Finally Made the Jump to Mechanical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.richards1978

Sep 12, 2011
Nebraska
And I cannot BELIEVE the difference in flavor/vapor production!
I could never go back to my ego-types now! :facepalm:

Vapes.jpg

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Not long into vaping I was at a local B&M and there in the display case was a beautiful mech, and it beckoned to me, calling my name, saying "I know you want me, I'll take you to vaping Nirvana, buy me, BUY MEEEEEE!!!

I had no idea about mechs, but it was so beautifully machined and designed, and I had to have it. I could not afford it, but I bought it anyway. I had been looking for something better than the eGo stuff I'd been using, and when I put my Protank on it Hallelujah! It was vaping heaven compared to what I'd been doing, but... I didn't know at the time that when you venture into mechs you are headed into RBA territory, and there's really no avoiding that.

I burnt through Protank coils so fast it was a joke, and it brought home to me that it was RBA time. So I got an RBA, learned to build it right, got the right batteries and charger, learned to make mesh wicks, coil them right for the resistance I wanted, make sure of my ohms, and never looked back. I'm a happy camper now :)

Last edited:

Satyris

Verified Member
May 27, 2014
Uk
Not long into vaping I was at a local B&M and there in the display case was a beautiful mech, and it beckoned to me, calling my name, saying "I know you want me, I'll take you to vaping Nirvana, buy me, BUY MEEEEEE!!!

I had no idea about mechs, but it was so beautifully machined and designed, and I had to have it. I could not afford it, but I bought it anyway. I had been looking for something better than the eGo stuff I'd been using, and when I put my Protank on it Hallelujah! It was vaping heaven compared to what I'd been doing, but... I didn't know at the time that when you venture into mechs you are headed into RBA territory, and there's really no avoiding that.

I burnt through Protank coils so fast it was a joke, and it brought home to me that it was RBA time. So I got an RBA, learned to build it right, got the right batteries and charger, learned to make mesh wicks, coil them right for the resistance I wanted, make sure of my ohms, and never looked back. I'm a happy camper now :)

This is where I want to be very soon, I've bought some high end e liquid and want to get the best out of them.

ClasslessKing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I feel you man, I saw you commented on my dive into mechs a minute ago, so it's only fair that I welcome you into it! Loving both your setups! I cannot WAIT to start building coils and getting my build on. There's only one thing missing from my setup right now and I just have to find the right one and I'll be set for a bit.

s.richards1978

Sep 12, 2011
Nebraska
I feel you man, I saw you commented on my dive into mechs a minute ago, so it's only fair that I welcome you into it! Loving both your setups! I cannot WAIT to start building coils and getting my build on. There's only one thing missing from my setup right now and I just have to find the right one and I'll be set for a bit.

And I thank you sir!

I really like the Nemesis as well, and if there had been one in stock, I would have one of those too!

militiascene

ECF Veteran
Current RBA is just under .5, and 1.6 in the Nautilus.
Power is not adjustable without a kick on mechs, so naturally 3.7 or lower.

I have the Brass Monkey RBA, does anyone have a good guide, or link to a video for
coiling/wicking this beast?

Naturally would actually be 4.2 or lower as a 3.7V battery actually charges to 4.2V. Once you get down to 3.7, you lose vapor production and I actually change out my batts because I can tell a huge difference. This means at .5 ohms, you're vaping at approx 35.28 watts and pulling 8.4 amps on a full charge

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Got my first mech this morning! Infinite Black copper Stingray. Just a clone, I know, but I'm not getting the crunchy firing button a lot of people are claiming they got. I have my Kayfun 3.1 on it and loving it almost as much as my Provari's. Love the size, and how it's smaller then my Provari Mini's with an 18350 battery in them, even though I've got an 18490 batt in the Stingray. In 18350 mode, I plan on making it my stealth device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread