First Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy272

Feb 13, 2016
I've been vaping with a spinner for one year. I'm ready to up my experience so I bought the Kanger Topbox Mini kit. I actually meant to get the Subox Mini, but so far I'm happy with my error. I ordered an extra atomizer tank as well. The replacement tank recommended was the Subtank Mini. The Topbox Mini settings require entering what material the coil is made of. The choices are Ni/Ti/Ss/NiCr (NiCr referring to Kanthal). The Topbox kit heads are all marked as such making it easy to know which setting to use. The Subox atomizer heads included are not marked this way, only marked as 0.5 and 1.2 Ohm. I'm want to use the Occ head included with the Subtank Mini atomizer, but am unsure of which setting to enter for it on my Topbox.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I've been vaping with a spinner for one year. I'm ready to up my experience so I bought the Kanger Topbox Mini kit. I actually meant to get the Subox Mini, but so far I'm happy with my error. I ordered an extra atomizer tank as well. The replacement tank recommended was the Subtank Mini. The Topbox Mini settings require entering what material the coil is made of. The choices are Ni/Ti/Ss/NiCr (NiCr referring to Kanthal). The Topbox kit heads are all marked as such making it easy to know which setting to use. The Subox atomizer heads included are not marked this way, only marked as 0.5 and 1.2 Ohm. I'm want to use the Occ head included with the Subtank Mini atomizer, but am unsure of which setting to enter for it on my Topbox.

I have not played with that mod, but I am pretty sure that you want to change the mod to wattage mode instead of temperature mode when using the OCC coils.

After priming an OCC coil I would fire it at 10w and slowly increase the wattage untl you find the wattage that works for you.

I hope that helps

Reactions: Tommy272

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
As P Busardo amusingly showed us with his 'shouting beaver' moment - Kanger have fast lost the plot with all these boxes and tanks and coils.
Do Kanger know how totally mad this is?
It's a wonder anyone can understand. :eek:

Anyway... unless I am completely wrong, coils marked with just the resistance will be Kanthal. You vape them in standard power/watt mode

@suprtrkr has called it right.

Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
As P Busardo amusingly showed us with his 'shouting beaver' moment - Kanger have fast lost the plot with all these boxes and tanks and coils.
Do Kanger know how totally mad this is?
It's a wonder anyone can understand. :eek:

Anyway... unless I am completely wrong, coils marked with just the resistance will be Kanthal. You vape them in standard power/watt mode

@suprtrkr has called it right.

Easy to understand for me, it ain't chinese XD

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
OH
Yeah haha, I took a few safety measures for my 200W box and all..

Only thing I don't understand about Kangertech is their english translation. LOL

They actually wrote that vaping is not a smoking cessation device in their manual.
OH SH.. ive been using a PV for over 13 month to stay off tobacco. I did not know that vaping was not a smoking cessation device. guess I'll just have to go back to smoking :lol: is kangertech really that out of touch with the real world? oh and to the new member welcome to ECF

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015

Only thing I don't understand about Kangertech is their english translation. LOL

They actually wrote that vaping is not a smoking cessation device in their manual.

Chinglish aside, many retailers and manufacturers are putting the "not a smoking cessation device" disclaimer out there due to varying regulations and future regulations by various governments throughout the world.

Believe me, manufacturers and sellers would love to tout ecigs, mods, etc. as anti-smoking devices.

twistedwire

Multiple ID Suspension
Feb 14, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
They actually wrote:

Don't use too much the electronic cigarette, more not than traditionnal cigarette,
the electronic cigarette is not a smoking cessation device.

Quality work gone into that. :p

Ask Yoda.

"Use your e-cigarette too much, do not. Yes, hmmm. For stopping smoking your e-cigarette is not. "

Tommy272

Feb 13, 2016

The "manual" is confusing at best. Im very thankful I found this forum.

Reactions: Vaping_Racoon

Tommy272

Feb 13, 2016
OH

OH SH.. ive been using a PV for over 13 month to stay off tobacco. I did not know that vaping was not a smoking cessation device. guess I'll just have to go back to smoking :lol: is kangertech really that out of touch with the real world? oh and to the new member welcome to ECF
Thank you for the welcome. It's good to be here.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
+1. The two coils you describe are Kanthal wire and should be run in wattage mode. BTW, NiCr is Nichrome, not Kanthal.

From what I understand the OCCs all have the red o ring which according to Kanger means that they are Nichrome wire.

1277878_1633831413548654_7104353745856692406_o.jpg

What I don't understand is.. Nichrome just for wattage mode? Because according to Kanger the KboxTC75 supposedly does Nichrome in TC too but I wouldn't take the chance.

Also Kanger has stated that the Claptons are Kanthal.

According to this chart I'm just sticking with Nickle and SS for TC. I'm just as confused as everyone else by what kanger is doing! :confused:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
From what I understand the OCCs all have the red o ring which according to Kanger means that they are Nichrome wire.

1277878_1633831413548654_7104353745856692406_o.jpg

What I don't understand is.. Nichrome just for wattage mode? Because according to Kanger the KboxTC75 supposedly does Nichrome in TC too but I wouldn't take the chance.

I'm just as confused as everyone else by what kanger is doing! :confused:
Kanger says they can use NiCr in TC mode.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal

And they write, "Please Don't Smoke the Topbox too often".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread