Finally got my blood test results back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
I posted in my other thread I would post back when I got them, I got them taken early last month after I had been vaping and off cigs for almost 2 months.

Blood Sugar came back normal, so did my thyroid test, liver function was also normal as was my hemoglobin count. Cholesterol level was normal and about 10 points below average, my LDL was a tad bit high she said and my HDL was a little low she said to get a little more exercise (exercise has been iffy since I injured my back two years ago) and it should be fine though.

Blood pressure has been holding steady since they cut my meds in half, usually around 135/70 now which is terrific for me. So as it stands now after two months of vaping seems to be no affect on my liver/thyroid/blood or anything else. :)

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Xenite...Thanks for your update...I am positive alot of members were curious about this...It sounds good..very good info...thanks for sharing it with us!!!!!!!!!!!
t2015.gif

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I was a two pack a day smoker with a 35 year habit. I had 3 heart attacks and triple bypass surgery...not to mention 8 cardiac caths...some with stent placement and some revisions. The most relevant medical tests to ascertain whether the vaping has deleterious effects on the body is the pulmonary function study and a cbc. A smokers RBC size and hemoglobin carrying capacity are greatly affected due to the carbon monoxide from analogs. I have been for vaping about two years and completely off analogs 18 months. A week ago, I had my tests repeated and they were perfectly normal. My Doctor said I am now officially a non-smoker according to medical standards. It took a long time to achieve this. My blood pressure is normal and cholesterol and blood sugar are fine. Just an FYI for those with fears of PG and diabetes and VG for those who fear high cholesterol. I vape 3ml of 12 mg a day. I am one person....but there are many like me.:)
M:)y conclusion as an RN and a vaper and a person who loved smoking enough to smoke in the ICU bathroom 24 hours after open heart surgery and dared the nurse to take the cigarette out of my hand and told security to arrest me and my chest tubes. I was as committed to smoking as I now am to vaping.
sorry for the long post...just felt is was relevant to the OP and may give encouragement to those new to our vaping world.
Hugs and smoke free
Bonnie

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Makes me laugh now....but I was as serious as a ....well....HEART ATTACK! LOL...It would have hurt to laugh then...the look on the poor nurses face and me puffing away sitting on the John with IVs and chest tubes and well...a VERY embarrassed husband. (A non-smoker...enabler...the cigarette smuggler.) Okay...I did threaten him with a very DRY period if he did not smuggle...but that is for another time.
The point of the post is it takes quite a while to reverse the damage of those nasty stink sticks....but it is soooo worth it.
Hugs
Bonnie
and a fond hello to my old pal Rimp:)

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
Reminds me of my grandfather who was German, he smoked since the time he was 9 years old until he passed away when he was 76. The only health problem he had was a bulge in his aortic artery when he was 65, which they fixed, the very next day he was asking people to wheel him outside for a smoke! :p

My mother in law (well almost not married just yet lol) is a charge nurse for good Samaritan in L.A. She was the third person I converted after my girlfriend. She has smoked for fourty years almost and she had about as easy of a transition off analogs as I did.

I have been amazed how she as a nurse and my doctors have been very accepting of e-cigs and very curious about them. I think as more patients switch and see positive health changes it will become impossible for mainstream health care providers to discount them.

RJ Reynolds is working on a e-cig program, that should tell us all something. ;)

Buckstop

Jun 30, 2010
Texas
Thank you Bonnie. I have been smoking for well over 30 years and am as dependant as you were on analogs. I have been vaping for almost a month and while I did good the first 10 days or so, I am slipping now. I have to continue to focus. I love the e-cigs and I am not sure why I am smoking some again--not nearly as many, but some. I wonder if it is to "prove I can" or if I am just not getting the nicotine delivery. Or maybe it is just because it is easier to smoke. They taste absolutely awful and they make me cough...a lot. E-cigs taste better and I don't cough. I know I am just rambling here. But reading more about success stories makes it easier to get the determination back and continue on.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread