• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Filling Megacartos with a small gram scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
First I have acknowledge javajoe for the post where l got my idea on this.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-fine-jewlers-scale-graduation-1-grams.html

I was having a hard time figuring how much juice I could pump into an ego megacartomizer when I came across this post. I went to gramscales.com and picked up a used scale for ten bucks. American Weigh Card-120 Digital Pocket Scale 120x0.1g - USED.

I then weighed an empty carto that came in at 3.9 grams. After a couple of trial and error runs I found that about 1,5-1.75 ml of VG (a little more for PG) would make the carto weigh in at 6 grams. Anything more would start to leak out of the bottom. I'm betting I could get a little more in if I had any patience (not my strong suit).

Anyway when I go out during the day I weigh a carto that I have laying around and top it off according to how much weight is left before the "magic" 6 gram number. It lasts all day and beats anything else I have tried. I ordered some colored megacartos so I could keep the same flavor in the same carto. Hell, I even got matching batteries (I'm such a slave to fashion).;)

A big plus is I haven't shot a bunch of juice onto my fingers for awhile.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Here's a reply for you..

While this seems like a fairly innovative and logical way of doing this, I wonder if the viscosity of the juice would adversely affect the gram weight of the amount you fill into a carto i.e, the thicker the juice the more it weighs, and the less you would fill? Hmmm..

Or, I could just be blowing hot air, and you have your reply none-the-less. ;)

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
You're too kind to attempt to save this thread Dusty. However, what I've found is 100% VG gets overfill at around 6 grams 50/50 VG PG at around 6.3 grams so you're right, viscosity makes a difference. The main advantage to this method I think isn't so much the initial fill (a hypo suffices with decent ml markings) it's more for when you haven't finished the entire carto and don't have a good idea of the whats left and want to top it off.

roygodbold

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
virginia
My brother, who introduced me to the mega cartos, seemed to laugh when I kept asking him how do I know when its full.
I love these things, take one along to work in the morning and it lasts all day. I can understand 1.7ml added to a new one
will fill it, but I usually refill the night before work, I've been guestimating around 1ml but sometimes too little, sometimes
too much. This is a great idea, I've got a cheapo scale I will start using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread