1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

firmware 1.4 is out!

Discussion in 'eVic' started by Joe51, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Joe51

Joe51 Full Member

no comment on the new firmware, yet? Loving the inverse display today. I wonder how much battery it will cost to keep it that way. I mostly lurk here, but hey looks like I got the drop on you pros. ;)

Not sure what else is new, yet. Just installed

Anyone know why installing new firmware always blacks out my evic? Something I'm doing wrong? The nice folks over at joyetech instructed me on how to put it into safemode to let the firmware instal, but the first attempt always ends up in read error.

2. nicetucu

nicetucu Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't own an Evic, but thought firmware 2.0 was the most current.... ? no ? If I did I would try and hack it lol... it's in my nature.

3. Joe51

Joe51 Full Member

They say 2.0 is coming.... they never said 1.4 was coming out, but they've upgraded MVR to 1.4 also. I think you have upgrade firmware to use MVR 1.4.

Anyway, the wait for 2.0 continues.... wonder what they have on their mind for that?

4. Joe51

Joe51 Full Member

Ahh here's the list. Kind of small list of changes, but I like the inverse led.

From the website:

5. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

6. bobby james

bobby james Senior Member ECF Veteran

No Mac support?

7. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I see Win and Mac buttons on the left side of the screen.

8. bobby james

All that does is download a zip file that contains an exe file. Nothing I can do with that. Thanks though.

9. HPloco

HPloco Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here is the mac file

10. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

not feeling the display layout on this one....

edit: nvm, just realized you could configure it like it was before. like the inverted display :)

11. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't updated my evic since i smashed my laptop screen and switched to this annoyingly slow tiny netbook with no java support. -___- haven't felt a need to download it to this pc either. lovee it just the way it is.

12. CRkfx1

CRkfx1 Full Member

And this it yet another reason I luvs me some evic....upgraded to 1.4!
    My favorite features so far: the inverse screen (sweet when working outside) and further customizable home screen.

Anybody know what 2.0's got in store, maybe some kinda of game? I'm thinking some type of tetris game, controls would be perfect for it (left-right-button flips object).

13. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i hope they increase the amp/voltage/wattage limitations...

14. tom_chang79

tom_chang79 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm loving it. The inverse thing not so much, but the fact that they relegated the battery meter to the bottom, and I now have the option to put my volts/ohms and a clock or puff counter!

I've always wanted to put the system clock and date on the homescreen, but I couldn't before because I also needed the battery meter and the volts/ohms!

As far as the Wattage limitation, it could be a hard (hardware) limit determined by the limits of the buck/boost converter internally.

Has anyone cracked one of these open to see who's switcher they are using? Also, another thing that may limit the current is the resistance of the flyback inductor in switching circuits. The resistance will determine how much watts the inductor is dissipating, so it may not be a good idea to run it at high amperage (dotted with volts for watts), because you don't want that inductor to be cooking...

15. errolng

errolng Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

you could always see the battery level at the bottom if you did not show the battery reading on the top right

16. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nothing on me!!!! When I got home last night I downloaded the latest version. BTW Just got my Evic Friday. So far a very nice vape!!!!
    (Thought I'd never say I own an Evic, but it is fun to play with). ((Yea I'm that Old)). I can see now why it's so popular!!!!!!!!
    And all this comes from a vapor that owns a lot of different mods.

17. EvilRubberDuck

EvilRubberDuck Senior Member ECF Veteran

Anyone else having a little bug with the temp alarm in Fahrenheit?
    Celsius is no problem.

Ever since upgrading to 1.4 my temp alarm is set to like 45 Fahrenheit when I power my eVic up regardless of what I set the alarm to via the eVic or PC. I set the alarm in Fahrenheit and then switched to Celsius. Seems to have no problems remembering what I set the temp alarm for in Celsius. So I have a work around, just wondering if this was noticed by anyone else.

18. tom_chang79

tom_chang79 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Boh!

There is a weirs bug though, I got my volts/ohm on the left and time/date on the right, my eVic set to vw, everytime I'm adjusting the watts up and down, the volta shows time for a split second...

What's different with the 1.4 then? Is it just the inverse function?

19. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just glad I'm not the only person with this issue. I thought it was just me. I left mine in the Celsius setting and maintained the proper settings.

20. bobby james

Thanks HPloco

: provari, innokin, evic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.