• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

First Japan Official Post Yeah(please check in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaijin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
www.gingabox.com
TennDave, technically retail of nic-juice is perfectly legal here in Japan (I myself have lived here for 5+ years). The problem isn't actually the legality of doing it, but the licensing to be able to do it. As many well know, in Japan you have to jump through all kinds of hoops and play nice... and oh yeah, pay HUGE fees for that type of license. But there are a few companies, Janty for one, who does retail here with the proper licensing.

I myself thought about doing it, but the licensing was going to cost in excess of one million yen (roughly + $10,000 USD) and wasn't willing to take that kind of risk just on the licensing, let alone all the other expenses involved, which is probably what most other retailers think as well, which is why its hard to find good quality vaping supplies in Japan.

Just thought I would through in my two cents and experience since your post caught my eye, hope I didn't .... in.

delasoul

Feb 21, 2012
HKI, FINLAND
Hello to all the vapers in Japan! I have a few questions for you...

So I'm coming to Japan to study for a year at the end of March and i should probably bring my equipment and some liquids with me to avoid reaching analogs. Can you give me any advice regarding the customs at Narita, packing liquids and batteries(hand luggage or not) and so on.
Below all the equip and liqs i was thinking about bringing.

- Mini Lavatube, 2x aw imr 18350 batteries+trustfire charger
- 2 x Ego 1100mah batteries
- 30-40 nr boge cartos + couple of fitting tanks
- 150~200 ml of liquids in 30ml bottles (with nicotine)

I appreciate all the help you can give, so thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I have absolutely no problems and travel often in and out. If in the extremely unlikely event, they do ask you what it is, just tell them. People are often searched on entering, but as long as you have nothing illegal, you have no problems! Ecigs are not illegal.
Good luck :).
Hello to all the vapers in Japan! I have a few questions for you...

So I'm coming to Japan to study for a year at the end of March and i should probably bring my equipment and some liquids with me to avoid reaching analogs. Can you give me any advice regarding the customs at Narita, packing liquids and batteries(hand luggage or not) and so on.
Below all the equip and liqs i was thinking about bringing.

- Mini Lavatube, 2x aw imr 18350 batteries+trustfire charger
- 2 x Ego 1100mah batteries
- 30-40 nr boge cartos + couple of fitting tanks
- 150~200 ml of liquids in 30ml bottles (with nicotine)

I appreciate all the help you can give, so thanks in advance!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Thanks for the super fast reply DB! I did a little snooping around the forum and found other thread about bringing ecig-stuff to Japan and my heart got a little lighter...

Gonna be in Chiba / Katsuura -area so at some point would be nice to maybe get a meeting together with some vapers!
Sure, that would be great! Don't worry about anything. Are you a 0 nic vaper or are you just worried about bringing in nic juice? Are you a guy or a gal?

delasoul

Feb 21, 2012
HKI, FINLAND
12-24 mg nic vaper and just worried if the customs are gonna give me ish about bringing my 1 litre flying liquid baggy-thingie full of nic-juice... And ima guy :)

Been to Japan 2 times before and on the first trip the customs took me aside and showed me pictures of different type of drugs and automatic weapons and asked me if i had any... :laugh:
obviously, i didn't

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
No of course not, the fly-baggy full of 30ml bottles
Regarding your previous comment. Lol! Yes, Japan customs are strict, but reasonable too. No personal egos, big guns, bad attitude types (like my recent USA customs experience). they just do their job carefully and if they feel they need to search and ask plenty of questions they do, but really if you have nothing to be afraid of then there is nothing to be afraid of. Plus, they love students coming from abroad and realize you will be coming with a lot of stuff. Just follow the usual Japan rules, ie. Look neat and tidy, be POLITE, smile, be patient and answer all their questions.... No problems!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Nice to meet you. I am a Japanese living in Ibaraki.
I usually have to buy electronic cigarette in Numata tea store.
But in Japan, so nicotine-liquid can not sold by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law, and then import only nicotine.
What kind of ecig do you have? Doko de Nicotine o kai masu ka ? Net shop (Totally Wicked) de kaemasu. Eikoku no kaisha no net siten ga arimasu.

taka2

Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Japan
What kind of ecig do you have? Doko de Nicotine o kai masu ka ? Net shop (Totally Wicked) de kaemasu. Eikoku no kaisha no net siten ga arimasu.

I am using PVs in the photo.
NEC_1012.jpg

In the past I bought the nicotine from Blue Cig(China), Cotton Club (Thailand) and Totally Wicked(UK).

sppowers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Boston
Sup everyone, I lived in Japan for a year and a half when on active duty and have been back 5 times since. I have had 2 people say something to me while I was living there about vaping, back in the M401 days haha. Honestly I think its just like here, the older the person is the more confused they are about what your doing (although some younger people are clueless too of course)... my buddies father calls my mods "The Star Trek Cigarettes".

If anyone wants to meet up and chill I'll be back next month on the 8th, Yokohama area for most of the time, and Kyoto for a few days. lemme know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread