smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I am benevolent, you do not have to have a ProVari to touch my blanket. :)

I was imagining

temp2.0x0.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    ROFL... best bumpersticker I've EVER seen: "I'm out of estrogen and I have a gun." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andria

I don't visit FB anymore. 1) Too many ads and friends I don't know; and 2) Their misguided "directed" ads. According to their own algorithm, I'm old, fat and have a gun. Why are they continuing to screw with me?

1avi.jpg

Reactions: Katdarling

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I don't visit FB anymore. 1) Too many ads and friends I don't know; and 2) Their misguided "directed" ads. According to their own algorithm, I'm old, fat and have a gun. Why are they continuing to screw with me?

1avi.jpg

ROFL!!! I don't visit there much anymore either -- they keep asking me if I know this one or that one -- I'm a freakin hermit, how would I know every tom dick and harry on facebook??? I'm already "connected" to pretty much anyone I actually *know*, so it gets very tiresome, and some of the comments on FB... :facepalm: Just more than I can deal with. :D

Andria

Reactions: The Ocelot

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Hi all. First time logged in for over a year. Maybe longer. I was pretty active back in late 2013.

So, in early 2014 I stopped vaping. And I stayed non-vaping or smoking for a while. Then, last fall, I started smoking again - casually at first, and now I'm back up to 1/2 a pack a day. And I'm ready to quit again! I want to come home to vaping - I shouldn't have ever left.

In an effort to get me jazzed about coming back to vaping, I want to get a new mod and accessories to play with. I'm looking for suggestions. I was always okay with simple stick bats with evods and protanks, but I eventually did graduate to VV's and I did own one mech (a segeli, if I recall, forgive my poor spelling). I don't think I need to go back to the complete basics, but I'm not really hip to whats new and great so... before I just go and get the Subox or an itaste (I do like VV's), anyone have some ideas for other similar things I should look at?

And can anyone tell me more about temperature vs ohms and the heating element differences? A friend was trying to tell me about that the other day and he is sweet but, not good at explaining things.

Thanks much!

I'm super new at temp control myself so bare with me. I've had a TC mod for awhile but rarely used it but recently grabbed a iStick 40w with TC and things are moving forward now. My son also grabbed one last night so playing is really taking off now.

These little units are 40 bucks local and darn near free on the innernets. TC tanks range from a Nautilus up to whatever.

Just a perfect vape everything with zero involvement in fiddling. Now I like fiddling but not everybody does. And even I don't like fiddling all the time.

Late I'm gonna throw a TC build on a Derringer. Possibly the smallest controled vape possible.

For a TC tank if you buy your stuff pre-made and local I say buy whats available even if its not 100% your "thing". I buy local and the innernet and I build and have backups to my backups backup. But when I look around local stores I see nickels isn't fully rolled out yet and with over 100000000000000000 choices on the innernet the winner hasn't been picked yet. So find a high volume store and buy what they sell.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Pink? Pshaw! I'm all about purple ZenKote.

Purple_ProVari.jpg

ETA:

taij.gif

I am benevolent, you do not have to have a ProVari to touch my blanket. :)

Actually, there IS only one (both mod and Princess apply here). I love that mod, TO. LOVE it.

Nice crown too. :D

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    For the OP ... don't let them scare you. The more things change .. the more they stay the same.

We still only heat the juice with a battery powered coil and inhale the vapor produced.

OR ... you can be like Smacuser and convert your hair curler into a PV.

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    The Nautilus is a good step in the new direction. It's old school by current standards, but still a popular tank. The sub ohm craze hit a year ago or so and everyone has been trying to blow bigger clouds and suck through 5 ml of juice in a single hit ever since. If clouds aren't your thing, I'd go with the Nauti. Solid piece of gear, coils are available EVERYWHERE. It's a big step up from what was out there 3 years ago. It will work on an old eGo style battery if you still have one around. If you want to upgrade to a newer mod, just make sure it will fire down to the 7 or 8 watt range (a lot of the newer mods won't go below 10W). The nautilus doesn't need much more than that, though some folks swear they can crank it up to 20 watts. I haven't used mine in ages, but I tried it out the other day and it dry hit at 12 watts.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I think appreciation of the Nautilus depends heavily on an appreciation of dual coils -- I personally can't stand 'em, and I thought the Nautilus sucked rocks. *shrug* If you like dual coils, it's probably a great tank.

Andria

And while Andria and I share similar taste in literature, we are polar opposites where Nautilus stuff is concerned. I absolutely love it (just to give a balancing opinion). Again, it's just another of the many truly personal aspects of this vaping adventure that has captured our attention.

Somewhere you will find a vape that pleases you, if you look for it. And whatever it is, I hope it serves you very well.

Finally, welcome back, Tink! I didn't even realize it was you there, until I looked back. It is nice to see you again, and I hope life's been treating you kindly. :)

@AndriaD , read any good books lately (rhetorical)? ;)

Reactions: AndriaD

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I think appreciation of the Nautilus depends heavily on an appreciation of dual coils -- I personally can't stand 'em, and I thought the Nautilus sucked rocks. *shrug* If you like dual coils, it's probably a great tank.

Andria

Ummm.

You may find them rock sucking, but I do not. They work, and they work VERY well for me. In fact, of all the blister packed coils, they might just find their way to top spot in my arsenal.

I really think that it's beyond impossible to tell anyone what to buy or not buy, what is "good" or "not good". Sadly, or fortunately, we all get to try out a whoooooooooooole lot of stuff, then make our own decisions.

So, tinkrrrbell, I'm sure you will get many suggestions, and I might even offer up one or two, but in the end, you'll most likely do what we always did: buy and try. The hip, new, and great stuff that's out today will prolly be outdated in 10 days. (sniff sniff)

If you liked evods and protanks and vv, you just MIGHT like the iTazte V3 or V4, for form and function. I use everything on the block, but still enjoy that small form factor and the Innokin quality every once in awhile.

Good luck. I'm sure with all that's available these days, you'll find a perfect match for yourself! :)

Reactions: DPLongo22

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Ummm.

You may find them rock sucking, but I do not. They work, and they work VERY well for me. In fact, of all the blister packed coils, they might just find their way to top spot in my arsenal.

Right, like I said, if you like dual coils, they're probably great. I've never liked dual coils in any form.

Andria

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 24, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    The result of all the little bit of advice I got was - this. LOL
    Purple Coolfire IV, and a Aerotank v2.

Vaping "Mistress" by Dripped Life. Strawberry Cheesecake, heavy on the cake. I'm told it's an award winning dessert flavor.

I almost bought Unicorn Poop, but I'm about to order Unicorn Blood and I didn't want to OD on fantasy creatures.

And as much as I like purple, that thing smacuser posted looks more like a you know what than a vaporizor. :danger:

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
      IMG_0406.JPG
      197.3 KB · Views: 18
    • IMG_0414.JPG
      IMG_0414.JPG
      240.5 KB · Views: 21
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread