Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well there are fads among kids where they "smoke" alcohol to get high, so I'm just wondering what the effects of vaping ethanol has on the body.

Ethanol is pure grain alcohol. Not harmful for us. Drink enough of it and we get drunk. A few drops in a bottle of juice would not do that. Your feeling lightheaded was from something else.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Ethanol is pure grain alcohol. Not harmful for us. Drink enough of it and we get drunk. A few drops in a bottle of juice would not do that. Your feeling lightheaded was from something else.

Something else? I just listed the ingredients so which one was the something else? Drink enough grain alcohol and you will get drunk? Yeah, like a thimble full. Are you basing your opinion on scientific fact that vaping a small amount of ethanol won't have any intoxicating affects or is that just an assumption on your part?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Ethanol(alcohol) used to disperse Oil Based Flavorings:
Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, etc.

Check the Diy section

Dihydrogen Monoxide - Now that one I worry about. :)

Op, along with this ridiculous scare post, you do realize minute amounts of Alcohol, generally 1% or less in total mix, Evaporate naturally and under Vaporization.............right.:glare:

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Ethanol(alcohol used to disperse Oil Based Flavorings:
Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, etc.

Check the Diy dection

Dihydrogen Monoxide - Now that one I worry about. :)

Op, along with this ridiculous scare post, you do realize minute amounts of Alcohol, generally 1% or less in total mix, Evaporate naturally and under Vaporization.............right.:glare:

Scare post? I'm asking a legitimate question. No, I did not know that, that's why I'm asking obviously. If I knew everything I wouldn't be asking, now would I? I don't care what's "generally" in a mix. The ingredient list says Ethanol. That could mean a minute amount or it could mean that additional ethanol has been added for one effect or another. I'm not going to make assumptions when I'm putting stuff into my own lungs. Why use all the scientific terminology in the first place? Why not call nicotine nictotine if not to just confuse us about what's actually in their product. No, I'm not liking the FINITI ingredients one bit and I also didn't like the way it made me feel. That wasn't a nicotine reaction I felt, it was something else.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Scare post? I'm asking a legitimate question. No, I did not know that, that's why I'm asking obviously. If I knew everything I wouldn't be asking, now would I? I don't care what's "generally" in a mix. The ingredient list says Ethanol. That could mean a minute amount or it could mean that additional ethanol has been added for one effect or another. I'm not going to make assumptions when I'm putting stuff into my own lungs. Why use all the scientific terminology in the first place? Why not call nicotine nictotine if not to just confuse us about what's actually in their product. No, I'm not liking the FINITI ingredients one bit and I also didn't like the way it made me feel. That wasn't a nicotine reaction I felt, it was something else.

I got flamed once talking about disposals, but when your out and in a jam, what are you going to do? The FDA is really going to try to get these disposals inline, at the same time ruin what we know to be better.

vaperature

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    Moved to disposables.

Kindly watch the thread titles.

OK. Thought of it more as a general discussion since the same ingredients can probably be found in any e-liquid, but you're the boss and I appreciate that this site is moderated since that keeps out the trolls and those who just generally like to be nasty. Have to go to work. I'll be back later to continue this lively discussion. Good vaping.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    I got flamed once talking about disposals, but when your out and in a jam, what are you going to do? The FDA is really going to try to get these disposals inline, at the same time ruin what we know to be better.

Personally I see the market turning toward improved disposables. How many people who would actually like to switch to vaping have the time and money to invest in trying out all sorts of kits. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if there's more disposable use than from e-kits which is why I find it surprising that this site doesn't have a more prominent disposable forum but just one buried there under specific models. But I'm not criticizing you guys there, I think you're great and it's your site so I'll be more careful next time to place my thread under the proper category. Have to go to work now.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    The ingredient list says Ethanol. That could mean a minute amount or it could mean that additional ethanol has been added for one effect or another. I'm not going to make assumptions when I'm putting stuff into my own lungs. Why use all the scientific terminology in the first place? Why not call nicotine nictotine if not to just confuse us about what's actually in their product. No, I'm not liking the FINITI ingredients one bit and I also didn't like the way it made me feel. That wasn't a nicotine reaction I felt, it was something else.

I'm actually impressed that they use this format. It does mean that most of us are going to have to look it up, but at least then we get the most accurate information about what it really is that we can.

For example, the list included "Natural and Artificial Flavors". So what exactly are they? The only ingredients you can't identify.

footbag

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    NEPA
    There is nothing wrong with using ethanol in liquid. Like was said earlier, it is used in flavor extractions.

The fact that it is listed separately implies that it is used for TH as well as in some of the extractions. IS it safe? To consume, yes. Preparing extractions is actually a bit dangerous. You cannot do them around open flames. Stovetop on a gas stove is a no-no.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    1) no issue with Cig-a-likes - personal choice is personal choice.
    2) No problem with listing ingredients - more should do so voluntarily
    3) Google search - information attained in 30 seconds.

Looking for answers is good. Posting in the proper sections to find answers is even better.:)
    Disposibles, e-liquids DIY, Health

vaperature

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    There is nothing wrong with using ethanol in liquid. Like was said earlier, it is used in flavor extractions.

The fact that it is listed separately implies that it is used for TH as well as in some of the extractions. IS it safe? To consume, yes. Preparing extractions is actually a bit dangerous. You cannot do them around open flames. Stovetop on a gas stove is a no-no.

Say what you like but common sense tells me not to inhale ethanol so I won't be vaping FINITIs or anything else that lists ethanol as an ingredient.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    I'm actually impressed that they use this format. It does mean that most of us are going to have to look it up, but at least then we get the most accurate information about what it really is that we can.

For example, the list included "Natural and Artificial Flavors". So what exactly are they? The only ingredients you can't identify.

OK, nicotine is nicotine, how is using the scientific term for it any more accurate than just calling it what it is? It's actually not.

baronvoncardo

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    www.youtube.com
    OK, nicotine is nicotine, how is using the scientific term for it any more accurate than just calling it what it is? It's actually not.

"Nicotine" certainly means more to me than does "3-[1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl]pyridine." It would be nice to see some plain language listed next to the compounds, like "(Nicotine)" or "(Flavoring)." However, I think it is only good that this company is using IUPAC labeling for their ingredients, since it is a world-wide standard. IUPAC name for ethanol is "Ethanol." If someone in Sweden or Singapore has the same reservations you do about inhaling it there will be no question that the Finity brand disposable is something they want to avoid. It provides a level of transparency and accountability that the general names do not.

I am away from home without my ecig so I picked one of these up at Walgreens for $6.99. Mine is "Midnight Tobacco" flavor. Honestly, I'm not crazy about it. I haven't experienced the light-headed feeling you described. All told, I'm happy with my purchase because I only dropped seven dollars on it and my expectations were fairly low. I'm not worried about the Ethanol. However, if it's something you feel you should avoid I respect that. This isn't the brand for you.

Cheers and good vaping!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread