First Batch newbie: Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf8657

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Well, I dived in last night and made my first 10mL test batch.
My nic, PG and VG all came from Nude Nicotine.
My flavoring was Western Blend by FA.

Immediately after making it and shaking the death out of it, I tried a vape of it.
It had a harsh, peppery throat hit, and a indescribable almost chemical like taste to it. It also made me nauseous for some reason.
After reading a little, I left it open on the counter overnight and came back to it today. It vapes 90% good, but I can still detect
a *tiny* bit of that chemical-like taste sometimes, but it has strongly diminished, and it vapes fine without the nausea I was getting.
Tomorrow I expect it will probably be even better...

One thing I noticed is that the flavoring has Ethyl Alcohol in it, so with that not being evaporated, it may have been what was making
me nauseous.

My questions is this: Am I on the right path, as all liquids should steep/breath for at least 24 hours? Any further suggestions?
Also, the FA Cola flavor has way too much of a Lemon taste to it. Does anyone have a recommendation for something that DOES taste
like Cola?

Thanks for all the help guys!

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
With some flavors yu need smaller %. I have not used that flavor so I cant say for sure. I would take 1ml of your juice and mix it with 1 ml pg. This will cut your flavor to10%.. It will throw off your nic and vg/pg but that doesnt matter for a taste test. No need to steep just shake the bejeebers out of it and vape a bit. Compare to original. may still need to steep but may give you a clue of what to do next tme.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Most people I have seen post are mixing tobaccos at under 5% total flavoring. Some swear by Acetyl Pyrazine with their tobacco. Apple Cider vinegar is also another common additive. I personally don't like the tobaccos much above 1 or 2% total flavor in a juice. I have found the link below pretty informative. As with most things in vaping they are just general guidelines. If you like something, you like it, evenif everyone else is going EWWW.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/5007-sweetening-additives.html

Muero

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
Nashville TN
Just to echo what's been said. Most juices are good at 10% cept maybe tobacco which are much lower. Some you can vape instantly but generally all are better even fruits after a good steep. Personally, I mix, let breathe for one hour with lid off, Screw lid back on, into dark place for as long as I can. If lucky that's a week or more. You can see the color change, usually is nic oxidizing to a orangish color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread