• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

First Japan Official Post Yeah(please check in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

memorysan

Aug 25, 2010
Yokosuka, Japan
Woohoo, I can post here now...got it figured out (obviously a newbie to this forum).

Anyway, I'm in Yokosuka (Navy) and am glad to have found some other people in Japan to ask Japan specific questions to:

What is the legal status of electronic cigarettes in Japan?

I get the feeling from what I have read that the Japanese government considers them drugs if the juice contains nicotine, and the web sights I have looked at (with Google translator) that sell juice say they are nicoting free.

I have ordered a starter kit and extra juice that will (hopefully) get here any day now. I'm hoping it doesn't get stuck in customs or something because it's not legal here.

If it is legal in Japan, where can I get juice with nicotine (Yokosuka, Yokohama, or Tokyo areas)? I would love to be able to buy locally instead of having to order every time. Even though ordering seems to be pretty cheap and has free shipping, I don't want to have to worry about making sure I order more than a week before I will run out...what if there is some hold up in the mail or something? I would hate to get myself analog free then have to go back to them because the juice didn't get here in time...or because I forgot to order it way before I actually needed it.

Any suggestions?

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
We probably crossed paths this past weekend... I went to Yokosuka to check out what they had at the NEX and such.... I live in the Sagamihara Area.

Well your best bet.. Is to order.. and one good thing APO (FPO for you I think) has domestic rates... and as long as you don't buy tooo much liquid it should make it past costumes.. China is the other route...

But as far as having enough ..it won't take long for you to build your stock of liquids... places like tastyvapor sell good sized bottles for the price... plus if you purchase higher nic juices and cut it with either TV's doublers or regular PG/VG you increase your nic juice amount considerably...

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I'm non-military so no APO/FPO/etc. I order all my stuff from the big Chinese vendors and have never had a problem with customs. Not sure on the actual legality of juice with nicotine in Japan.

I imagine that it's illegal for retailers to carry juice with nicotine as it's treated as a drug. That's just my uneducated guess though.

At any rate, order online... you'll get better products at a much better price. Don't bother with the crap you can find at Don Quixote or smoke shops in Japan.

Tdol

Jul 28, 2010
Japan
-Atty: Some of new e-cig (tokyo smoker ls3930 and ECO Smoker ONE-JP) are claiming that they use Japanes designed better atty. Have anyone tried these, and what do you think about it?

I have a Tokyo Smoker and it does have a very fat atomizer - it is basically as wide as possible- and it can generate a lot of vapour.

memorysan

Aug 25, 2010
Yokosuka, Japan
I'm using E-go from Cignot and juices from freedomsmokeusa and Vapor4life. I haven't had any problem with customs either. I did order a Blu set a long time ago and complained when it didn't get here...was resent and still hasn't gotten here (it should have by now). Other than that I have received everything I have ordered rather quickly.

Cigarette free for about a month and a half now!!

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Hi there, I'm an American, born in Kyoto and went to school in Kobe...live in Tennessee but interested in this group. I have been known to go to Japan frequently (well, in my past)...would love to go back. Anyway, I'm bilingual and bicultural. Interested in how Vaping is going in Japan. Yoroshiku!!

NOIS29

Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Washington, DC
Hey guys, I live stateside, but used to go to Japan frequently over the past decade, but its been a few years since I've last been. (used to date a few nihonjin girls but my current gf is from the US so my need to go to Japan has significantly diminished). I've studied Japanese for about half my life, and have interest in Japanese culture and the youth subcultures.

I was curious about the vaping scene in nihon so thought I'd check in here. Some of my friends dropped in for a visit from Aichi this past Xmas, they were pretty interested in my PV. They said they've heard of denshi tabako but never saw one up close haha.

Has anyone seen the Bape e-cig? BAPESMOKER.COM Pretty expensive hah but what do you expect from A bathing ape.

anyways, yoroshiku!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hey everyone! Seems very quiet here, but I'll introduce myself anyway.
I'm a female gaijin and been living in Tokyo Japan for close to 12 years now. I have permanent residence and my husband is Japanese. My Japanese language skills are very poor I'm ashamed to say.
I love vaping and mods and ejuice and everything related, so I'd love to hear from other enthusiasts in Japan. I recently ordered quite a few mod kits etc. from MadVapes, and would be very excited to hear from anyone else who is interested in modding as well.
Last weekend I went to a Home Center in Saitama and vaped away like a dragon on my (new) black Provari with a Map Tank. All the way down the aisles, at the till etc. etc. - everywhere really. Then I sat at the outside tables eating lunch - where all the smokers and doggy people gather (everyone else sits inside) and vaped some more! I got a few curious stares from the smokers, but needless to say, no one said anything. Usually I am much more discreet about vaping in public, so I'm not sure what came over me hehe...:p
Ishiyaki Bibimba.jpg

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Dragonbone- your Babinba looks amazing next to your Provari!!
I'm pretty much a die-hard REO guy so typically hang out over in the REO Lounge.
There was a girl, Yoko from Yokohama (I believe) that bought a REO a few months ago and hung out there for awhile.
She said that the supplies for vaping were almost non-existent in Japan and what was there and available was no-nic or very low nic, and devices were very standard e-cig with carts type of thing so she was glad to get a bottom-feeder like the REO.
It seems that retail of nic-juice is a no-no in Japan and those who are doing it are doing it very inconspicuously. Like you, she was having no problem ordering juice and supplies from the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread