Fell In Love With a Dripper Then My Mod Crapped Out. Need Recommendations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Eek! What should I be looking out for? After the first few charges, I can leave it on the external charger overnight?
I leave them charging overnight next to my head. No, really. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. Me, I buy only genuine original batteries, no rewraps and I consider them sufficiently trustworthy. I do toss em if I see voltage sag though.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Eek! What should I be looking out for? After the first few charges, I can leave it on the external charger overnight?
Extremely high temperature. A little warmth during charging is normal. But if the battery or charger get too hot to touch, it's a warning sign. Unplug the charger. It's a good idea to charge batteries at the lowest setting you can tolerate with the time you have. I charge mine at 0.5 amps on my Efest LUC charger.

The only thing you really don't want to do is try charging or using a really old battery, any battery that looks dented or has a damaged or badly discolored wrap or damage to the positive end.

It is recommended that you monitor charging, but if we always watched every single battery charge up at 0.5A every single time, we'd never leave the house unless we only had one mod. And what sane vaper has only one mod? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread