Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Amazing memory. Well played DeAnna

My point was to show that the term "oil" is used across the spectrum including panelist at a FDA workshop, which further supports confusion and misunderstandings on what is safe to vape and what is not.
My two cents..i think this 67yr old may have lost her life due to attempting to vape something that was oil based due to misleading 'oil' references.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
The coloring of some of the text is mine. otherwise this is the official Vicks VapoRub site.

Home > Products > VapoRub

Vaporub.png

VAPORUB
SUITABLE
child-adult.png

AGE 2+
RELIEVES
cough.png

COUGH
Nasal.png

NASAL CONGESTION
bodyache.png

BODY ACHE
Muscle-stiffness.png

MUSCLE STIFFNESS
chest-congestion.png

CHEST CONGESTION
Your Mum used it. Your Grandma did, too. And her Grandma before her. Generations spanning more than 100 years have trusted Vicks VapoRub to provide relief from the common cold for the whole family. Today, it is Vicks VapoRub providing relief in 5 minutes for the whole family, preferably applied with mum’s healing touch, that your own loved ones rely on to drive away the flu season’s aches and difficulties… especially the Man Child.

When cold strikes, men revert to little big boys– and the only way to get your Big Strong Hubby back is to lovingly nurse your Man Child with the secret remedy his own mummy used against colds when he was just a wee boy – Vicks VapoRub.

Available in two pack sizes: 50 gm | 100gm
DIRECTIONS
INSTRUCTIONS:
Use as MEDICATED VAPOUR to relieve NASAL CONGESTION.

Fill a bowl with steaming water (not boiling!) and add 2 teaspoonfuls of VapoRub. Let your sick loved one gently inhale the steaming vapours with a towel over his head and the bowl to clear blocked noses and ease breathing difficulties. You may repeat this up to four times a day but discard bowl contents every time. And supervise the kiddos!

Use as RUB ON MASSAGE for temporary relief from COUGHS DUE TO COLDS and MINOR MUSCULAR ACHES due to colds.
Vicks VapoRub contains cough suppressants. So if you want a very good night’s sleep for the whole troop, gently apply VVR on chest and throat before bedtime to silence coughs.

A loving massage will also soothe colds-induced effects like headache, body ache and muscular stiffness.

Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
INGREDIENTS
With Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol and Camphor as active ingredients, Vicks VapoRub provides effective multi-symptom relief* from aggravating cold symptoms when used either as a steaming vapour or as a massage

ETA: This also from an official Vicks site:

1. Vicks VapoRub is an ointment which is used to relieve nasal catarrh (inflammation of mucous membranes in the nose and throat), congestion (a blocked nose), sore throat and coughs due to colds. Vicks VapoRub contains four active ingredients: Camphor, Turpentine oil, Levomenthol and Eucalyptus oil.

Last edited:

Siouxinpa

Jun 8, 2015
Central PA
Well, the original poster on FB is from Jacksonville, Florida, and supposedly this was her neighbor so I assume it happened in Florida. I personally think it was the work of "Florida Man"

If the original poster was from Florida and she had just returned from the memorial service, it can be assumed the deceased was from Florida as well.

Why in the WORLD was she being treated by the Mayo Clinic in MN??? Even if she was medevaced there are many East Coast medical facilities that are just as qualified as the Mayo to handle something like this.

Hmm...maybe because the story wouldn't have the shock value without the name of the most recognized medical facility in the US attached to it?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I read it on the internet so it had got to be true :facepalm: We are talking like, we read it on facebook, it had to have happened. I am sure the lady that posted it to her page read it and thought it important enough to share. That doesn't mean that it actually happened. I feel sure that it didn't happen or didn't happen as posted. JMHO though, of course.

makuto

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2014
Santo Domingo, DR
so i was on my facebook tonight, and a friend of mine shared this link:

Just returned from our neighbors memorial service. She died of suffocation, the oil from the vapor ciggaretts coated the folliculs in her lungs. The Dr's at Mayo could not remove the oil. She was only 67. Beware of vapor and E-ciggaretts.

it currently has over 1500 shares. my bs alarm is sounding hard, but not knowing the authour of it i didn't feel right msging her to get into particulars.

what do you guys think? more propaganda by the uneducated? or a legit case of e-cigs killing a person?

Sounds like a scheme from big tobacco... i dont know I just don't believe it

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
i was thinking.:eek:
perhaps due to her age she was using the
medical version of stuff we can't mention here.
regards
mike

Nope.
Even less danger there based on over 3000 years of worldwide use..and countless studies by universities, big pharma and government...and not a single recorded death. Ever.

The e cig story is an imaginary tale.
Nothing more. Not a shred of proof it even happened.

I call "Shenanigans"!
Everyone grab your broom!

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Vicks VapoRub is an ointment which is used to relieve nasal catarrh (inflammation of mucous membranes in the nose and throat), congestion (a blocked nose), sore throat and coughs due to colds. Vicks VapoRub contains four active ingredients: Camphor, Turpentine oil, Levomenthol and Eucalyptus oil.
I do not think we can even compare amounts of oils inhaled when using VapoRub with amounts of VG/PG inhaled in a single puff.
Oils in cough suppressants do not bother me at all.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If the original poster was from Florida and she had just returned from the memorial service, it can be assumed the deceased was from Florida as well.

Why in the WORLD was she being treated by the Mayo Clinic in MN??? Even if she was medevaced there are many East Coast medical facilities that are just as qualified as the Mayo to handle something like this.

Hmm...maybe because the story wouldn't have the shock value without the name of the most recognized medical facility in the US attached to it?
There are actually mayo clinic hospitals all over the country, there is one in Jacksonville Florida. It's just the name of the hospital. I still don't think things happened as the person described, but at least that part isn't a complete falsehood.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I've seen e liquid referred to as oil on some of my Chinese gear. And quite a few times in the new members section.

I suppose its possible that leads some people to think they can use oil.

Let's hope noone vapes what this is made for, then :p

$6.18 Aluminum Electronic Cigarette Tobacco Tar Oil Filler Bottle (10mL) - w/ keychain at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

... mmm... cigarette tobacco tar oil...

It's not just tobacco tar oil. It's tar oil from processed cigarette tobacco. And it's not just tar from cigarette tobacco. It's the concentrated oils from the tar of cigarette tobacco.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I've seen e liquid referred to as oil on some of my Chinese gear. And quite a few times in the new members section.

I suppose its possible that leads some people to think they can use oil.

I wouldn't be surprised that people put actual juice in their atties. Almost everyone calls eliquid juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread