Feels , drags , tastes like a Marlboro Light Which one HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Wow Folks thank you all for all the great suggestions and advise so many to choose from I swear you all brought tears to my eyes with your wonderful suggestions. I thank you my unit thanks you and my son thanks you I have another two months before I go back out to field I hope that with all the helpful information and suggestions I will have the right one . It is day 3 with the cheap old 10dollar ecig I bought and have only smoked about 4 regulars cigs since i purchased it. so I know that switching over will be easy transition. I am proud to be a Recon Daddy in the United States Marines and its people like you whom I fight for not the gov the not pres but you all of yous thank you all. Boodle jonny2hottie uba egar320 Joye Camel brandondparris calico21 dormouse calico21 LusciousPuffs . I also got your six . Semper Fi

Sgt Luis Estrada
USMC 2nd MEU

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Just wanted to say Welcome Home (although probably won't be for long) from a fellow AFG army vet. I got started on ecigs three months ago and am happily vaping along. Started with a ciggie size unit and quickly upgraded to an EGO (riva is a clone of the genuine Joye EGO) for longer battery life and more satisfying vapes. Recently discovered madvapes EGO Mego Dual Coil Cartos that hold a ton of juice and don't burn as easy as the Boges. Give them a try after you get your set up if you get an EGO bat or clone. Very easy to use.
As for mimicking the taste of a Marlboro my advice is not even to try. The tobacco flavors suck and you won't care once you get a good tasting juice. I prefer the mints as well for a good cigarette like throat hit. Get lots of small samples of juice from a JUICE supplier (versus a hardware supplier) and you will discover a world of flavor. Also your tastebuds are recovering from smoking so what you like today you might hate tomorrow (My first fave which I have four 30 ml bottles of now tastes like SOAP - ugh!).
Don't wait too long to (excuse the expression) pull that trigger. Get a real ecig before your 7-11 model dies and you revert back to analogs.
Best of luck.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow Folks thank you all for all the great suggestions and advise so many to choose from I swear you all brought tears to my eyes with your wonderful suggestions. I thank you my unit thanks you and my son thanks you I have another two months before I go back out to field I hope that with all the helpful information and suggestions I will have the right one . It is day 3 with the cheap old 10dollar ecig I bought and have only smoked about 4 regulars cigs since i purchased it. so I know that switching over will be easy transition. I am proud to be a Recon Daddy in the United States Marines and its people like you whom I fight for not the gov the not pres but you all of yous thank you all. Boodle jonny2hottie uba egar320 Joye Camel brandondparris calico21 dormouse calico21 LusciousPuffs . I also got your six . Semper Fi

Sgt Luis Estrada
USMC 2nd MEU

Sgt, I'd like to echo everyone else here when I tell you that my family and I are so grateful for your service. May God bless you and heal you quickly.

I have a bunch of higher nicotine juice samples that I'd love to send your way...a few that are really, really good. That way you don't have to waste money trying out some juices. If you're interested, please PM me your mailing address and I'll send them to you ASAP.

Again, thank you for what you did and for serving your fellow Americans.

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
OoooooooooooRrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Devil Dog
Glad to hear you're on the mend Sgt. Lots have been said already, so I'll keep it short.

NHaler • Smoking Alternatives The Igo...check it out. Hits great, problem free, long battery.

Electronic Cigarette by Halo Prime 15 ejuice. Like it's been said already, there is no actual cig tasting juice. But this stuff is for sure worth checking out.

Good luck, and thanks for your service.

Semper-Fi brother

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
OoooooooooooRrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Devil Dog

Ooorahh Sgt!

I know whatever e-cig model you choose, you'll accomplish your goal. That's what Marines do.

Be safe when you go back. And please drop a line if you have any troubles with the device you choose.

Recon...man, you guys are high speed, low drag lol. Hard core.

Once again, thank you.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
By now, Sarge, you know--having been told 10 or 12 times--that there's no precise replacement for incinerated tobacco.

Nonetheless, there are some that fool my body, even if my mind isn't fooled. They're tobacco flavors, of course, and the Beast Within thinks enough of them to reward me, when vaping them, with a dopamine release.

One is PureCig, from FSUSA: http://freedomsmokeusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_91&products_id=426

Another, also from FSUSA, is Camtel. This is my all-day, everyday vape: http://freedomsmokeusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_90&products_id=78

There's a number of Camel (i.e., Turkish) knockoffs, all of which have names that suggest the "Turkish and domestic blend" thing without actually using the name "Camel." Desert Ship, for instance, is popular.

All share the same scruffy, unrefined approach to a rough cigarette facsimile. Try them all. Try everything. Semper Fi.

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Sgt Estrada, Heal quick and I am hopeful the team took good care of the shooter!!!!! As we approach the tenth aniversary of 9-11 know that there are many of us Stateside that are thankful we have the best forces in the world with the nicest toys protecting our feedom daily.

You have many good suggestions above for hardware and juice. I was a marb light smoker for 28 years (1.5 PAD) and like you bought some POS disposable at a gas station on a whim. I noticed I did not smoke all night and went back and bought three more. I bought a bunch of other stuff then finally found ECF 2 months later. So you are ahead of the curve by getting good advice here. As far as juice I spent a long time chasing the "Marb Light" flavor and never really found it. For about three months I was hooked on Halo juices (Freedom, Torque and Smooth8). All are tobaccos but nothing really tasted like the old white jacketed nails. About three months into it I tried a coffe flavored juice and that was pretty much the end of tobacco flavors for me. So while you are quitting and getting over the initial hurdle try some tobacco juices but grab a coffee or two to try you may be surprised how satisfying they are.

Vaping (or your new found Hobby) can be overwelming when starting out. At least you have found ECF. I am not sure what your post count needs to be in order to PM (5 or 15) but when you can send a PM feel free to ping me. I still have some Halo laying around and I will send some your way if you would like to try before you buy. I also have coffee flavors if you would like some samples. This really is not a big deal so if you would like some just a let me know.

Get well soon and enjoy this time with your son. They are only little for a short time and before you know you will be handing him the keys to your wheels :) Best of luck and happy vapes man!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Sarge, I just gotta add my thanks and admiration to those who have done so already...oooooorrahhhhh Marine, job well done!!!!
...for recommendations, I give the double thumbs up for the Riva 501 from Liberty Flights...read thru the juice reviews on their site and pick one that sounds like what you want...don't bother with the carts that come with the kit, they will just pizz ya off...goto Crystal Clear Vaping and get one of their 15 carto bundles and you should be good to go.......
thank you again for your service!!!!!!!!
madjack:2cool:
p.s.don't forget to click the 20% discount button on the upper left of the Liberty FLights site to get the "good" price...........mj

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
While all of the kits are good suggestions I will revise mye earlier post to suggest you take a look at the Roughstack at MadVapes before being redeployed.

RoughStack V2 Kit

These things can take a hell of a lot of abuse and are very reliable which is what you will need out in the field. A good supply of Boge 2.0 cartos and your favorite juice(s) and you will be set with an easy to use, no fuss and great performing setup.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
While all of the kits are good suggestions I will revise mye earlier post to suggest you take a look at the Roughstack at MadVapes before being redeployed.

RoughStack V2 Kit

These things can take a hell of a lot of abuse and are very reliable which is what you will need out in the field. A good supply of Boge 2.0 cartos and your favorite juice(s) and you will be set with an easy to use, no fuss and great performing setup.

I would second the roughstak for something to take back with you...the roughstak are just that...rough...and tumble mods...easily fixed if broken and you can get more powerful batteries to last a day or two at a time...get several of the Boge2.0 LR bundles from Crystal Clear Vaping and plenty of juice and be the envy of your unit!!!!!!
p.s. no matches or lighter to give away your position as well.....mj
p.s.s. if you get a roughstak, pick up a spare switch to go with it as well...the switch is about the only thing which can go bad on one.........mj

surfsuphere

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
PA - Bethlehem area
Sgt Estrada * you have enough to read by now about what to try.

Solely writing to say a most sincere Thank You for your Duty and Service.

You are a Recon Marine - that is something quite special, you CAN do this.

Your child just gave you an Order to Quit smoking :) Execute Same.

Sempi Fi (and Go Navy)
God Bless

Last edited:

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Sgt, I'd like to echo everyone else here when I tell you that my family and I are so grateful for your service. May God bless you and heal you quickly.

I have a bunch of higher nicotine juice samples that I'd love to send your way...a few that are really, really good. That way you don't have to waste money trying out some juices. If you're interested, please PM me your mailing address and I'll send them to you ASAP.

Again, thank you for what you did and for serving your fellow Americans.

I sit here with my son on my lap showing him all of the wonderful replys suggestions and kindness you have all shown me and I am overwhelmed to hear and see from all of you I have not the words but to say thank you all , and thank you and your family Pheisty for your offer . I ll take a bullet for all yous ,
Luis Estrada
2976 Brookstone Way
Sacramento CA

thank you agian

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Sarge, I just gotta add my thanks and admiration to those who have done so already...oooooorrahhhhh Marine, job well done!!!!
...for recommendations, I give the double thumbs up for the Riva 501 from Liberty Flights...read thru the juice reviews on their site and pick one that sounds like what you want...don't bother with the carts that come with the kit, they will just pizz ya off...goto Crystal Clear Vaping and get one of their 15 carto bundles and you should be good to go.......
thank you again for your service!!!!!!!!
p.s.don't forget to click the 20% discount button on the upper left of the Liberty FLights site to get the "good" price...........mj

Roger that madjack thx for the intell I have setup a forward OP and will
Recon all Contacts and execute my mission objective once acquired thx again madjack

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I sit here with my son on my lap showing him all of the wonderful replys suggestions and kindness you have all shown me and I am overwhelmed to hear and see from all of you I have not the words but to say thank you all , and thank you and your family Pheisty for your offer . I ll take a bullet for all yous ,
Luis Estrada
2976 Brookstone Way
Sacramento CA

thank you agian

It's the very least I can do! Give your son a squeeze for me...my kids were so happy when I finally was able to quit smoking a year ago, thanks to e-cigs and the wonderful people on this forum. Just paying it forward, friend!

It'll be in the mail tomorrow! :)

DebiMax

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Texas
Sgt. Estrada,

I have no helpful advice to give that hasn't already been given. I have a cousin in law in the army that is currently serving in Afganistan. My grandfather served during Korea and Vietnam in the Air Force. My great-grandfather served during WW2 in the Army Air Corps. And so from my family to yours, I just wanted to say thank you for the service you have given and will give in the future. If you ever need help with your e-cig stuff, you are well and secure and surrounded by supportive people here!

Simper Fi, Hoorah, and Aim High!

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Sgt. Estrada,

I have no helpful advice to give that hasn't already been given. I have a cousin in law in the army that is currently serving in Afganistan. My grandfather served during Korea and Vietnam in the Air Force. My great-grandfather served during WW2 in the Army Air Corps. And so from my family to yours, I just wanted to say thank you for the service you have given and will give in the future. If you ever need help with your e-cig stuff, you are well and secure and surrounded by supportive people here!

Simper Fi, Hoorah, and Aim High!

Thank You DebiMax I am very appreciated thank you again for your kind words and to all of yous thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread