Finally quit the stinkies: Mvp or VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sokka

Aug 9, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I have a VTR and used for couple of weeks and left there collecting dusts. The only time I use my VTR is when I build the new coil or dry burn. It is very solid built mod and fires 0.8 ohm but it's kind of too heavy for me to bring out and about. If you don't like heavy mod I would probably recommend you look for something different. If you are looking for general use not sub ohm or high watts, then MVP should do the job. Mind you that MVP has the battery built-in so you cannot actually bring out with you while charging. Prox for VTR is that it uses 18650 which you can still use the mod while your other batteries are charging.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Personally I vape all my regulated mods at max 15 watts. If I had to settle for lower watts I'd be vastly disappointed. The juiciness and flavor of the vape at 10 watts is just severely lacking to me. The main reason people don't vape higher than 10 watts is that their atomizers cannot wick well enough or supply enough air flow to handle higher watts and get dry hits. But with a good rba with a decent build, that is not a problem. I've been contemplating getting a DNA20 mod, but feel it may leave me dissatisfied, so kind of waiting for the next DNA upgrade to come out.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I'm currently using the VTR and I love it! However, there is one caveat, the rotating 510 connection. For some, including myself, it gives erratic ohm readings. Supposedly Innokin has already issued a fix and newer VTR units come with a fixed 510 connection that does not rotate. I'm still waiting for my b&m to see if they can get me a replacement unit. I personally don't like using the extension adapter because I got the VTR specifically because of where the tank sits. Running a cobra clone on mine and it fits perfectly. I would still recommend the VTR but I personally would like an MVP (like I don't have enough mods already lol) just because I've heard a lot of good things about it.

They have fixed it on the newer units. That wheel is now stationary. I like the feel of the VTR better. The rounded edge on the tank end fits comfortably and index finger reaches the fire button perfectly. The MVP just felt awkward. If there is a difference using the long adapter vs a shorter one with a mini PT, I haven't been able to notice it.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Can you use a ProTank or Evod on a VTR?

My button broke on my Mvp :( now its a paper weight
You have two options for the tanks that don't fit into the VTR's "cage" (or whatever it's called). You can either mod the VTR with a dremel (It's been done) or buy the extension piece for the VTR, and your tank sits on top of the VTR.

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
You have two options for the tanks that don't fit into the VTR's "cage" (or whatever it's called). You can either mod the VTR with a dremel (It's been done) or buy the extension piece for the VTR, and your tank sits on top of the VTR.

the extension adapter comes with the vtr. and to the poster who asked if a protank fits in it, it does. as for the evod, you can use the adapter.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
Awesome. Definitely a +1 for the mvp. This has all been really helpful. Getting the mvp will also allow me to spend the money saved on some more juice. Lovin it.

Any suggestion for juices or vendors I should try? Surprisingly im really enjoying the fruity flavors especially strawberry. Oh and redbull.

Interesting point. I have had my twist for about 3months and in that same time my gf has gone through 3 twist. What is the life expectancy of a MVP2? Is it common for them to die?

I like moo juice from mt baker vapor. It's great!

goodoleboy45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
ohio
I quit smoking in august. I just got the mvp 2 and its a great mod. I got a igo l dripper on it at 1.4ohms set at 10 watts and it last two long days with no problems before charging. Great flavor and vapor. A friend ordered the vtr and it is doing great for him BUT he is still packing battery`s around. That's not needed with the mvp

tmillin

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
plus.google.com
I quit smoking in august. I just got the mvp 2 and its a great mod. I got a igo l dripper on it at 1.4ohms set at 10 watts and it last two long days with no problems before charging. Great flavor and vapor. A friend ordered the vtr and it is doing great for him BUT he is still packing battery`s around. That's not needed with the mvp

Igo dripper? Is that similar to the X1 I have on mine? And 10 watts? Hmmm my X1 shows 2.2 ohms I haven't tried it over 8 watts yet time to crank it up a little lol

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Dfinch

Jan 5, 2014
Portland, OR
I went with the VTR after handling one in person. It is heavy but not uncomfortably heavy, IMO. The recessed tank cradle makes for a very compact, portable, protected unit.

It's my first experience with 18650 batteries, so that has been a bit of a pain. Still figuring out the charger since neither battery will show a full charge even after 12 hours. I wish the VTR showed battery voltage. Time to get a meter.

The MVP 2.0 seems more user friendly in that regard, but potentially more fragile. I need something rugged and the VTR easily fits that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread