Finally made the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
I have been dragging my feet for a few months now on buying some flavor concentrates mainly because I didn't want to pay shipping... I know pretty stupid Amazon has spoiled me. I haven't paid for shipping in like 5 years. (had the student prime for the longest time) so I decided to buy from osdiy. My mixes will be Max VG 0mg Nic

So on order I have

OSDIY- Pink lemonade 30ml

OSDIY- Blue raspberry slushie 9ml (someone nabbed the last 30ml as I was checking out my most wanted flavor)

Flavor Art- Forest Fruit Mix 15ml

Flavor Apprentice- Sweetener 15ml

Goals:

Single flavor for all flavors

Forest Fruit Mix + Sweetener= Betty Clone. My wife's ADV I've heard people swear by it. Does anyone have any experience with these flavors? Best stuff to mix these with?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
My husband loved Betty. I seen all the recipes calling for like 10% -15% sweetener.

I bought FA Forest Fruit. As soon as you smell it you will know that its the right flavoring.

My recipe was 12% Forest Fruit and 2% Tfa Cotton Candy.
This mix satisfied my husband.

I would try to start lower on the sweetener, you can always add.
There was no way I was going to use 10-15% to start.
:toast:

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
My husband loved Betty. I seen all the recipes calling for like 10% -15% sweetener.

I bought FA Forest Fruit. As soon as you smell it you will know that its the right flavoring.

My recipe was 12% Forest Fruit and 2% Tfa Cotton Candy.
This mix satisfied my husband.

I would try to start lower on the sweetener, you can always add.
There was no way I was going to use 10-15% to start.
:toast:
Awesome to hear. We all know commercial juice has a lot of sweetener. Not all but a lot. I will probably end up making a very small tester mixed at the max percentage just to see if it in fact is identical or not. I have Betty and 2 Betty clones sitting on my shelf right now so I have juice to compare it too.

Reactions: Tmebs

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I would recommend doing some research on Sucralose (Splenda) and trying something natural like Stevia. At least it's not made from E. coli bacteria like Aspartame is, but it aint much better for you either.
From a personal standpoint i cant use any that you listed. Aspartame because i dont touch the stuff sucralose because in vape it bitters the taste to me. Stevia is beyond bitter to me.

Reactions: Boodaddy

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
From a personal standpoint i cant use any that you listed. Aspartame because i dont touch the stuff sucralose because in vape it bitters the taste to me. Stevia is beyond bitter to me.

I agree. VG is plenty sweet for me. I mentioned Sucralose (AKA-Splenda) because that's what he bought from TFA. Aspartame is made from genetically engineered E. coli bacteria, and when the bacteria are fed waste, and defecate, that is your Aspartame in diet sodas etc... Stevia is natural, and a whole lot better then Sucralose or Aspartame. Here is the European patent for Aspartame. Do a search for "E.coli" in the doc. Pretty interesting stuff

Process for producing aspartame. - CETUS CORP

Reactions: VintageModMan

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
I agree. VG is plenty sweet for me. I mentioned Sucralose (AKA-Splenda) because that's what he bought from TFA. Aspartame is made from genetically engineered E. coli bacteria, and when the bacteria are fed waste, and defecate, that is your Aspartame in diet sodas etc... Stevia is natural, and a whole lot better then Sucralose or Aspartame. Here is the European patent for Aspartame. Do a search for "E.coli" in the doc. Pretty interesting stuff

Process for producing aspartame. - CETUS CORP
I'm aware. My only issue with Stevia is I can't stand the taste if it vaped it has just like this harsh bitter flavor to it, leaves my mouth feeling like I licked the inside of an unripened banana peel. So my other option would be EM. Per the recipe it calls for Sucralose which I definitely believe is what Pin-Up uses in all thier juices. I have a decent palette. My buddy that is the manager of my local vape shop kinda laughs at me because I can pick up all the flavor notes of the juices I try and he wishes he could.

Needless to say I know the health related issues and possible hazards. Lots of us smoked cigs for years. I do have faith that even at the minimum level that what we vape is much safer.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I'm aware. My only issue with Stevia is I can't stand the taste if it vaped it has just like this harsh bitter flavor to it, leaves my mouth feeling like I licked the inside of an unripened banana peel. So my other option would be EM. Per the recipe it calls for Sucralose which I definitely believe is what Pin-Up uses in all thier juices. I have a decent palette. My buddy that is the manager of my local vape shop kinda laughs at me because I can pick up all the flavor notes of the juices I try and he wishes he could.

Needless to say I know the health related issues and possible hazards. Lots of us smoked cigs for years. I do have faith that even at the minimum level that what we vape is much safer.

Cool man. Glad you a aware. A lot of people will put anything in their juice without research, just because sellers sell it for vaping lol. I bet you rock at DIY because of your palette. I smoked for 16 years before switching to vaping. I agree it is safer, but still am careful what I put in my juice. Good luck with your DIY man!

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
Cool man. Glad you a aware. A lot of people will put anything in their juice without research, just because sellers sell it for vaping lol. I bet you rock at DIY because of your palette. I smoked for 16 years before switching to vaping. I agree it is safer, but still am careful what I put in my juice. Good luck with your DIY man!
Thank you. I do a lot of homework before I do anything my wife thinks I'm a research machine. If in not positive I often won't do it. Even after 3-4 years of smoking I can still taste. I hope so. I have such a hard time finding commercial juice that I like because I'm always finding little annoyances.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Forest Fruit Mix + Sweetener= Betty Clone.

You might want to mix up a small bottle of FA Forest Fruit at 2%, without sweetener, just to check it out. It's slightly sweet all by itself, and strong enough to be tasty even at that low level, especially if you're good at tasting things. You can always bump it a little for the next test bottle.

I test most FA flavors at 3% as a rule of thumb. Forest Fruit at 5% ought to be strong enough for just about anyone after 24 hours' steeping.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
You might want to mix up a small bottle of FA Forest Fruit at 2%, without sweetener, just to check it out. It's slightly sweet all by itself, and strong enough to be tasty even at that low level, especially if you're good at tasting things. You can always bump it a little for the next test bottle.

I test most FA flavors at 3% as a rule of thumb. Forest Fruit at 5% ought to be strong enough for just about anyone after 24 hours' steeping.
I'll definitely try that! I have a little bit to play with. I need to order some more VG this week. I have only used Loranns and a few other b&m flavors and have been successful with those. I do a max VG blend because PG seems to irritate my throat. Anything higher than 20-25% in commercial juice. That being said my juice that I have made have been plenty sweet because of the VG content.

I'm looking forward to getting my order and placing another here soon. blue raspberry has been one of my favorite flavors I have found. Punched, Blue raspberry sour straws is really the flavor I want to replicate. So in my next order as long as I like the blue ras slush. I hopefully can buy a larger bottle of that some sour, cinnamon roll and a custard or cream base.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
Quick update. I've seen issues with USPS before with packages being scanned delivered or attempted delivery. I was outside walking the dog and got a text notification of my package that was scanned attempted delivery no access.....I was right there outside. Open street. No mail truck...Huh. needless to say I haven't received my package.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
135c9fdfe622678bb44e0a5d8748d41c.jpg

Oh and skittles and a milkyway are a nice touch to the order! Lol

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
So you done mixin yet? do you like it? Im on the edge of my recliner here!
Just had the chance to mix up some tonight. After a hot bath here are my findings (all of my mixes are 0 Nic and Max VG.

OSDIY: Blue Raspberry Slushie - 15%

Not as blown away as I thought I would be. It's good but too artificialmaybe it just needs some sweetener to make it more slush like and a few drops of Koolada, sour or ice.

FA: Forest Fruit Mix - 10%,
TFA: Sweetener - 15%

This is a Clone of Betty from Pinup. It's pretty much spot on. I would say like 99% correct. I was also comparing it to a bottle of Betty that I have had for a year. (near empty) I wanted to know what would happen to the flavor after that long, It got sweeter.

So I would say as far as a Clone recipe goes this is really spot on. Another plus is my wife vape s the crap out of Betty. Now I can buy this and make our own my wallet will be very happy.

OSDIY: Pink Lemonade - 15%

TFA- Sweetener - 2% I do believe it was 1ml in a 30ml batch.

Holy Balls was this good. Taste just as good or better than the Big Bottle Co. Pink lemonade. I see my self making a ton more of this. I picked it up as an extra flavor for shipping reasons. So not sorry for picking it up. Taste exactly like a nice refreshing pink lemonade.

Props to OSDIY for making some solid single mix flavors can't wait to try more of what they have to offer. If you guys have any tips or any future flavors just let me know. Thanks for following the start of my Diy journey!!! Vape On!!!

So you done mixin yet? do you like it? Im on the edge of my recliner here!

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@VintageModMan - I helped a fairly local ECF member with DIY, and in the process got him also hooked on OSDIY Shop's One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends. I know the Blue Raspberry Slushie and Pink Lemonade are now 2 of his favorites, as well as some of his friends and co-workers. They have him make those 2 for them, too.

My own personal favorites so far are the Lucky Shot, Lotta Latte, Baked Cinnamon Roll, and the Strawberry Milk. An ADV has become a mix of the LL + the LS, at 6% each, with no sweetener or anything else added. It's been the owner's ADV for 3+ years now, but she makes hers at 10% each. She said if she subohmed, she'd probably drop it to 5% each at most. It's wonderful...kind of like a Caramel Latte.

ETA: I don't know if you knew about the OSDIY standing coupon code for ECF members. You can use either one of these for usually an 11-15% discount (varies with sales sometimes): ECF or JFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread