FINALLY made my choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Man sometimes it sucks when you have some money to spend, and then can't figure out what to buy!! lol

But, I had a prior thread stating I was hunting and looking for something with specific needs... but found something that I had seen prior, but didn't remember who made it etc!!!

Soooo, just purchased the Innokin iTaste VTR and to be totally honest, I'm just happy to stop looking at a million vapes and watching reviews on all of them! I'm sick of looking at them at this point!! :rickroll:

So, the one CON that I need help with, actually 2 questions are:

What other tanks will fit this? I can do my own coils and one of the CONS were that you couldn't change the coils in iClear 30? that comes with it, and that's NO BUENO, lol

SO, can anyone rec any other good tanks that will fit in it? I prefer glass with a easy coil to do. :)

2nd question is about the battery. This will be my first 18650 battery mod so virgin waters for me. I also have a Kamry that the charger broke on, can those batteries be charged with the same charger?

Thank you for reading, if you got this far... it's a fast type as my laptop battery is about to die!!

And if any good sites for the above with cheap prices, I'd love it!! Thanks so much in advance!!! :banana:

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Man sometimes it sucks when you have some money to spend, and then can't figure out what to buy!! lol

But, I had a prior thread stating I was hunting and looking for something with specific needs... but found something that I had seen prior, but didn't remember who made it etc!!!

Soooo, just purchased the Innokin iTaste VTR and to be totally honest, I'm just happy to stop looking at a million vapes and watching reviews on all of them! I'm sick of looking at them at this point!! :rickroll:

So, the one CON that I need help with, actually 2 questions are:

What other tanks will fit this? I can do my own coils and one of the CONS were that you couldn't change the coils in iClear 30? that comes with it, and that's NO BUENO, lol

SO, can anyone rec any other good tanks that will fit in it? I prefer glass with a easy coil to do. :)

2nd question is about the battery. This will be my first 18650 battery mod so virgin waters for me. I also have a Kamry that the charger broke on, can those batteries be charged with the same charger?

Thank you for reading, if you got this far... it's a fast type as my laptop battery is about to die!!

And if any good sites for the above with cheap prices, I'd love it!! Thanks so much in advance!!! :banana:
If u got the vtr already, u can get the aspire nautilus mini

If u didnt get it yet... U can get a snow wolf 200 w or ipv3 li and pair it up with an tfv4 mini or full size

Reactions: PinkEgoTUser

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
I ended up getting a Protank3, which is working out great... but now I thought I could rebuild the coils, as before but these I cannot get apart! I've watched so many vids but none of the coils look like mine. The only parts that I can take out are the pin and rubber grommett (?) I cannot get the other end (tube?) off. I'm wondering if they do this now so that we have to keep buying new ones??

Am I doing something wrong? Can I use my other coils from other tanks that I rebuild, those all seem the same, but don't know if they will work or not. I also found a tank called A7 and says it's rebuildable, going to do some research on this one also, in the meantime.
A7 Rebuildable Atomizer - Chrome

Until I find out how/if I can rebuild these, I'm having to buy replacements.

So far, loving this thing! It's awesome and so sturdy, no issues at all!

I look forward to your replies! Thank you in advance!

Reactions: dsheik

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I ended up getting a Protank3, which is working out great... but now I thought I could rebuild the coils, as before but these I cannot get apart! I've watched so many vids but none of the coils look like mine. The only parts that I can take out are the pin and rubber grommett (?) I cannot get the other end (tube?) off. I'm wondering if they do this now so that we have to keep buying new ones??

Am I doing something wrong? Can I use my other coils from other tanks that I rebuild, those all seem the same, but don't know if they will work or not. I also found a tank called A7 and says it's rebuildable, going to do some research on this one also, in the meantime.
A7 Rebuildable Atomizer - Chrome

Until I find out how/if I can rebuild these, I'm having to buy replacements.

So far, loving this thing! It's awesome and so sturdy, no issues at all!

I look forward to your replies! Thank you in advance!

What was your old tank? If it's a different brand then it will need it's own coils.

The Protank is rebuildable but it's tedious work.

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
What was your old tank? If it's a different brand then it will need it's own coils.

The Protank is rebuildable but it's tedious work.
Hi Elizabeth! I'm using the itaste VTR and it came with the iclear30 and I don't like using plastic, so I bought a Protank 3 and was going to rebuild coils for it but couldn't get it apart, I'm not sure it even does! Trying to find out if any of my coils from my other Protanks would work in this, or if I strictly have to use the Protank 3 ones. I don't mind rebuilding, but can't figure out how this sucker comes apart, the other Protank coils snap apart easily, but not this one!!

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi Elizabeth! I'm using the itaste VTR and it came with the iclear30 and I don't like using plastic, so I bought a Protank 3 and was going to rebuild coils for it but couldn't get it apart, I'm not sure it even does! Trying to find out if any of my coils from my other Protanks would work in this, or if I strictly have to use the Protank 3 ones. I don't mind rebuilding, but can't figure out how this sucker comes apart, the other Protank coils snap apart easily, but not this one!!

There's a trick to it...

Watch this if you can:

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
I think all the protanks are basically the same design in their coils. I think some maybe a tad bigger and have 2 coils stacked instead of one. You don't have to put 2 coils back in when you rebuild it... you can build it with 1. It would be much easier to build that way.

You need something to grip that piece that you are talking about... grab it with pliers and pull until it pops out. You may have to wiggle a tad to get it out.

Reactions: PinkEgoTUser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread