better quality. Don't be paranoid about the 40w -- it can also fire attys down to .3 ohm (I think that's the lower limit). Innokin does have the vv4's as the upgrade of the vv3's, but why pay that kind of money for something that goes to 11-15w, when for about the same money, you can get something with so much more power and battery life (the Coolfire IV is 2000mAh, not that piddly 1000mAh of the vv4).

More difficult will probably be the atty itself -- what do you like? Low-ohm lung hits, or higher-ohm "tootle puffing"?

2achilles.jpg

Here's my Coolfire4, right next to a Sigelei Zmax (in 18500 mode) for comparison -- both of them wearing Achilles RDAs -- my favorite atty these days; tight draw, outstanding TH, a tootle-puffer's dream come true. :D

Andria

I see they have that Coolfire on Discount Vapers site for a decent price. I like the idea of being able to charge while I vape. :p And it comes in pretty colors. Might be something to consider. Thanks for the tip!

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
You may not take well to all the new subohm clearos, some of which can vape at 80W now. Yes, clearos, lol!

I'm going to recommend the new P4U ipv D2 or Sigelei 75W. Why? They can both vape at low power should you want to use Protanks or Evods. But, they can also grow with you. They have a lot of power should you ever need it. And they can do temperature control should you want to try that later. They cost $50-60 so very reasonable.

You will want some Samsung 25r or Sont vtc4 batteries to use in them, and a good charger.

You might want to start with an Aspire Nautilus mini for a tank. Or maybe a Subtank with the 1.2 ohm coils, but its definitely airier.

I am a protank fan - but that's based on 2013 knowledge. What I liked about them: holds a good amount of liquid, easy to clean, heads were cheap.

I like flavor. First juice I'm getting is Unicorn Blood. It's delicious. Clouds are cool but if it doesn't taste amazing, I'm not happy.

Reactions: The Ocelot

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I am a protank fan - but that's based on 2013 knowledge. What I liked about them: holds a good amount of liquid, easy to clean, heads were cheap.

I like flavor. First juice I'm getting is Unicorn Blood. It's delicious. Clouds are cool but if it doesn't taste amazing, I'm not happy.

I still like PT1s. I'm down to one, since the others got smashed over the years :(. I love Unicorn Blood too! Have you tried XTC?

ETA: TC? I'm happy with my vape as it is.

Reactions: DPLongo22

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I still like PT1s. I'm down to one, since the others got smashed over the years :(. I love Unicorn Blood too! Have you tried XTC?

ETA: TC? I'm happy with my vape as it is.

Is XTC another one from Fusion? I haven't tried any of their other juice. I used to get most of my stuff locally. I had just started to expand to online juice shopping right before I tapered off.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

If you liked the Protanks then I think you'll like a Nautilus Mini even more.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Is XTC another one from Fusion? I haven't tried any of their other juice. I used to get most of my stuff locally. I had just started to expand to online juice shopping right before I tapered off.

Yes, it's Fuzion. I got it as part of a sample pack. It might not be your thing, but I had been searching unsuccessfully for a long time for coconut, then stumbled on XTC. I didn't know it was supposed to be coconut, but wow! Actually, I think I'm going to go look for the bottle now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread