Status
Not open for further replies.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
After contemplating buying the supplies needed to mix up some ejuice I finally took the jump.

My first batch was a spin on the Steve's Custard. This is still in a dark place but smells really good.
First Custard 02282015.jpg

This I did the same day as I really like the actual rice crispy treat. After a week of steeping and a couple of warm baths I am calling it TERRIBLE. Can't explain it but was nothing close to tasting good. If anyone has recommendations on tweaking it, let me know as I'd love to get this one down.
First Rice Krispy 2282015.jpg

Here is the one I made today after the idea of the ingredients popping in my head. It is sitting in a warm bath right now but has a very strong alcohol smell to it. I figure it is all the CAP custard and needs to mellow out for awhile. Should I add some smooth or vape wizard to mellow out the alcohol or just let it sit in a dark place for a good while?
Second Custard 03072015.jpg

Any suggestions is more than welcome, it is fun to get this going.

jblack741

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Detroit
On your fist one, I'd drop one of the butter entries and the smooth.
The second one, may want to drop the butter and add sweetner. I have not tried Rice Crispy flavoring so I can't really say.
For the third one, the brown sugar is going to take a week before you reaches a point where you can really enjoy it and you may find it overpowering. The overall mix is going to be like eating a spoon of sugar IMHO. When the brown sugar develops + the sweetner you will see what I mean.

Other than that it's all subjective to your tastes. I think you'll find that butter is much more tasteful in bakery flavors than it is in custards but again its subjective and everyone has there own tastes. Too much butter like cream can turn rancid or give your eliquid a spoiled taste and is something you'll have to play with in your mixes to find out what works best for the recipe that you are working on.

Keep at it!

On the second mix, I would probably increase the rice crispies to about 8, marshmallow I would decrease to around 2, probably can drop the butter to .25 - 1 % tops. And then, consider adding an extra cream or two... depending on what you have. Such as, vanilla, vanilla swirl, fresh cream ... let me know some you creamy flavors and I can give examples of how to make it work. Also, you can add sweetener, but about 1% is the highest I can go without noticed flavor loss.
***The biggest secret to DIY*** There is no right or wrong, just general principles we all loosely follow. This is because, we all prefer various tastes, appreciating difference nuances ... Some like it strong, some like it smooth!! Lol... just learn what you like and then you'll have ejuice nirvana.
***The 2nd secret*** Ask questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread