Feels , drags , tastes like a Marlboro Light Which one HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Just wanted to say Welcome Home (although probably won't be for long) from a fellow AFG army vet. I got started on ecigs three months ago and am happily vaping along. Started with a ciggie size unit and quickly upgraded to an EGO (riva is a clone of the genuine Joye EGO) for longer battery life and more satisfying vapes. Recently discovered madvapes EGO Mego Dual Coil Cartos that hold a ton of juice and don't burn as easy as the Boges. Give them a try after you get your set up if you get an EGO bat or clone. Very easy to use.
As for mimicking the taste of a Marlboro my advice is not even to try. The tobacco flavors suck and you won't care once you get a good tasting juice. I prefer the mints as well for a good cigarette like throat hit. Get lots of small samples of juice from a JUICE supplier (versus a hardware supplier) and you will discover a world of flavor. Also your tastebuds are recovering from smoking so what you like today you might hate tomorrow (My first fave which I have four 30 ml bottles of now tastes like SOAP - ugh!).
Don't wait too long to (excuse the expression) pull that trigger. Get a real ecig before your 7-11 model dies and you revert back to analogs.
Best of luck.

I will WVvet thank you again

hamman

Moved On
Sep 7, 2011
No 46 Xin Xi MidRoad
  • Deleted by Timtam
First off, thank you very much for your service. I'm glad you made it back and are recovering.

I'm a newbie myself just converting to ecigs, so I thought you would appreciate the thoughts of someone who also smoked about a pack of Marlboro Lights/day.

I have two new devices, and I too was looking to replicate the feel and taste of my cigarette of choice. Like so many others have said, it's not possible to exactly replicate the way smoking an analog works. Your experience will be different, but the end result will be the same: you're supplying your body with the nicotine it craves. I bought a Marlboro knock-off e-liquid and the taste is definitely close. In order to somewhat replicate the feel, you might have to take longer, slower drags like I do. About a week in, I can definitely say that when I grab my e-cig and first cup of coffee in the morning, it feels like nothing has changed except perhaps me getting healthier.

The best of luck to you.

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Thank you all my friends for the great advise and suggestions . It looks like Im gonna go with the EGO since that is the one that is mentioned all over as well as RoughStack for when I head back out into the field. they ran out of the MadVapes 510 Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Kit at the madvapes site so I ll see if I can get one at the liberty flights site . Can anyone tell me where I can order the bobas bounty it has been mentioned several times so I figure what the heck . At any rate my friends thank you all again for of the assistance and it feels great to be part of a new Unit thank you for having me

Semper Fi

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Status Report My friends I have been vaping for several days now and I have had about 5 or 6 cigs during this time frame and all gotta say is HOLY .... never did think I would be able to cut back like that but then not having someone shooting at you or firing rockets during patrol helps as well lol. I would like to thank you all for being there , for all of the great suggestions and advise I wish I could say or do more for everyone. You folks are AWESOME

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Sarge, enjoy the time home...glad things are working out with the PVs for you...don't worry about doing anything for us, your service to us is more than anyone, anytime has a right to ask of anyone...thank you and your compatriots for that service............
madjack:2cool:

p.s. the eGo mega dual coil cartos...just for me personally(and we are all different) I didn't like 'em, while they do hold a mega amount of juice, I found that to be a two edged sword since, I like to switch up during the day and they produced a hotter/harsher vape than I cared for...now, the Resurrectors from Crystal Clear Vaping hit all my sweet spots...they ROCK...like I said, we are all diff and experimenting will find that sweet spot.........mj

p.s.s. high or all VG juice like Boba's can have problems wicking properly with cartos due to the thicker nature of VG...can't say for sure since, I use 80pg/20vg juices..........mj

Last edited:

dawghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
God this is a terrible answer, but for what it's worth, everyone's mileage is different. There's been units I couldn't stand that others have loved and vice versa. When I started more than 2 years ago I found myself complaining that some ecigs had too light a draw and other's too hard. It's such a personal decision. That being said much of my initial investment was trying a lot of different ecigs until I settled on one (which actually ended up being the first one I bought.)

One good thing you'll find on here is a fair measure of quality and consistency, beyond that personal choice becomes the standard. As someone who has fallen off the wagon some time ago and just getting back into vaping I'd say you've picked a terrific time as the technology and choices are so superior to what was just a short while ago.

Ditto everyone's comments on your service Sgt! Heal well and welcome to the forum.

Dagar

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
Hampton Roads
Welcome Home Sgt.

My husband is retired navy so I personally know the sacrifice you and your family have made for our country. We are glad you are home on the mend and getting healthier by quitting smoking.

We have been smoke free for 10 days. I tried like you those disposable cigs from 7-11 i was going through one a day so my husband sent out to find a smoke shop that carried e-cigs and we bought a starter set each.

You can do this, once I figured out how to vape that dang disposable I realized I could quit. I had a few reg smokes in between the first few days but once we got our starter kits we were done.

20+yr and Marlboro Light smokes. You will find what works for you best. I just for now like having something that feels more like a regular cigarette. Make sure your nicotine is at least 24mg. Everyone has their own favs, likes and dislikes.

The best thing is moving over to an e-cig is the easiest way I have ever quit smoking, more importantly it is the best way my husband has found to quit smoking.

Take care God Bless you and family and we look forward to seeing more of you on the forum.

Sgt.Estrada

Sep 5, 2011
Sacramento CA
Well my friends Im happy to report that I am a true vapor now. I cant even stand the smell of a real cig I am home now and back to my old gig , life of Marine reserve . I want to thank all of yous from the bottom of my heart , such wonderful people here that helped me through my transition I am for ever greatful my children are greatful , thank you all for your support I am looking forward to paying it forward to anyone in need here , and a special thanks to Pheisty Puffadder reprisal Boodle JustaGuy John Wayne bRo0kLyNsR3k uba egar320 madjack thank you all again

Semper Fi

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Well my friends Im happy to report that I am a true vapor now. I cant even stand the smell of a real cig I am home now and back to my old gig , life of Marine reserve . I want to thank all of yous from the bottom of my heart , such wonderful people here that helped me through my transition I am for ever greatful my children are greatful , thank you all for your support I am looking forward to paying it forward to anyone in need here , and a special thanks to Pheisty Puffadder reprisal Boodle JustaGuy John Wayne bRo0kLyNsR3k uba egar320 madjack thank you all again

Semper Fi

Awesome!!!! I'm so absolutely thrilled to hear it, Sgt.!!! I've been thinking about you a lot and wondering how things were going. Obviously, quite well!!

Well, I think I speak for all of us here when I say that we're happy that we could help you make the switch. Please take care of yourself. I'm so very grateful for your service and for what you've endured to help keep us free.

Don't be a stranger!! ;)

Semper Fi

boskix

Oct 12, 2011
philippines
imho you wont be able to find something that can be a 100% like the real cig BUT you can find something that you can learn to love and appreciate to replace the bad habit of smoking :) personally i dont recommend that you buy liquid or juice that tastes like cigs because it will defeat the purpose of quitting, ur trying to quit smoking and yet your trying to chase its taste and smell. try all the juices and find a flavor that you love (to replace the cig taste). it wont be easy but it takes a lot of will power :) GL

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV

Semper Fi

Glad to hear it Sargent. I'm glad you were able to locate, close with, and enjoy a good ecig lol. Hope to see you around the forum and if you ever have any gear issues, don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.

Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread