Fighting that urge, going back and forth after bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Dragonfly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
U.S
My hubbie and I were smokers since our early twenties, he is 51, I am 47. Three years ago we decided to try vaping. We decided to wean ourselves off the cigs and continue vaping. Last year he decided it was to much to deal with and continued smoking cigs. I vaped on and off, smoking only three cigs a day, the rest vaping.
Last month, he contacted what we thought was a case of pneumonia, going back and forth to ER when antibiotics weren't clearing it up. Two weeks ago, ER ran a CT scan and showed some enlarged lymph nodes in chest area so admitted him and ran other tests to show small cell lung cancer. It is showing in lungs and small area in liver. Brain and bone scan came out fine. Pulmonologist drained a liter of fluid off chest and still some remain. They started chemo and will have doc apt in two weeks to see what other results. Despite knowing what cigs can do, I have found myself reaching for the cigs and less of the vaping. Nerves have been a wreck. I recently lowered my nic down from 16 to 12mg, Just ordered a higher mg. Maybe I should go back up to 24mg..
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and I will keep you both in my prayers. I've tried writing this several times but it doesn't say what I want without sounding down. Please don't go back to smoking as nothing good can come out of doing that. The best thing now is to take care of yourself and be strong and supportive for your husband.

KathyD26

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Calif.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband Empress. I personally know two people that have survived small cell as it is very responsive to chemo + radiation-much better than having the adenocarcinoma type that many non-smokers get. (or at least from what I have observed)
It's also probably not a bad idea to up your nic level at this time to see if that helps you with the cig cravings. Try adding some snus with your vaping and that will really calm your nerves and knock out most cravings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread