Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
In the past 3 1/2 years of vaping I have never reached 15 watts on any of my vaping gear. I can burn pretty much any juice at 10 watts or less....:oops:

+1. In my limited noob experience, the only time I ever go over 8 or 9 watts is when I'm firing a rebuildable, or rebuilt coils that I'm experimenting with (like Kanger heads with micro coils).

Vtr or vamo! The mvp blows goats

Umm, wut?

Lolwut_pear.jpg

Last edited:

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
MVP v2 its just a beast. I love having it right in my back pocket all day, great buttons, solid its sturdy as an ox. For maybe $40 and I paid $60 it seems reasonable at that price for the quality. Plus it can charge other devices ie cell phone, or some friends ego whatever and its got the battery life to spare. +1 mvp

I have been looking at the MVP2 at various online shops and I find it odd that there is up to a 25$ difference from on to another. Am I missing something? Are there different versions of the v2?

macaroni

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Rockledge, Florida, USA
I have the VTR but to be honest most of my vaping is between 8 and 9.5 watts.

+ I see the replaceable batteries as a plus, because when a battery dies it's just a battery and not the whole unit.

+ I like the tank is somewhat protected, the tank sticking up in the open on the MVP just seemed too vulnerable to me

+ I like the "retro" look, it reminds me of the transistor radios of my misspent youth

however

- it is more expensive

- along with the "tank protection" comes a limitation on the size of tanks you can use with the device

- the retro look may look kind of funky to some people, and unless you are an old fart like me you just don't understand how COOL having a transistor radio was :blush:

bottom line is both are good units and I think you will be happy with whichever one you choose.

Neverside

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
One question with the VTR. I realize the tank area only accepts a 19mm tank and im considering the Aspire Nautilus which is 22mm. Obviously this won't fit. So my question does the extension perform as well as the VTR does without it? How are the threads on the extension? Overall quality of the extension?

I just don't want to invest in a device than be locked down to just 19mm or smaller tanks.

+1 macaroni on the look of the VTR. It is stunning. Also thank you for the pros and cons.

Last edited:
While they are both great mods, comparing them is like comparing Apples to Oranges. The VTR is slightly more advanced, at least in my opinion. It is heavier, requires the adapter for larger tanks or EGO connections, and has a removable battery. The MVP on the other hand is lighter, has a built in battery, and does not require and adapter for most tanks.

The decision would be up to you depending on what you are looking to get out of the mod.

While I like the MVP, I consider the built in battery to be a disadvantage as you need to charge the Mod, where the VTR can be used while a battery is charging. Other than that they both perform excellent.

To answer your adapter question: I have not seen any voltage loss using the adapter. Tanks vape just as well on the adapter as they do direct to the 510 connection. There are also a fare amount of tanks that do fit without the adapter.

Smoktech Trophy and Trophy 2
SmokTech PBC 2.5ml
Smoktech Pyrex U-DCT 2.5ml

Hope this helps.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I love my MVP 2, and I think it makes a great step up from an ego type battery. Has both ego and 510 threading so you can use pretty much anything on top, and you get to experiment with watts and volts to find your sweet spot. Provides a smooth, consistent vape and has survived being drop down subway stairs. With the long batter life, it needs to be charged less then ego,a, which means that although it is still a disposable device, it should last longer then a typical ego. You can vape pretty well for $40 as you save for something with removable batteries. Or you can use the money you saved to find our ideal topper and/or juice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
I'm currently using the VTR and I love it! However, there is one caveat, the rotating 510 connection. For some, including myself, it gives erratic ohm readings. Supposedly Innokin has already issued a fix and newer VTR units come with a fixed 510 connection that does not rotate. I'm still waiting for my b&m to see if they can get me a replacement unit. I personally don't like using the extension adapter because I got the VTR specifically because of where the tank sits. Running a cobra clone on mine and it fits perfectly. I would still recommend the VTR but I personally would like an MVP (like I don't have enough mods already lol) just because I've heard a lot of good things about it.

tmillin

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
plus.google.com
While they are both great mods, comparing them is like comparing Apples to Oranges. The VTR is slightly more advanced, at least in my opinion. It is heavier, requires the adapter for larger tanks or EGO connections, and has a removable battery. The MVP on the other hand is lighter, has a built in battery, and does not require and adapter for most tanks.

The decision would be up to you depending on what you are looking to get out of the mod.

While I like the MVP, I consider the built in battery to be a disadvantage as you need to charge the Mod, where the VTR can be used while a battery is charging. Other than that they both perform excellent.

To answer your adapter question: I have not seen any voltage loss using the adapter. Tanks vape just as well on the adapter as they do direct to the 510 connection. There are also a fare amount of tanks that do fit without the adapter.

Smoktech Trophy and Trophy 2
SmokTech PBC 2.5ml
Smoktech Pyrex U-DCT 2.5ml

Hope this helps.

You can still vape on the mvp2 while its charging :D

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

lansens

Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Chicago, USA
I just made the move from the MVP v2 to the VTR, very happy with it. The iClear30s is a terrific tank and I plan on purchasing another, maybe two. My reason for the switch? While the MVP is a great little mod and has a built in battery, the down side is it has a built in battery. Once the battery is dead, the MVP is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread